ForumsSupport Forum[Fixed] Can't view notifications on Disqus...

22 7109
jbondguy007
jbondguy007
47 posts
Scribe

It has been a while, now, about two weeks...

I can't view my Disqus notifications anymore. When I click the notifications bubble, it just shows the spinning "loading" symbol, but it won't show the replies/upvotes at all.

I also can't access the notifications through the Disqus website.
I can still post and reply normally.

I am aware that the issue is highly probable to be on my side only, but I'd really appreciate any help for resolving this annoying problem.

Thanks.

• 22 Replies
weirdlike
weirdlike
1,299 posts
Prince

@Erile sorry to hear that you are having such difficulty if you ever come back to this...

Regarding me, as I've stated before, I've tested this problem on all 3 browsers across several different OS's on many different computers and setups. None of them have any blocking software of any kind and, just to be sure, in every case I disabled everything and rebooted. I even tested all of this again on a machine which I completely wiped clean, and then installed nothing but the browser. Even a factory-direct Windows 8.0 setup with only internet browsers was unable to get it to work.

From what you explained here it sounds like the issue might be with your router or network. Have you tried at a different location (ex.` away from home)?
A simple 15 sec modem and router reset might fix the issue otherwise you will need to access the router and make the appropriate changes. A true test would be to bypass the router and connect straight to the modem then check if it works. If it still doesn't work then it is not the router.

Gameboy98
Gameboy98
232 posts
Jester

I have a problem where the notifications button leads me to the Disqus log-in web page. I even created an account to see if my notifications would end up there, but they didn't.

HELP! MY NOTIFICATIONS HAVE GONE TO 9 AND I USUALLY NEVER LET IT GET TO 3!

Gameboy98
Gameboy98
232 posts
Jester

Now they're 9+, help me!!!

Erile
Erile
488 posts
Chancellor

@Erile sorry to hear that you are having such difficulty if you ever come back to this...

From what you explained here it sounds like the issue might be with your router or network. Have you tried at a different location (ex.` away from home)?
A simple 15 sec modem and router reset might fix the issue otherwise you will need to access the router and make the appropriate changes. A true test would be to bypass the router and connect straight to the modem then check if it works. If it still doesn't work then it is not the router.

I had also tried other computers owned by other people in my city and all had the same problem (posted elsewhere), making it not an individual network issue. Basically, I literally tried everything (no add-ons, different OS's, different browsers, different networks, etc.), and didn't get anywhere, that's why I'm giving up on it.

Gameboy98
Gameboy98
232 posts
Jester

Will someone explain my problem already!!!

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@Gameboy98 Did you review the thread? A few people fixed their issues, but most seem centered around add-ons, privacy software or blockers. Please try other browsers and disabling any of these.

Erile
Erile
488 posts
Chancellor

In the end, it must have been a disqus bug. After months, it suddenly started working again on machines which had undergone no changes. Though as a related note, disqus still doesn't recognize AG users log ins when it forwards you to their site, so you can't respond with your own name to comments when you get off of the game page.

Showing 16-22 of 22