ForumsSupport Forum[Fixed] --> CSRF ERROR when posting? Check here first.

45 12360
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Recent security updates to our site have caused a small group of users to get "CSRF Errors" when posting on the forums. You'll notice often that one browser will do it, while others won't. The problem has to do with old cookies that aren't compatible with our new security settings, thus clearing your cookies will fix the issue, or likely posting from a "Privacy" or "Incognito" mode.

__________________________________________________________________________________

IMPORTANT
Create a BACKUP of your local SAVE game files FIRST to ensure they are not lost during the process of fixing this, as they are all deleted with the clearing of the cookies as well!!

__________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry for the trouble!

• 45 Replies
Heartofthecards
Heartofthecards
12 posts
Peasant

I'm having the same issue across multiple games. I've tried several different things AG has mentioned, they don't appear to be helping. I'll come back in a week or two and see if anythings been fixed. Not super happy about all this.

prezentewy111
prezentewy111
1 posts
Shepherd

Wow with one clever move most of my guild in game is not present anymore, great. And Dawn of the Dragons is deserted, nice. Great marketing move

olamedia
olamedia
13 posts
Nomad

So i have kicked out again, check the time between posts.
FB button was not working, in console:

http://armorgames.com/service/user-notifications Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error)

http://www.google.com/uds/?file=ads&v=3&ampackages=search&async=2 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)

snjezana_hadzic
snjezana_hadzic
1,537 posts
Shepherd

Well i just got logged out again. But i did clear hat cookie thing from history.
It works for now but do i have to do that every time i wanna come to AG??

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

So this seems Facebook related then? I'm trying hard to duplicate so we can fix. If anybody can, please post steps.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@olamedia @Heartofthecards @prezentewy111 @snjezana_hadzic We've just rolled out another fix, could you test now?

olamedia
olamedia
13 posts
Nomad

@Ferret I'll report next time i'll be kicked out since it's not so regular atm

FerryNice
FerryNice
15 posts
Peasant

I've noticed that adblock can be a problem when you want to log in, at least it's the case with me, simple solution would be disabling adblock while you log and enable when you are logged in (or find the active element responsible but I can't be bothered at this point)

Taran083
Taran083
13 posts
Farmer

@MrDayCee

In regards to locking my post:
http://armorgames.com/community/thread/12446686/redirected-weapon-masters-issue

This is unaffiliated with the new security updates. I had been having problems like that since I started playing the game at the beginning of the year, or before christmas. I had been working around it all throughout that time. Finally it happened on both of my browsers and I couldn't get around it. While I do understand your earnestness to consolidate what could be the same problem all around, I do not believe every problem centers around these new security features. Locking a thread in the midst of a troubleshoot puts me back at square 1... My next course of action would have been to contact the administrator site of the game. I was just trying to go through the chain of command...

Silk
Silk
2 posts
Scribe

Still can't log in Swords and Potions 2. Able to play King of Towers just fine. I don't log in through facebook. I cleared cache, logged out and back in No joy

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Please try another browser everybody, or look through past posts where I give lists of answers. Just clearing your cache won't always work.

olamedia
olamedia
13 posts
Nomad

@Ferret
For me, the issue seems fixed: no logouts or error alerts in past day.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Glad to hear it @olamedia!

snjezana_hadzic
snjezana_hadzic
1,537 posts
Shepherd

@Ferret I think you did it.. i didn't get kicked once or got any problems. It's back to usual.

Heartofthecards
Heartofthecards
12 posts
Peasant

@Ferret, Everything's working great now. No login problems, no game data loss. Thanks guys.

Showing 31-45 of 45