ForumsNews and FeedbackA Suggestion: AG coins, and Profile CASTLE building!

32 16510
MikaCinc
MikaCinc
408 posts
Treasurer

I have an idea for next site update....
I think that it should be grate to add AG coins, which we will use to build castle or something else on our profiles...
1 easy quest = 1 coin
1 medium quest = 5 coins
1 hard quest = 15 coins
With this coins we can buy things to upgarde our castles or something else...
What do you think about that?
:'D

• 32 Replies
MikaCinc
MikaCinc
408 posts
Treasurer

@MattEmAngel I agree with you, It'd be more easier without coins and with quest currency...

Players who don't want castle on their profiles, they can disable them in ,,Profile edit" just like they disable comments! :'D

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

I find it a very good idea. Maybe the Castle can be displayed in your profile!

And some rare items could be available for a price, like already suggested.

Also, maybe the castle can grow not just with quests, but forum posts and comments as well (similar to the old AP system). That way, people who are active in the community but don't play flash games a lot can still build a castle.

However, as I'm no expert, I have to ask (I need a programmer with experience with sites like AG):

-Will it be difficult to implement and maintain in AG?

MikaCinc
MikaCinc
408 posts
Treasurer

@doombreed
If they put quests on the site, they can do the same with profile castle....

MikaCinc
MikaCinc
408 posts
Treasurer

It will be great, so users can compete who's castle is better, and they need qusts to build better castle, and they need to play games to earn quests... simple...
The way old AG point system is removed is because users do not needed to play games to earn points, this idea is defferent, we need to play games to build better castle....

So, same games can contain ways to earn items for the castle...

And one more suggestion is that when we complete one quest we can get reward (item) for the castle

What do you think?
sorry for my bad english

ChapZ
ChapZ
2,136 posts
Duke

Maybe the castle can be upgraded in three different ways. Like the principal tower is getting better with quests and the other towers with comments and forum posts.

MikaCinc
MikaCinc
408 posts
Treasurer

@chapz
Ok, but how can we make castle looks like we want?

I think it's the best that some completed quests can unlock items for the castle, that items we can put wherever we want on our castle...

For example: 1 game has 6 quests, 2 of them unlocks items for the castle...

ChapZ
ChapZ
2,136 posts
Duke

It's a good idea. But I think that the item unlocks for the castle if we complete all the easy quests and/or all the medium quests and/or all the hard quests. That way it's 3 items for almost each game with quests.

I don't want to make the castle looks like what we want. For example: The castle has 3 towers (1 for comments, 1 for quests and 1 for forum posts) that upgrade doing this 3 things. So, if you quest more than reply then your middle tower will be bigger (better) than the other two, that way it is possible to understand what each player do more in AG.

MikaCinc
MikaCinc
408 posts
Treasurer

@chapz
I agree with you about item earning...
But we have two defferent ideas for castles...
^Mine is that we can build castle like we want..
^And yours is that castle is upgrading itself with numebrs of quests\comments\forum posts etc....

ChapZ
ChapZ
2,136 posts
Duke

@mikacinikac I'm just saying my ideas so we can discuss pros and cons about them.

I'm not playing one side, I like your idea too. The customization would make every castle unique.

MikaCinc
MikaCinc
408 posts
Treasurer

We need more users to post ideas here...

ChapZ
ChapZ
2,136 posts
Duke

We need a moderator here to tell us if they can accomplish that.

Maybe @MrDayCee has the answers for us.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,746 posts
King

Did someone call my name?!

Let's see... well, I like the idea allright, but this is something that needs to be implemented into the website, which means it is something more difficult to do, with proper coding and all that.

Seeing as the Staff already has a lot to do at the moment, I don't see this happening anytime soon to be honest. It might be an idea for the future, but I think it will stay an idea... for now...

MikaCinc
MikaCinc
408 posts
Treasurer

So one and a half year later, what do you think about this?
Coins for castle = STARS which you are implementing now, i see
:'D

@MrDayCee

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,746 posts
King

Let's poke the allmighty friendly furry @ferret?

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

We're not against the idea of growing the star system, it's just been slow going. Next stop is rank names.

Showing 16-30 of 32