ForumsForum Games(Construction Project) Ultimate Medieval V2

91 24389
nivlac724
nivlac724
2,555 posts
Shepherd

I present to you my first long term four game! All of the other RPGs I have made up to this point you can consider those just a test! To see what types of fourm games I like and which ones I abandoned. Now with that research in mind I can create an RPG that will be fun for both me and my players. Now I want this too be a long term RPG. Thats means I will not abandon this RPG but I need players that are really interested and won't get bored of this RPG I know you don't know what its about yet but we are almost there in fact I will explain now!

This RPG is a sequel to one of my favorite RPGs! It will have many! And I mean many Classes it will be free roam and medieval. it will have a stat based battle system but absolutely no luck (At least for the most part). Anyway that raps up the description (If you want more just tell me what you want like storyline or char sheet) now we get into what I need you for!

Having so many classes has a down side I need an in-depth skill tree for all of them! I just need you to suggest skills for them and I will put it into a skill tree. To give you an idea of power and cost the weakest skill could cost 1 mana or energy and have a power of 3 while the strongest could cost 50 mana or energy and deal 50 damage. Format is like this:
[power, mana or energy cost , special effects (below)]

Damage over time effects:

Burn:
Corresponding element: Fire
High damage over time Includes armor
5 tiers

Drown:
Corresponding element: water
low-high damage over time gets stronger as it goes. Ignores armor.
5 tiers

Poison:
Corresponding element: Poison
Mid damage over time ignores armor
5 tiers

Cut: (Suggestions needed)
Corresponding element: Metal
5 tiers

Shock: (Belongs to 2 categories)
Corresponding element: Lightning
Very low damage over time also slows.
5 tiers

Slowing effects:

Shock: (Belongs to 2 categories)
Corresponding element: Lightning
Very low damage over time also slows.
5 tiers

Freeze:
Corresponding element: Ice
Slows (Better slowing than shock)
5 tiers

Other effects:

Heal:
Heals nothing much more to say
Corresponding element: Life and Light
5 tiers

Life drain:
Heals depending on how much damage is dealt
Corresponding element: Death
5 tiers

Fear:
Makes enemies unwilling to fight
Corresponding element: Shadows
5 tiers

Everything above this text you must specify how long the effect happens.

AoE: (T1 effects 2 targets, T2 effects 3, T3 effects 4, T4 effects 5, T5 effects all)
Corresponding element: None
5 tiers

Always open for more suggestions on effects! Please suggest what you think bleed and knockback should do!

• 91 Replies
Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

I suggest you make most(aka classes and weapons) into a spreadsheet with google drive. Assuming you have a google account. The reason is because i basically skipped those parts...

-Weather

I think i should be able to help with this. What do you need?

-Status effects (Disarm)

I would say disarm should remove an equipped item that is disarmed. You could take it either during, or after battle. If said item is usable to the enemy, i would say they should be able to.

-Languages

I would say there should just be "Human", "Elf", "Orc" Languages etc. It feels unnessecary to me so you can drop this if you wish imo.

The character sheet's too long. I suggest removing "Class Category" and adding "Status Effects" to the one with current HP, Mana, Energy, stats etc. That'd help.

I am unsure if we sign up now. Do we?

nivlac724
nivlac724
2,555 posts
Shepherd

Alright an updated character sheet a bit shorter. At least it isn't my pirate RPG long.
Name:
Appearance and Personality:
Staus effects:
Class: (see below)
Race: (see below)
Inventory:
1 Silver 25 copper
2 Silver 50 copper to @danwar and @loop_stratos they were very helpful in the construction thread.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Health: 50/50
Energy: 50/50
Mana: 50/50
Chance to dodge: (Based on Stats)
Damage reduction: (Based on Stats)
Melee damage addition: (Based on Stats)
Ranged damage addition: (Based on Stats)
Magic damage addition: (Based on Stats)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stats: (Pool of 35 + class bonus (see below)
Vitality: (Every vitality add 5 to health)
Stamina: (Every stamina add 5 to energy)
Wisdom: (Every wisdom add 5 to mana)
Agility: (every agility add 2% to chance to dodge)
Constitution (every 2 constitution add 1 to damage reduction)
Strength: (every strength add 1 to Melee damage edition the damage you deal for melee attacks is your skills power plus your Melee damage edition)
Dexterity: (every dexterity add 1 to Ranged damage edition the damage you deal for ranged attacks is your skills power plus your Ranged damage edition)
Intelligence: (every Intelligence add 1 to Magic damage edition the damage you deal for magic attacks is your skills power plus your Magic damage edition)
Skills: (Pool of 5)
(Based on class)
Abilities: (Based on skills)

I don't have much plans with weather but I want to have some the increase the power of some types of damage and some to decrease them. They will also have other effects of course do you want to come up with some?

I already have plans for disarm you must choose to spend your turn picking your weapon back up, fight with your fist and use the punch skill (In the merchant skill tree) or summon a bone weapon if your necromancer.

Your right I'm dropping language.

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

This was what i was suggesting:

Health: 50/50
Energy: 50/50
Mana: 50/50
Status Effects:
Chance to dodge: (Based on Stats)
Damage reduction: (Based on Stats)
Melee damage addition: (Based on Stats)
Ranged damage addition: (Based on Stats)
Magic damage addition: (Based on Stats)

Not that one... unless i typed wrong.

I don't have much plans with weather but I want to have some the increase the power of some types of damage and some to decrease them. They will also have other effects of course do you want to come up with some?

Tell me what weathers are you in need of suggestions with. eg. rain, snow, etc

I already have plans for disarm you must choose to spend your turn picking your weapon back up, fight with your fist and use the punch skill (In the merchant skill tree) or summon a bone weapon if your necromancer.

Punch should be availible to anything without a weapon to equip. You can make punches damage be determined by strength.

So, what about the google drive suggestion?

nivlac724
nivlac724
2,555 posts
Shepherd

Ok I just put status effects towards the top. Fixed it where i'm writing the RPG.

Clear (which would be no effects), clouds, Rain, Thunderstorm, Windy, Sunny, Shadow (I weird occurrence that happens in the magic dimension where all astral figures are removed making everything pitch black except for a few feet around you. None can figure out why this occurs but practicians of dark arts and orcs seem to be uneffected by this.)

I have a google account but i'm not quite sure what you mean.

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

How to go to google drive:

Go to google
Press the 9x9 squares/grids in top right
Look for a triangle in green, yellow, and blue, with "Drive" below its' name.

From there, here's how you make a new sheet:

Press "NEW" on top-middle left
Choose "Google Sheet"

then add the stuff

Here's one example of the sheets i made for RPGs.

------------------

Clouds(Cloudy?)
Will cause rain in 3 turns. I mean, this shouldn't be a thing.

Rain
Increases Water damage, decreases fire damage. 5% to change into Thunderstorm each turn. May make Thunder-based attacks deal AoE damage. Ends in 2-5 turns.

Thunderstorm
Increases Water and Thunder damage, decreases fire damage. 3% chance to deal moderate damage to anyone. 5% to change into normal rain each turn. May make Thunder-based attacks deal AoE damage. Ends in 2-4 turns.

Windy
Increases Agility and movement speed and decreases agility and movement speed, depending on the directions.
(e.g If you're trying to move onto the wind, you're going slower, if you're moving away from the wind, you'd be faster)
(e.g.2 If the wind is facing north, you will be faster and have more agility if you're heading north. If you're heading south, you'll be slower and with less agility)

Sunny
Increases Light, Fire and Nature damage. Decreases Dark and Water damage. 2% to blind(read: stun) someone for a turn.

Shadow
Increases Dark damage. Decreases Light damage. Heavily decreased accuracy.

That's my thoughts and ideas on weathers.

nivlac724
nivlac724
2,555 posts
Shepherd

Alright i'l get rid of cloudy. i'l work on a spreadsheet.

nivlac724
nivlac724
2,555 posts
Shepherd

Spreadsheet

Its not done of course but what else do you think I should add?

nivlac724
nivlac724
2,555 posts
Shepherd

I have an idea what if in the game thread theres just a short description of each class and if people want the whole thing they a go to the info thread.

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

Can't access the spreadsheet.

Did you take the link from the url bar on top or do you do this:

-On the spreadsheet, press the blue "Share" on top right
-Press "Anyone with the link can view"
-Take the link from there

?

I have an idea what if in the game thread theres just a short description of each class and if people want the whole thing they a go to the info thread.

I'd go with spreadsheet.

Reasoning being:
-Tidier. I still haven't read the classes because it's a gigantic wall of text.
-Only two threads instead of three. It will be this thread and game thread. With info thread it will be three. There's also the chance this will fail. No offense...

nivlac724
nivlac724
2,555 posts
Shepherd

Spreadsheet

alright that should work.

Well I can't fit all the info about the classes and stuff in the spread sheet with weapons, skill trees and stats. I definitely can't do skill trees with a spreadsheet so I am going to have a lot of text too.

I'd still make an info thread for quests, status effects, a map, skill trees, etc.

nivlac724
nivlac724
2,555 posts
Shepherd

I'm actually having some ideas about how I could do all the information about classes in the spread sheet but what about other info like what I said above should I put it in the game thread or in an info thread?

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

Well I can't fit all the info about the classes and stuff in the spread sheet with weapons, skill trees and stats. I definitely can't do skill trees with a spreadsheet so I am going to have a lot of text too.

For weapons, you should remove "class weapons" and add "weapons" instead, with a "usable by ... classes". Make as many sheets(the ones on the bottom) as you need.

I can't see why you can't make skill trees. May or may not need a new spreadsheet.

Stats should be on the game thread. Stat explainations right?

I'm actually having some ideas about how I could do all the information about classes in the spread sheet but what about other info like what I said above should I put it in the game thread or in an info thread?

what

nivlac724
nivlac724
2,555 posts
Shepherd

I cloud make skill trees but not any neater than typing them out also it would delay the RPG another month or two.

for other stuff like quests, weather and biomes should I put it in the game thread or create an info thread

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

I am confused in your spreadsheet's "Class weapons" sheet. What does it do?

I cloud make skill trees but not any neater than typing them out also it would delay the RPG another month or two.

May not be any neater, but tidier. It's less of a pain to read.
You can make three sheets(Not to be confused with spreadsheets), one for each classes' skill trees, one for what each skill tree learns with each level, one for the actual skills' descriptions.

Waiting is better for me i suppose. But that's just my opinion.

Here's an info spreadsheet for TTH, but as it's a failure and i haven't shared it before may as well try and help. I don't think it will be much help though. Can be used as example.

for other stuff like quests, weather and biomes should I put it in the game thread or create an info thread

game thread

Do quests in the very first post, as the very first post of any topic is editable.

nivlac724
nivlac724
2,555 posts
Shepherd

Alright

do you mean the first post after the op? Its not editable I'm just going to include it all in the op because that is editable.

Showing 76-90 of 91