ForumsQuests[Deactivated] The Weapon Masters Quests

90 43216
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

IMPORTANT NOTICE:

The game developers of The Weapon Masters have informed us that the game will be closed down on March 31st. Because of this game having Quests, we are sad to inform you that they will be unachievable after the game is closed down. The Quests will be moved to 'Legendary Status' after the closing down and will not be available from there on out...

If you want to achieve these Quests, we urge you to do so before the closing down date of March 31st. All achieved Quests for this game will then remain in your Quest list, but changed to Legendary Status.

~MrDayCee

Here are the Quests for The Weapon Masters!

http://quests.armorgames.com/website/1/media/icon/c0e0d9d0ef3a2dd2700080d262be8acb.png?v=1472734231&vv=1472737220
A Step to Glory
Reach Level 2.
Hardness: Easy

http://quests.armorgames.com/website/1/media/icon/405bcf716cb23a4b8556d144ca157b4a.png?v=1472734254&vv=1472737208
Mix and Match
Use the magic cube in your stash.
Hardness: Easy

http://quests.armorgames.com/website/1/media/icon/2884adbf6469c7e6d069591e8b89f6f0.png?v=1472734291&vv=1472737197 NOTE: This Quest was initially released, but removed later on.
Seasoned Fighter
Win 20 times in the arena.
Hardness: Medium

http://quests.armorgames.com/website/1/media/icon/c37e543550a01acd804b3280916bb1e7.png?v=1472734356&vv=1472737144
Go Straight!
Clear an explore dungeon without using any potions.

http://quests.armorgames.com/website/1/media/icon/401d45889142c9b63183264acf5fc16a.png?v=1472734342&vv=1472737179
Max it out
Enhance an item to it's max level.

http://quests.armorgames.com/website/1/media/icon/9dd32c16c73c05d159be1bf6d3119adb.png?v=1472734323&vv=1472737186
True Tactician
Run away from a battle.

http://quests.armorgames.com/website/1/media/icon/82f729a3a93321a70e6e143e9bd06534.png?v=1472734372&vv=1472737138
Pet Collector
Possess more than four pets.
Hardness: Hard

http://quests.armorgames.com/website/1/media/icon/a9dca0af7d0c278b86356c12b7f86996.png?v=1472734384&vv=1472737071
Dragon Slayer
Slay the dragon!
Hardness: Hard

• 90 Replies
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

This game is very challenging and is going to take at least a week to finish. It is advised that you always save some spirit to make things a little easier, unless you're a purist who wants to grind.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@Gantic @MrDayCee So far nobody has earned "Seasoned Fighter". Concerned there may be an issue there, just a heads-up.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Wait, what? These quest require a lot of Blessings. Is there a way to grind for Blessings that I'm not aware of or do we have to pay?

Edit: Ugh. Might have to go grinding and find out. Or start a new game. :\ Really not a fun game to play twice.

Edit 2: Not sure these quests are worth earning for me. You can only have one save running. Two quests require a minimum of 3500 Blessings. I've already reached Weapon Master level and spent a lot of Blessings on my original run to upgrade inventory space and other things. That's over 7000 Blessings. If you save Blessings to get the quests, you're going to have a really bad time playing this game with limited inventory space, and sinking 3k Blessings into two pets when you can only bring one into battle.

There is more Blessings to earn in the later levels, but I don't know if it's enough. I might have to wipe my current game anyway, but I'll also have to beat the very hard ones where I'm at now and I don't want to slog through this thing again. :\

randomblah
randomblah
246 posts
King

Hm... I played around a bit when this game first came out, but never really liked it, particularly because of the way it kept trying to make you use blessings.

I never knew about the cube before this, and it looks handy.

Seasoned fighter isn't working. I never entered the arena before the quests came out, and now I'm at 21 wins and no quest.

For those further along, where is the dragon for the last quest? My cursory searches on the wiki seem to indicate that there's a lot of dragons.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

The dragon is a Weapon Master level boss. There are six of them, one for each element.

randomblah
randomblah
246 posts
King

So, will you get it for the last one? Or the first one?

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

I'm on my way to figuring that out. There's no narrative, so I don't know if it's the same dragon boss. I hope someone who already has the quest can drop in and tell us.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Sorry... I'm only starting to play it again since my first contact with it and I'm down to achieving my third Quest so far. Got the "A Step To Glory", "Mix and Match" and "Go Straight" ones so far...

@Gantic I think you need to find weapons and armor that have +xx amount of Spirits as a special element added to them. I don't know how this will aide you in the grind for them exactly, but I think it is related, if not connected to it!

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

@MrDayCee: I meant Blessings, not Spirit. That's premium currency that can be earned at a rate of 500/zone plus bonuses on the map. I think there's enough zones left for me to get it, but it won't be fun, because these areas are very hard and I will need to grind because I can't spend Blessings or I won't have enough to complete the quests without wiping my characters and starting over again or dropping cash.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

I can confirm that "Seasoned Fighter" does not unlock at 20 wins in the Arena.

Edit: Oh, wait. It's been removed for now. Of course it doesn't work.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

@Leesie: I haven't gotten to the dragon yet and I don't have any of the special pets. I'm about halfway there and grinding for equipment to get the rest of the way. This thread recommends Humpy, which doesn't require blessings.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Haha. I'm an idiot. No wonder I couldn't get through! There's an easier way around the part where I got stuck on the way to the first Dragon. Dragon was really easy with potions. It's 1000 Blessings for beating the dragon, so these quests probably won't be as hard as I thought, but it's still a lot of grinding.

@randomblah: I just beat the first dragon. It's six different dragons of different elements. You only need to defeat one of them for the quest.

@Leesie: You really don't need any special pets. Humpy worked fine, even though the dragon parries. The dragons are pretty slow so attack speed of the pet should not matter as much.

This is speculation, but Abbieu (Lightning) and Winter (Ice) are probably the best to fight the Red Dragon (Fire), which I just beat with only regular Humpy. They're both slow like Humpy, so they're probably the strongest, and they have one special magic attack which won't be parried. Abbieu can also be used against the White Dragon (Light) and Winter against the Black Dragon (Dark).

- I don't know if there's any strength difference in the costumed versions of the normal pets.
- Miho is likely to get parried with its two melee attacks and it's probably weak since it's fast.
- Pancho won't get parried with two ranged attacks but I think it's weaker than Abbieu and Winter.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

@Ferret: I don't know if the quest was changed or if the wording is wrong, but I unlocked "Pet Collector" at four pets, not more than four.

Edit: It seems the minimum total blessings that the quest then requires is probably 3600 Blessings. 1500 for 1 premium pet. ~2100 for max enhancement on a normal item (I believe the formula is n+2n+3n...6n, n = 100 for common item), but I have yet to earn this Quest to confirm the math. If it was 2 pets, it would be 5100, which is really high.

randomblah
randomblah
246 posts
King

Some questions and observations below.

1. Anyone have thoughts on what the best pet(or maybe two, depending on how the quest is) to buy? For reference, I'm slogging through The False Shepard right now(with sizable difficulty, but not totally stuck).
2. The game advertises the reskinned original pets as better versions of themselves(click on blessings and the $5.00 offer. I suppose the "safe" option is to buy humpy upgraded if that's what the plan is against dragons.
3. The cost of upgrading items is dependent on level only. A L 43 uncommon zweihander costs 92 to upgrade to L1, a L 40 rare hammer costs 88, and a L33 shield costs 76. Presumably, the scaling works the same way. If I recall, a L 1 item costs around 20-30 blessings at base, so in theory, you can make it a bit cheaper, though your final item is worthless.
4. Can you pick any of the 6 dragon dungeons to challenge? If so, anyone have thoughts on which is easiest?

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Here are my thoughts so far after beating two dragons:

1. It really doesn't matter what pet you take to fight the Dragons, because most of your damage is on your Mage, ~21k - 23k damage per hit and your warrior will tank do the tanking with a 2H, but if you're going to take a pet, take Humpy or an elementally appropriate pet.

4. You can pick any one of the six dragons. When you reach Weapon Master (lvl 51) you unlock 8 areas and you need to scroll up to get to the dragons. I've only completed the Red and White Dragons. However, if you just want to fight the one dragon for the quest, do not choose the Blue one. The Blue Dungeon monster groups are extremely annoying compared to the other dungeons. But it seems like the Dungeons get harder as you go down the list, even though they're all the same level.

The dragon dungeons, so far, are symmetrical, so you only need to finish between 50-75% of the dungeon to reach the dragon (Edit: Green Dungeon is symmetrical, but somewhat linear.), but bee-lining to the boss will leave you short on crucial elemental equipment that helps immensely against the Dragon.

Red Dragon was rather easy with full fire equipment, but there's also one part with a longish hallway in the dungeon where you might get stuck and need to be well-prepared. It forks and both ways eventually go to the same place, one through a hard tile and the other a long way around but it's still pretty challenging either way,

The White Dungeon can be completed faster than Red because the hallways are shorter. The White Dragon seemed a bit harder, but that might be because I was short on elemental equipment from unknowingly bee-lining to the boss. However, the monster groups and the Hard tiles are harder than in the Red Dungeon.

I'm eventually going to finish the other dragons and leave my thoughts on which one is easier.

Showing 1-15 of 90