ForumsForum Games(Construction Project) Ultimate Medieval V2

91 24388
nivlac724
nivlac724
2,555 posts
Shepherd

I present to you my first long term four game! All of the other RPGs I have made up to this point you can consider those just a test! To see what types of fourm games I like and which ones I abandoned. Now with that research in mind I can create an RPG that will be fun for both me and my players. Now I want this too be a long term RPG. Thats means I will not abandon this RPG but I need players that are really interested and won't get bored of this RPG I know you don't know what its about yet but we are almost there in fact I will explain now!

This RPG is a sequel to one of my favorite RPGs! It will have many! And I mean many Classes it will be free roam and medieval. it will have a stat based battle system but absolutely no luck (At least for the most part). Anyway that raps up the description (If you want more just tell me what you want like storyline or char sheet) now we get into what I need you for!

Having so many classes has a down side I need an in-depth skill tree for all of them! I just need you to suggest skills for them and I will put it into a skill tree. To give you an idea of power and cost the weakest skill could cost 1 mana or energy and have a power of 3 while the strongest could cost 50 mana or energy and deal 50 damage. Format is like this:
[power, mana or energy cost , special effects (below)]

Damage over time effects:

Burn:
Corresponding element: Fire
High damage over time Includes armor
5 tiers

Drown:
Corresponding element: water
low-high damage over time gets stronger as it goes. Ignores armor.
5 tiers

Poison:
Corresponding element: Poison
Mid damage over time ignores armor
5 tiers

Cut: (Suggestions needed)
Corresponding element: Metal
5 tiers

Shock: (Belongs to 2 categories)
Corresponding element: Lightning
Very low damage over time also slows.
5 tiers

Slowing effects:

Shock: (Belongs to 2 categories)
Corresponding element: Lightning
Very low damage over time also slows.
5 tiers

Freeze:
Corresponding element: Ice
Slows (Better slowing than shock)
5 tiers

Other effects:

Heal:
Heals nothing much more to say
Corresponding element: Life and Light
5 tiers

Life drain:
Heals depending on how much damage is dealt
Corresponding element: Death
5 tiers

Fear:
Makes enemies unwilling to fight
Corresponding element: Shadows
5 tiers

Everything above this text you must specify how long the effect happens.

AoE: (T1 effects 2 targets, T2 effects 3, T3 effects 4, T4 effects 5, T5 effects all)
Corresponding element: None
5 tiers

Always open for more suggestions on effects! Please suggest what you think bleed and knockback should do!

• 91 Replies
danwar123
danwar123
3,075 posts
Jester

I want the story to be pretty much the same as ultimate medieval 1.

Id rather it be diffrent.

nivlac724
nivlac724
2,555 posts
Shepherd

Id rather it be different.

It is a bit different but I don't want to go so far as to add new classes. And what about the knives and shuriken?

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

It is a bit different but I don't want to go so far as to add new classes.

Is adding races too far? Well idk, it doesn't to me. Maybe adding some that doesn't really get involved would do.

As for the to do list... it looks like it's your reminder so.

Throwing knives? One should be able to stock up on normal knives and throw them. No need another weapon. Add throwing skill.
Edit: Replace "knives" with "daggers".

Shurikens... i think we should separate rogues from ninjas. Longswords, imo, are not very rogue.
Also, Longswords two handed.

-My 2 cents

danwar123
danwar123
3,075 posts
Jester

Longswords two handed

Incorrect.Not all longswords require 2 hands.The term for a purely 2-handed sword would be greatsword,or ******* sword.

Is adding races too far?

I (personally) vote for more races.
Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

Incorrect.Not all longswords require 2 hands.The term for a purely 2-handed sword would be greatsword,or ******* sword.

Yes but, i can't imagine the picture of dual wielded longswords. Maybe if they don't add agility?

I (personally) vote for more races.

I have to agree. Adding Light, Dark, and Dragon should be for it. Although imo the new races shouldn't intervene the story so much, as he wants it to be like UM v1

danwar123
danwar123
3,075 posts
Jester

Maybe if they don't add agility?

Perhaps,or maybe niv can do something else.

as he wants it to be like UM v1

Sequels sometimes don't link into eachothers stories exactly but are still fun.

If you want an example,Raze 3.

nivlac724
nivlac724
2,555 posts
Shepherd

Is adding races too far? Well idk, it doesn't to me. Maybe adding some that doesn't really get involved would do.

As for the to do list... it looks like it's your reminder so.

Throwing knives? One should be able to stock up on normal knives and throw them. No need another weapon. Add throwing skill.
Edit: Replace "knives" with "daggers".

Shurikens... i think we should separate rogues from ninjas. Longswords, imo, are not very rogue.
Also, Longswords two handed.

I do believe adding new playable races is too far but there are many, many races for enemies you can fight.

For a throw skill I like that idea would you say it would go in agility? Also would it use dex or strength? Also they're already called daggers.

And I am not adding shuriken for the same reason too ninja-y. I added longswords to rogue in order to have diversity with weapons but if you think just daggers and shortsword is good than I can remove longsword.

Incorrect. Not all longswords require 2 hands.The term for a purely 2-handed sword would be great sword,or ******* sword.

I (personally) vote for more races

Yah my broadsword is meant to be sort of a great sword.

More playable races? If so you can suggest some with an element and stat bonus and penalties,

Yes but, i can't imagine the picture of dual wielded longswords. Maybe if they don't add agility?

I have to agree. Adding Light, Dark, and Dragon should be for it. Although imo the new races shouldn't intervene the story so much, as he wants it to be like UM v1

Alright but I was thinking later you could upgrade your weapons to the next one for example iron --> steel steel --> dwarvensteel and than when you get too dwarvensteel or elvenwood or whatever you can upgrade like balancing or sharpening and balencing balancing would either make it so it adds an extra agility or takes away one less. And sharpening would make it add more strength. So how about to start it doesn't add agility but later you can make it add agility by getting the balancing upgrade.

I can't imagine dragon as a playable race. Definitely as an enemy race, but I want all playable races to be somewhat humanoid. What is a light and dark race?

nivlac724
nivlac724
2,555 posts
Shepherd

bump

danwar123
danwar123
3,075 posts
Jester

Alright but I was thinking later you could upgrade your weapons to the next one for example iron --> steel steel --> dwarvensteel and than when you get too dwarvensteel or elvenwood or whatever you can upgrade like balancing or sharpening and balencing balancing would either make it so it adds an extra agility or takes away one less. And sharpening would make it add more strength. So how about to start it doesn't add agility but later you can make it add agility by getting the balancing upgrade.

I hate to say this,but i SERIOUSLY disagree with the first part of this.Make MORE weapon materials,Not upgrade as you go.Purchase the next level up in a shop,then grab a legendary sword and yeah.Make it so that you start with like a bronze sword/bronze dagger/old staff/tattered book.Sure,maybe the sharpening/balencing maybe in like a blacksmith shop.

nivlac724
nivlac724
2,555 posts
Shepherd

I hate to say this,but i SERIOUSLY disagree with the first part of this.Make MORE weapon materials,Not upgrade as you go.Purchase the next level up in a shop,then grab a legendary sword and yeah.Make it so that you start with like a bronze sword/bronze dagger/old staff/tattered book.Sure,maybe the sharpening/balencing maybe in like a blacksmith shop.

Well to do this I would have to re-type a lot also some of the weakest things could only go like 1 level below.

danwar123
danwar123
3,075 posts
Jester

I would have to re-type a lot

Nope,you'd just have to remove the "weapons"astegories.

nivlac724
nivlac724
2,555 posts
Shepherd

Nope,you'd just have to remove the "weapons"astegories

No i'd have to add a ton more weapons not get rid of some.

danwar123
danwar123
3,075 posts
Jester

Don't add to any weapon lists,just remove them entirely.

nivlac724
nivlac724
2,555 posts
Shepherd

so no weapons?

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

In mobile so no quoting.

Agility, probably not. Should be in dex.
That one was my mistake.

If you want, you may want to make a ninja class with shurikens and longswords.

Sure, okay for the crafting thing.

As in my idea suggested(not directly with plot), light and dark would be humanlike magical beings that govern good and bad.

I have no idea on what danwar's on about...

Showing 46-60 of 91