ForumsGamesThe Weapon Masters - Bosses/Tactics Discussion

43 18378
Cryostrata
Cryostrata
23 posts
Scribe

So, I'm sure quite a few of you have worked out the how-to's and what-to-do's of the various bosses and tough enemies in the game, and more often than not one or two of them will have had you headsmashing the wall in rage.

So how about we all share and discuss our strategies for those bosses giving us headaches and how to beat them?

Soz' I'm going to start by sharing what I've learned from the various zone end bosses so far. Note that the information in this guide was acquired without using a single Blessing, so I have no elemental pets to make my life easier.

EDIT: Updated to contain all 3 sections of elemental dungeons, seeing as my gear isn't up-to-par to take on The Final Sentence, the challenge dungeons may take some time.

Note that this guide can only provide suggested tactics which I've tested that work, it cannot account for the Random Number God being an big jerk, which he usually is to me. (Get hit with nothing but crits in 1 boss battle and you'll get my point.)

If all else fails, get better equipment, try going for Pain and Fox gear, for shields I suggest something with Constitution on it, Leopard is a good prefix for this.

---

SINGLE ELEMENT DUNGEONS

ZONE 1 - Vampire + Vampire Mistress

Hero Equipment: Rogue Armor + Bow

Heroine Equipment: Light Armor + Shield + Wand

Strategy: Target and kill the Mistress first once she's dead then double-team the Vampire, shouldn't be too hard unless he crits all the time.

---

ZONE 2 - Troll Shaman + Gremlin Hexer + Ice Witch

Hero Equipment: Rogue Armor + Wand + 1H Weapon (Fairy Razor)

Heroine Equipment: Mage Armor + Staff/Wand + Orb

Strategy: Kill the shaman and the hexer quickly, then destroy the witch. If using the staff your hero may die but hopefully it will buy enough time for your heroine to kill the witch in turn. The wand/orb combo is slower and may get your heroine killed instead, but the rogue may live long enough to kill the witch. If you have a pet, bring Brownie or Humpy to help kill the minions faster.

---

ZONE 3 - Juggernaut + Hatchling + Hatchling

Hero Equipment: Heavy Armor + Shield + Wand

Heroine Equipment: Mage Armor + Staff

Pet: Humpy

Strategy: Set your hero to block projectiles and kill Juggernaut as soon as possible, then mow down the hatchlings. Pray that your Heroine crits on Juggernaut because that was the only way I managed to keep my hero alive long enough to shield the heroine from dying to one last shot.

---

ZONE 4 - Demon + Arch Demon + Devil

Heroine Equipment: Mage Armor + Staff/Wand + Orb

Pet: Lucy or Humpy

Strategy: After Juggernaut these 3 are weaklings, just use your hero as a meatshield and kill them all, or if you want to play it safe give your heroine a wand and orb and mow them down first to last anyway.

---

ZONE 6 - False Oracle + Fallen Throne

Strategy: Quickly kill off the oracle, then focus on the Throne, he's not so difficult when compared to all the assassins that's been buggering around his dungeon.

---

DOUBLE ELEMENT DUNGEONS

ZONE 7 - Goblin Archer + Troll Lord + Goblin Shaman

Heroine Equipment: Mage Armor + Orb + Wand

Element: Poison

Strategy: Set your heroine to intercept magic and hero to intercept projectiles, then attack from the front. This fight is easier compared to the other big boss in the dungeon. If Lucy is used then the Shaman should be dead or softened up by the time you're done with the Troll, using Humpy means destroying each line as quickly as possible before the Shaman kill your heroine.

---

ZONE 8 - Demon King + Phoenix

Pet: Lucy

Element: Ice

Strategy: Set your heroine to intercept magic and have both target the Phoenix otherwise prepare to die quickly. The Demon King isn't too hard to kill provided he hasn't been throwing criticals when you were killing the Phoenix.

---

ZONE 9 - Dragonkin Lord + Fallen Seraphim

Element: Lightning

Strategy: Same as before, tank the frontline attacks and kill the mage first, this fight is much less forgiving as a few criticals can change victory to defeat.

---

ZONE 10 - Skeleton King + Snow Queen

Element: Fire

Strategy: Compared to the last two fights this one is much easier, I took about 5 or so criticals from both bosses and both heroes still survived. Again, mage then tank. As the Snow Queen intercepts magic, you can set your attacks to Front this time for some additional speed.

---

ZONE 11 - Cyclops + Fallen Cherubim

Element: Darkness

Strategy: This one's a bit different from the boss-fights you've been having, your priority is to kill the Cyclops first, the Cherubim at the back is a back-scratcher. The Cyclops hits very hard so if it crits twice kiss your hero goodbye and call it a game over.

---

ZONE 12 - Vampire Lord + Succubus Queen

Element: Light

Strategy: Back to the normal boss strategy, kill the Succubus Queen first, then the Vampire Lord. If you have my luck expect the vampire to be throwing a few crits your way.

---

TRIPLE-ELEMENT DUNGEONS

ZONE 13-18 - Dragon

Hero Equipment: Heavy Armor + 2H Weapon

Strategy: Set your hero to melee intercept, chug those elixirs and potions, and get killing. Dragons are slow, but hit very hard.

It should be noted after they lose around 25-30% of their HP they will switch to a more powerful attack. You can tell they're serious when they start to glow yellow before each attack.

So long as they do not crit twice with their heavy attack (Or you crit more than they do.), you should be able to kill the dragon an inch or so before it kills you.

---

I can't really put the recommended elements on the dragon dungeons as I did the double-element dungeons because the setup is always two of the elements will have a same weakness, which is the element of the third type, which has elemental weaknesses covered by the other two.

Otherwise, my elemental suggestions for the dragon dungeons. Capitalized and bold ones are elements which you can use safely with no resistant enemies.

---

SUGGESTED ELEMENTAL COUNTERS for TRIPLE-ELEMENT DUNGEONS

ZONE 13 - La Descente - POISON + Lightning/Ice

ZONE 14 - The Shining - LIGHTNING + ICE

ZONE 15 - Anima Persa - LIGHTNING + Fire/Light

ZONE 16 - A Mazing Darkness - LIGHT + FIRE

ZONE 17 - The Sweet Calamity - POISON + DARK + FIRE

ZONE 18 - Errand of Mercy - LIGHT + Poison/Darkness

---

In situations where you cannot counter an element without a resistant element, check the element of the first enemy you are going to target, in boss-battles if using magic this will be the one with magic intercept, set it to an element that counters theirs and your next target, the less targets there are to do damage the more time you will have to kill them with less damage to you, even damage-resistant enemies will die if they take enough damage.

Otherwise, against enemies with an element that matches the first enemy but doesn't clash with the other two, elements without counters or resistances can still hit fairly hard.

---

CHALLENGE DUNGEONS

ZONE 19 - Bad Kiki

Pet: Any Pet but Magic types are recommended.

Strategy: We all knew that fuzzball was going to become an enemy one day. First thing's first, unless you have very high Parry, do not even try to engage Kiki in melee combat. Kiki hits hard, fast, has a high chance of parrying, and no weaknesses, nor any advantages. Your best defense here is to use Magic and kill Kiki faster than he/she/it can pound you to death.

• 43 Replies
awes0mo
awes0mo
1 posts
Nomad

Well this is awesome!

Grandshaka
Grandshaka
2 posts
Nomad

ZONE 3 - Juggernaut + Hatchling + Hatchling

I'm pretty sure you can kill hatchlings with the ranged heroin, also juggernaut is weak against pierce. Let the hero help with back tactic.

Cryostrata
Cryostrata
23 posts
Scribe

Juggernaut is weak to Crush, not Pierce, arrows do squat against him.

And I know because I tried that, I killed all the hatchlings first, but then Juggernaut kills the hero after finishing up with the heroine.

For there I worked out from that that Juggernaut should be removed first because you won't be able to last long against his pounding.

I also tried the Mace and Polearm tactic, I died twice for that. Turns out when they say Juggernaut has 'heavy armor', it really is heavy, hence magic, it isn't affected by armor.

It is possible to beat him without scoring a critical hit though, but getting one on him does make it a fairly decisive blow. And in contrast he's likely going to score a few criticals first before he goes down.

Cryostrata
Cryostrata
23 posts
Scribe

Well, I just reached WM level, it's... kind of depressing really since you're stuck at level 51. But I may as well get on with the second set of dungeons.

---

DOUBLE ELEMENT DUNGEONS

ZONE 7 - Goblin Archer + Troll Lord + Goblin Shaman

Element: Poison

Strategy: Set your heroine to intercept magic and hero to intercept projectiles, then attack from the front. This fight is easier compared to the other big boss in the dungeon. If Lucy is used then the Shaman should be dead or softened up by the time you're done with the Troll, using Humpy means destroying each line as quickly as possible before the Shaman kill your heroine.

---

ZONE 8 - Demon King + Phoenix

Element: Ice

Strategy: Set your heroine to intercept magic and have both target the Phoenix otherwise prepare to die quickly. The Demon King isn't too hard to kill provided he hasn't been throwing criticals when you were killing the Phoenix.

---

ZONE 9 - Dragonkin Lord + Fallen Seraphim

Element: Lightning

Strategy: Same as before, tank the frontline attacks and kill the mage first, this fight is much less forgiving as a few criticals can change victory to defeat.

---

ZONE 10 - Skeleton King + Snow Queen

Element: Fire

Strategy: Compared to the last two fights this one is much easier, I took about 5 or so criticals from both bosses and both heroes still survived. Again, mage then tank.

---

ZONE 11 - Cyclops + Fallen Cherubim

Element: Darkness

Strategy: This one's a bit different from the boss-fights you've been having, your priority is to kill the Cyclops first, the Cherubim at the back is a back-scratcher. The Cyclops hits very hard so if it crits twice kiss your hero goodbye and call it a game over.

---

ZONE 12 - Vampire Lord + Succubus Queen

Element: Light

Strategy: Back to the normal boss strategy, kill the Succubus Queen first, then the Vampire Lord. If you have my luck expect the vampire to be throwing a few crits your way.

---

ArmorMist
ArmorMist
9 posts
Farmer

Anyway you could simplify? It does seem a bit confusing for newbies (noobs) like me, but all in all, it's a good guide. Just don't know about stuff like "Rouge Armor" (Leather, I'm guessing) or "Fairy Blade" for Zone 2.

Cryostrata
Cryostrata
23 posts
Scribe

Ah, right that, my bad.

If you've been poking around the place, you'll have found a Epic Dagger called the Fairy Razor, at this point in the game daggers are still useful, so use it instead of a sword or an epee if you have one.

And yes, rogue's armor is leather armor, but I forgot the term at the time.

ArmorMist
ArmorMist
9 posts
Farmer

Ah... Now it makes more sense...
So I'm guessing the Fairy Razor, A.K.A a Legendary Dagger, is a weapon found by Exploration, cause that is really the only way to get it, am I right? If I am, then awesome!

Cryostrata
Cryostrata
23 posts
Scribe

No, I meant that dagger you can find in Attack of the Shivers, Epic grade, has enough power to be of use till you fight Juggernaut.

Try checking one of the minibosses in the area, one of them has the dagger on the spot behind it.

kenttnek2308
kenttnek2308
1 posts
Nomad

nice guide,,,,,, tks

marcniel
marcniel
1 posts
Jester

Wew.. I was just going lucky with my characters.. I was just only sticking with rouge armor for my hero with dual weaps and warrior armor for my heroine with 1h weap the whole game.. and stack boost stats for critical and counter...

ArmorMist
ArmorMist
9 posts
Farmer

Well, then I guess Asteria (godlike thing of Castaway 2) has chosen you to have fate stab your foes with you. But I guess she (Asteria) won't reside by you for too long -- sooner or later you'll have ta change your tactics!

ArmorMist
ArmorMist
9 posts
Farmer

Cryostrata, I scouted the entire dungeon map of Attack of Shivers and I can't seem to find it. I've fought all bosses (except last one) and I can't seem to find. Bug?

ArmorMist
ArmorMist
9 posts
Farmer

Wait... I was wrong. There was one extra boss I hadn't defeated, so I took it out (bit tough, but could manage perfectly) and got the Fairy Razor.

Cue in Achievement music!!!

Cryostrata
Cryostrata
23 posts
Scribe

@ marcniel,

I tried that and it works till you run into mages en masse, 4-5 mages at level 51 1-barrage kills me even in full rogue armor with orb all selected for Magic Defense and the last hit will go to your heroine.

And if you try it on Bad Kiki, well, if you're lucky you'll last all of 1 minute, otherwise say you have a run expectancy of 0.001 and a death expectancy of 30 seconds.

@ Armormist,

It's Astraea by the way.

Mach56gs
Mach56gs
2 posts
Shepherd

Good to mention that you conveniently get a crush weapon right before the Juggernaut fight, be sure to equip that on your frontliner. One crit and the juggernaut loses about half of his HP.

The real devil is in the baby dragons.

I think a wonderful guide to add would be the elements and their counters for each dungeon. If players can know what they're up against in the next dungeon they can spec/ accordingly and just enchant common gear instead of hanging onto old epics/rares that are under leveled.

Showing 1-15 of 43