ForumsWEPRIs suicide a option?

28 12870
thebeast782
thebeast782
63 posts
Nomad

So.... every day people make a decision that will change their family. They commit suicide . Now... I know I might seem a little bad or washed out for saying this but, about 1 year ago i made plans to hang myself. Due to bullying and a recent family loss. But if people become depressed due to this and do kill themselves, is it their fault?

Now, there is a group that say it was because of their loss of respect, family. Or even because they did not want to be on this planet any-more. But overall i think (Warning: if you don't like my opinion, please don't bash on me.) it's the person's fault, sure, they were led to this but. Overall it is in the hands of the main man himself. (and woman)

Now, in every person's life, they WILL have some sort of suicidal behaviour.
But having it can effect your emotions, family, friends and overall everything. But if you do have some thoughts. Please, don't commit suicide.

But now, that i have talked about this, i think i have came to a conclusion. If everything is lost to them.. then i guess it really is an option .

Leave your thoughts below and share your opinion on this.
Have a happy day and life.

• 28 Replies
Guest_Pegasus1234
Guest_Pegasus1234
1,276 posts
Farmer

In my opinion, if a person is feeling so much pain that they feel that they should end their life, and they wind up committing suicide, as depressing as it is, you should at least feel sympathetic for them, put yourself in their shoes, and then imagine people telling them that no matter how brutal things can be, and out of their control, they must keep going, and if they choose to end their lives then they possibly could live an eternity in suffering, that only makes things worse, please don't misinterpret this, but I think that suicide should be an option, I wouldn't recommend it, but it's not my life, it's their life, and they should have the freedom to choose what they want to do with it, although I strongly encourage people to support the person and mislead them from making a choice like this, and the person should understand that if they continue that things will get better for them, although suicidal people tend to believe that it's different for them and things won't get better, but since they are in control of their life, even if sometimes it may not seem like it, they can always make things ok.

In Summery: I don't believe that people should commit suicide based on depression, but I think that they should at least be given the choice to do what they want with their lives.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

and the person should understand that if they continue that things will get better for them, although suicidal people tend to believe that it's different for them and things won't get better,

People tend to say "It gets better" a lot, but it's often baseless and hollow, a platitude. That's why it's often dismissed.
Guest_Pegasus1234
Guest_Pegasus1234
1,276 posts
Farmer

People tend to say "It gets better" a lot, but it's often baseless and hollow, a platitude. That's why it's often dismissed.

Well, the person is almost surely at the worst part of their lives if they are considering seriously ending their lives, plus I've seen it from a lot of people's lives (including my own) and I've never heard from one person after a long period of time who has previously been suicidal that things haven't gotten better. Although there are probably some exceptions to this, I personally believe that life is full of ups and downs, and that everyone will have happy times

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

I've never heard from one person after a long period of time who has previously been suicidal that things haven't gotten better.

Well duh, if it got worse they would've done it. Thus, you wouldn't hear from them.
thesakew
thesakew
203 posts
Jester

Of course it's an option. Everything is an option. The question is whether it's good or not.

I agree. By the way the "Suicide" in my perspective are only happen in mind and mean killing my bad think/plan that can harm others. I just think, feel and do anything.
twillight2
twillight2
413 posts
Chancellor

I've never heard from one person ... things haven't gotten better. Although there are probably some exceptions to this, I personally believe that life is full of ups and downs,

You may believe anything you want, but this is just dumb.

Also, most people, like you according to your comment, are pitiful animals who take minor things pathetically seriously and overreact by instinct. "oh, my relative died", or "oh, I didn't get that promotion", or "they had only blue shirts in the butique not pink!"

Yes, suicide is an option, but l bet you never had serious problems, like not getting a job for years, facing freezing to death on the streets, never accepted by anyone you tried to love (and you were not picky).
Serious the problem is, when your things go so wrong people no longer even look at you with rightful pity, but you become invisible, because they tried, and each and every attempt of help failed, by not from their fault or yours.

But otherwise people are just dumb.

Guest_Pegasus1234
Guest_Pegasus1234
1,276 posts
Farmer

Also, most people, like you according to your comment, are pitiful animals who take minor things pathetically seriously and overreact by instinct. "oh, my relative died", or "oh, I didn't get that promotion", or "they had only blue shirts in the boutique not pink!"

First of all, if someone is wanting to committing suicide, then they must be having a serious problem, at least to them, although that is subjective to other people, you do know that at the very least that the person wanting to commit the act does see the situation as a severe problem that will cause a lot pain to them (emotionally or physically) and is willing to end their lives so they don't have to suffer the pain.

Yes, suicide is an option, but l bet you never had serious problems, like not getting a job for years, facing freezing to death on the streets, never accepted by anyone you tried to love (and you were not picky).
Serious the problem is, when your things go so wrong people no longer even look at you with rightful pity, but you become invisible, because they tried, and each and every attempt of help failed, by not from their fault or yours.

I won't mention what it was that caused me to almost commit suicide, because I'd prefer to keep that private, but I think that is it a serious problem, and one that many people sadly go through in their daily lives, although, like anything else, it is subjective and some people might not think the same of it. I'll admit that I am pretty lucky and that most people in my situation have it much worse.

Well duh, if it got worse they would've done it. Thus, you wouldn't hear from them.

You don't know that for sure, sadly I'm sure that some people would have done so, but others don't for various reasons, some of which are not in their control.

twillight2
twillight2
413 posts
Chancellor

"subjective" here means approving the act for the mentioned petty things. Not really wise. People must learn to think for themselves. Be more than an instinct-being. Because the majority of them don't feel pain. Just some misleading animal behavior goes an unintended way.
It is NOT a problem when you don't get a pony for your birthday. No matter how &quotainful" you "feel" it is. People's problems are laughable. Nonexistent. Not sever the slightest.

As long as you are physically capable of taking care of yourself, because either someone gives you shelter or you have your own, you have food on your table, and there is the slightest chance to find a mate, and you don't prevent life expanding - you have no sever problems. You only have luxury-issues.

WHDH
WHDH
168 posts
Shepherd

Suicide is no good. Because what hapens after...

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

"subjective" here means approving the act for the mentioned petty things. Not really wise. People must learn to think for themselves. Be more than an instinct-being. Because the majority of them don't feel pain. Just some misleading animal behavior goes an unintended way.
It is NOT a problem when you don't get a pony for your birthday. No matter how &quotainful" you "feel" it is. People's problems are laughable. Nonexistent. Not sever the slightest.

The thing is, an actual depression is not people being petty; a clinical depression is a mental disorder that can have various causes. No matter how low your view of humanity is, it does not justify degrading their pathology to a mere 'luxury issue'.

Suicide is no good. Because what hapens after...

I assume you argue from a religious point of view here. I would like to ask you the question: if there was no after-life, would you still be against suicide? Personally I'd say that suicide is not good because it is a completely unnecessary loss of a human life, since depressions are treatable. I see this as a stand-alone argument, independent of whether there are consequences to suicide or not.
WHDH
WHDH
168 posts
Shepherd

if there was no after-life, would you still be against suicide?

Yes. Because life is a tricky thing. It can change quickly, but when you do a suicide there is no turning back.

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

Personally I'd say that suicide is not good because it is a completely unnecessary loss of a human life, since depressions are treatable. I see this as a stand-alone argument, independent of whether there are consequences to suicide or not.

I would say that it's entirely neutral in the case of clinical depression. Like all chorodates, we are biologically designed to die. The "loss of a human life", therefore, is simply a matter of timing.
I would say that it is entirely good in the case of the terminally ill, the permanently disabled, and those who are in similar states of severe irreparable pain and/or hardship.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

I would say that it's entirely neutral in the case of clinical depression. Like all chorodates, we are biologically designed to die. The "loss of a human life", therefore, is simply a matter of timing.

I agree with that, but I was arguing from a social point of view.
Showing 16-28 of 28