ForumsSupport Forum[Fixed] --> CSRF ERROR when posting? Check here first.

45 12354
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Recent security updates to our site have caused a small group of users to get "CSRF Errors" when posting on the forums. You'll notice often that one browser will do it, while others won't. The problem has to do with old cookies that aren't compatible with our new security settings, thus clearing your cookies will fix the issue, or likely posting from a "Privacy" or "Incognito" mode.

__________________________________________________________________________________

IMPORTANT
Create a BACKUP of your local SAVE game files FIRST to ensure they are not lost during the process of fixing this, as they are all deleted with the clearing of the cookies as well!!

__________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry for the trouble!

• 45 Replies
kodiakmax
kodiakmax
1 posts
Nomad

It has been happening to me since Feb 3.

freebyte
freebyte
1 posts
Nomad

At least under Linux the solution was to update to the latest libflashplayer.so throwing the unsecure, previous version away.

bobbyjoe143
bobbyjoe143
1 posts
Peasant

I have been having this problem since last night (I am in the U.K.). It is only a problem on google chrome and firefox, I have managed to log in using explorer (who would've though that explorer is better lol).
I have been trying to log in to the website so that I can access the forums (as in make this reply) as well as the games I play to no avail on chrome and firefox. I have attempted to do what the OP says about removing cookies, and this has not helped me at all.
I do hope a solution to the problem is found soon, as currently I am sharing a pc with my partner (mine is all packed away) and I can't just leave my account logged in all the time as he also plays on armor games.

gothmag
gothmag
3 posts
Peasant

Oops!

CSRF check failed. Your form session may have expired, or you may not have cookies enabled. Please try your request by clicking the button below. If this problem persists please contact us.

Same issue as above....2 computers, 2 diff locations. Firefox and IE both having problems. Issue seems to be more with DOTD than anything else. Totally clearing all my history works sometimes....not working now. ALL cookies, browser history etc cleared.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Same issue here. Every time I come to AG I'm logged out of my account so I have to re-enter my password then I get this annoying message so I have to re-load to enter again. Then Discrap tells me I'm not logged in so I can't get my messages.

gothmag
gothmag
3 posts
Peasant

....is this still being looked at? I can't tell from OP. The problem is not on our end, I would be willing to bet. I have looked at all my setting, and my laptop isn't old enough to have "old cookies". Too many issues point to this being on the AG side. Can we get an update? I really don't want to use Kong. :/

newfl33t
newfl33t
2 posts
Peasant

still happening for me

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

I had the issue that I was unlogged, every time I tried to log in I had the CSRF error message. Now everything seems to work again for me, I can play games and get quests, and I stay logged in even when I close the browser and go on AG again.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

This issue should be lifted now, please try again.

olamedia
olamedia
13 posts
Nomad

looks ok, no csrf alerts shown this time, both login methods works.
please, do not close this thread for a day - to post if will have problems later

snjezana_hadzic
snjezana_hadzic
1,537 posts
Shepherd

Well i didn't do anything its fixed.
Even tho it looks like it wasn't related to cookies or something like that you fixed it.
And like Ola said don't lock it guys just to make sure

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@snjezana_hadzic Yeah, we're going to keep this open for a while. There is still log out issues with some users as well i realize, we're looking into those.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Yeah things do seem mostly fixed now.

olamedia
olamedia
13 posts
Nomad

no more problems with csrf, but still problems with login

1. it kicks out too often
2. fb login sometimes not opening