ForumsSupport Forum11-4-2014 - Profiles May Be Broken! Emoticons

30 4784
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Greetings all, we're working on some fixes and updates, so over the next 24-48 hours user profiles may break. We no longer will be allowing the use of HTML in profiles, but BBCode will be implemented that should near the same functionality. We're also hoping to implement a more robust profile editor, so there should be some fun to be had with that.

Feel free to post here with any concerns, but please note this may take some time to get fully launched so please be patient. Thanks everybody, and sorry about this!

• 30 Replies
apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

Oh...that's why the HTML elements on my bio aren't working anymore. That means I have to learn BB code now. Oh well...

Edit: Ferret ninja'd me.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Note: Some BBCode may already work, so feel free to try.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Fix is in place, please update your profiles and see if they are fixed.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

What made you choose to eliminate HTML on profiles? I know that it was abused when it was put into comments but were their problems with it on the profiles?

Also what do you mean making the profile editor more robust?

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@daleks It was used to cause mischief, and had to be removed for security reasons. If you have issues with something not working that you wish would, let me know and we may be able to get it into a future release. The profile launching code however, or loading SWF files can no longer happen.

The more robust version won't be launching today, but in the future with the new profile page. It just should make using BBCode easier.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

:O

I was proud of my about and now it's all messed up.
;(
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@SSTG Sorry about that bud, I think you can re-create most of it though. ^^

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

A few tests to see if the new BB Codes are available in the forums.

Testing underline.

Testing red.

Testing half size.

Testing double size.

• Testing
  • unordered
  • list
  1. Testing ordered list.
  2. This is number 2.
  3. This is number 3.

Edit: None of them work, which is probably a good thing, because colors can be used to impersonate, and sizes can make posts look bad.

Testing code.
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

@SSTG Sorry about that bud, I think you can re-create most of it though. ^^

I fixed it already. It almost look like it was before.
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@SSTG Glad it's fixed up!

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Not all 'color' codes seem to work. I've tried some of a list I found. Standard colours like red and blue, and also few others like navy and teal, seem to work. Others like gold, salmon, coral, royalblue, and any dark variation like darkred fail to work and simply appear black. Those mentioned are the ones I tried out so far.

Otherwise it's fine, blank rows finally work again

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@HahiHa You can use a color number as well I believe, and those should all work?

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

I had an unpleasant surprise today when I logged on to my profile.
Forgive me for being so ticked off, but AG seems to be doing a lot of this sort of thing lately.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@themastaplaya Sorry man, truly. We have for a long time though in profiles stated that we don't support HTML - and today was the day we finally put the nail in the coffin. BBCode is still available. Let me know if there is anything I can do to make things better for ya.

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

Interestingly, it seems that you have unintentionally added emotes here (or at least I think it's unintentional). Not that it's a bad thing or anything. I don't really mind.

Showing 1-15 of 30