ForumsPopular MediaFormula One Season 2015.

36 19694
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Well here we are.
Mercedes is still way ahead of everyone else, Alonso left Ferrari for McLaren, Ferrari seems to be equal to Williams now and McLaren is last with Marussia who's not even running on this GP.

Poor Fernando got screwed once again.

Vettel is now with Ferrari, and Toro Rosso has two 12 yo drivers. xD
RedBull seems to be having reliability issues, otherwise I think we'll see a three team battle for 3rd place on the podium.

This should be a very interesting season if we forget about Mercedes being way ahead of the rest.

This year's calendar features 20 races so more fun for us.

• 36 Replies
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

BTW, the idiot who changed the F1.com site should be fired. Before the update, all the headlines were listed and easy to access. Now it's a big mess, with half pages in rows and columns, I hate it!

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Holy shift, Ferrari wins the GP of Malaysia!
I never thought I would be rooting for Vettel but I did.
He wins, followed by Hamilton, Rosberg and Raikkonen who was in 15th as some point but he came back to 4th place.

To add to the insult, both Toro Rosso cars passed both RedBull.
Poor Alonso didn't finish as well as Button so McLaren is not in good shape this year.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

What you said @SSTG! Forza Ferrari!!! I still don't like Sebas, but... MAN! He did an AWESOME job in steering the red stallion to the finish line in first place! And Kimi completed the celebrations with a stunning 4th place finnish (couldn't resist the pun!) after falling back so far behind mid-race! It's always great to see how incredibly happy those italians are whenever they win a race. Somehow they have something magical in their cheering that beats other teams...

And get a load of the flying dutchman!?!?! Max Verstappen finished in 7th place! Not only beating his team mate Sainz, but... also beating the two bigger brothers from Red Bull Racing!!! Whahaaaaa.... A.W.E.S.O.M.E.!!! I knew this was going to be a year where I would love to follow F-1 racing again, but I never expected he would already do this during the second race! Should we make a cautious prediction for 2016? Max Verstappen takes Kvyat's place in the Red Bull?!? Ho ho hooo yeah... why not?!

Let's hope all the races will be as exciting as this one and more! It's looking to become a great season already! Let's hope the McLarens come back and take on the Williams for their money's worth!

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Mercedes struggled with the heat while Ferrari did great so It's probably going to be different in China but Ferrari seems to be the best of the rest right now.

And Kimi completed the celebrations with a stunning 4th place finnish

Good one!

What was Alonso thinking?! I guess he didn't want to work with Vettel but Imagine what this duo could have done?

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Ugh... can't sleep...

I think his main reason for switching to McLaren was seeking a new challenge after the desastrous year Ferrari had, but the early rumours of Vettel coming probably pushed his thoughts on leaving even more.

But who knows? Maybe McLaren can start working on the future this year and come back in full force next year? A lot of teams from the top 3 have done this in the past. Only Red Bull and Mercedes joined them during the past decade or so. I'm sure Ferrari, Williams and McLaren will come on top again like they did so often in the past...

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

I knew this was going to be a year where I would love to follow F-1 racing again,

is it back on free cable? i used to like watching it but then it went payed only.. -.-'
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Qualification results:
Hamilton 1st, Rosberg 2nd and Vettel 3rd.

This season is starting to look like the late 90's when the William team dominated with Damon Hill usually finishing 1st, followed by David Coultard, and Michael Schumacher at Benetton getting closer and closer.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Today's race was BORING! and that's all I have to say.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Hamilton qualifies 1st, Vettel 2nd, Rosberg 3rd, and Raikkonen 4th, followed by Bottas. Massa, and Ricciardo.
Hopefully it'll be a tighter race tomorrow since Ferrari is only 4 tenth slower this week.

I must admit that the circuit looks great under the lights and the cars look amazing but if you looked at the stands during the qualifications, it was pretty much empty. Once again I question the thinking of the FIA.

Check the attendance in the GP week-end in Montreal, I promise that there will be more people during practice than there were in Bahrain during the qualifications.
The qualifs. will be packed with people so why keep going to these countries where only 2% of it's people can afford the price of a ticket?

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Wow, what an exciting start!
Vettel blocked Rosberg just enough so that Kimi could steal 3rd place for a bit then Rosberg took back the position.
Vettel pushed too hard and made a few mistakes that cost him to finish 5th behind Bottas.

Raikkonen had an awesome race and managed to finish 2nd, followed by Rosberg.
Hamilton won again.
Alonso did an amazing race, finishing 11th.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

I've been behind on watching F-1 for a while now due to work and other stuff that got in the way, so I'm putting the last 2 GP's into one post. I scrolled down the thread without looking through it (nothing seen yet!) and wrote the first part for the China GP after watching it, then watched the re-run of the Bahrein GP and also commented on that. So there may be some editing involved after I'm done typing and submitting it... LOL

China GP

Oh... my... god... that's just incredibly CRUEL!!! Max Verstappen shows his awesome talent by passing cars left and right, showing true skills while performing these overtakings with being able to keep his tires from locking up (where other -more experienced- drivers do actually flat-spot them!) in a middle field classed car, only... to have a massive engine blow-up/lock on the main straight 2 LAPS BEFORE THE FINISH?!?!?! (Oo)
I say fire the person in charge at Renault!!! This is just unbelievable... a manufacturer this experienced, with so many knowledge of the sport and with a huge budget, can't even build an engine that holds on for an entire race?! That's soooo dissapointing... (-.-)

Well, let's stick to the positive thoughts about this race then and awe at that raw (yet already proffessional and experienced performing) talent being showcased by Max Verstappen, who is alledgedly said to be claming a seat in a car from a championship-capable F-1 team within a matter of years! Let's focus on that then and continue with the next GP!!!

As for the rest of the field, Hamilton did a great flawless run (with the exception of a minor wake-up call by his team halfway thought. Heheh...), Vettel tried to keep up after Rosberg which succeeded, but barely anything more.

It's terrible to see how two major teams from the past, Red Bull and McLaren were fighting over positions 14 through 17 halfway through the race... something went terribly wrong during the past years as it seems... let's hope they can find the turn-around point and creep back to the top again!

Bahrein GP

The sparks! The sparks!!! Oh, how wonderful!!! Hahaaa... it was great to see them fly out underneath of the cars throughout the entire race! It made me remember the good old days of this awesome sport when the cars had this all the time! Especially on the Monaco track...

So, on with the race! And what an awesome start of this race it was! The thrilling head to head battles through the first few laps were an awesome sight to see!!

Quick note in between... I keep hating Rosberg and his childish immature behaviour on (and for that matter also off) the track. That guy has an ego too big for this sport if you ask me. He makes bold aggressive moves on other drivers that simply belong in the demolition derby, but not in this sport.

And then the dreaded moment arrived when first his team mate Sainz had a left wheel brake exploding on him (I think??) and then Verstappen having to retire the car not long after... shame... they really need to work on the stamina and long run for these cars if they want to make it.

And I have to take off my hat and bow deep for the IceMan! How he pressured Rosberg into making a mistake during the previous to last lap is simply amazing! He still has it... and TOTALLY deserved that second place podium! Let's see if he can make it a victory next time around...
If the race would have been another 5 laps, he might have even made it work this race as he approached Hamilton to a close finish! Great job by Lewis, who drove a clean and flawless race once more. He's looking to consolidate his title for real here...

And at the end... another Renault died before reaching the finish line!!! Wut?!?!? (oO)
Ricciardo was soooo lucky this happened when he was already rolling towards the finish line during the last lap, or he would have experienced a driver's worst nightmare: falling short of a few meters before the finish line...

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

@SSTG Looks like we both enjoyed the start of the Shanghai GP!!

I refused to read through the thread before watching the GP's. Spoilers...

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

And at the end... another Renault died before reaching the finish line!!! Wut?!?!? (oO)
Ricciardo was soooo lucky this happened when he was already rolling towards the finish line during the last lap, or he would have experienced a driver's worst nightmare: falling short of a few meters before the finish line...

He would have had to jump off the car and try to push it to the finish line like Nigel Mansell did many years ago before passing out from exhaustion.

Drivers were not that fit back then. Michael Schumacher pretty much started the idea of being super fit.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

@SSTG Looks like we both enjoyed the start of the Shanghai GP!!

Thank goodness for a great start, otherwise it would not have been that fun to watch.

I also agree with you on Rosberg's childish behavior. Not only does it make him look stupid, it also tell the other drivers that if they push him a little hard, he'll fail eventually.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I forgot to mention about the trophies, wow, did they look expensive or what?
I wouldn't be surprised if they were made out of silver and gold.

Showing 1-15 of 36