ForumsThe Tavern10 Years of Armor Games!

62 19917
realmton
realmton
241 posts
Jester

This year is the 10th anniversary of Armor Games!
A decade of games made for us gamers and a huge community. I really wonder how AG was 10 years ago...how it was looking? what games did it have? how many fans did it have?
All I want to say is Happy Birthday to this amazing gaming site and keep up the good work for Moderators,Knights,Developers,Gamers etc.
Stay awesome and stay the best!

• 62 Replies
UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

Stein's up... a toast for the first decade.

realmton
realmton
241 posts
Jester

I swear you people are too great.
I didn't really expect so many moderators,knights,administrators and really famous members of AG to respond to this post.
I guess we are all a huge kingdom that can't be destroyed!
Can't wait for October 13th!

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

If you guys decide to put the classic games on the front page, you have to make sure Sonny, The Last Stand and Free Rider 2 is there haha!

akshobhya
akshobhya
5,063 posts
Justiciar

The first time I drove down to the Armor office was in Feb 2009, and started doing freelance work shortly thereafter... @LRoot started about a month or so before that. Before then it was only John and Dan... with it being just Dan for the first few years.

If you want to see what the site looked like back in 2005, check out: http://web.archive.org/web/20051013070059/http://armorgames.com/ That's from Oct 13th, 2005... the earliest entry in the wayback machine.

And, of course, before Armor was Armor, it was Games of Gondor. So you can see what that looked like, going back to March 26th, 2004: http://web.archive.org/web/20040326033329/http://www.gamesofgondor.com/ . The last working shot was also on Oct 13th, 2005... so that was the date the domain switched.

History!

A few Developers created GoG? That is an excellent feat, way back in the day!

When I saw the old website, I was literally awestruck, comparing to what the Kingdom has grown to, now!

Hats off to all Admins, Mods, Knights and other Members, who have a priceless contribution to the growth of this site.

The Best Part is that the old website still works. We can play Games there (only games, no AG features). I played one game there. It was so exciting plying there! [The games over there load relatively fast!]

The GoG website also has a timeline above. Don't miss that! It has a lot of captures of old Memories

As said, "Old is Gold", the old website, I believe, was the starting point of an awesome website known to us as AG to come! And I completely agree with the Quote. I still am wondering how those developers worked, it was so difficult then to create a game and the amount of effort put into the old website, really amuses me.

Added to that, today is my First Anniversary, being a member of AG! I got introduced here when I played a few games an a website and those Games showed Armor Games in them and a few good games showed AG. So, I gave a visit to this site and now, here I am, pondering over the joy that AG has gifted to me.

I am not able to express my feelings completely, seeing this entire Thread! *Tears of Joy(really!) *

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

I am just an old fart that stumbles around AG from time to time but I guess I can share how I got here and everything. I first heard about ArmorGames in 2008. I did not have my own computer back then though so I did not think much about flash games. Around late 2009 to early 2010 I started getting into flash games and bounced around sites. I began mainly playing on AG in late 2010 and when Shellshock Live came out I loved it and was addicted to it. I kept losing as a guest because the other people could get weapons and stuff from leveling up so my friend, same friend that gave me the nickname shovel, said that I should just make an account so I did. I was not planning on ever making friends here or going to the community, just using the account for games. Curiosity killed the cat though and somehow I ended up in the forums. I lurked for awhile afraid to make my first post fearing to look silly. Finally I found a thread asking what merits were and I knew that little ol me could answer that and that and look smart and stuff. So I posted. I got a reply on my profile about my post, first comment on my profile. It was fantasy4life telling me that I had necro'd a thread. But I strove on, realized the community was not going to bite me every time I messed up and made some good friends. The rest as they say is history.

akshobhya
akshobhya
5,063 posts
Justiciar

A journey through AG is itself so Exciting!

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

Probably saw in highschool, sometime around 2004-2007...Joined in 2008 when I saw the ASC in the forums, in November sometime...earliest deviant art file was for the ASC.

Thing is I probably have been playing flash games for a decade lol...why do I feel old...I still remember days before youtube and facebook...mostly because I remember trying to upload videos on a personal website.

akshobhya
akshobhya
5,063 posts
Justiciar

why do I feel old.

@Hectichermit, you are not old. You are a Veteran!

kegaumongo
kegaumongo
2,155 posts
Grand Duchess

10 years? Wow, that's a lot. I didn't know AG's been here for such a long time. Anyway, a toast is mandatory to celebrate this first decade ^^

akshobhya
akshobhya
5,063 posts
Justiciar

It surely is worth a toast!

realmton
realmton
241 posts
Jester

Can I join the toast too?
Don't mind me I am just going to stay in a corner and watch.

akshobhya
akshobhya
5,063 posts
Justiciar

You can join in with the festivities, @realmton

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I am just an old fart that stumbles around AG...

If you're an old fart, what does that make me? A vestige?
Fortunately, I'm not the oldest user.
realmton
realmton
241 posts
Jester

Who is the oldest AG user?
I really want to know.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Wasn't there a guy who was like 70 years old that showed up or something?

Showing 16-30 of 62