ForumsWEPRCity of Gold

44 8160
Pegasus
Pegasus
106 posts
Nomad

Do you think that there could be such a place.

I think that there coud because there have been some evidence proving that there is a place.

• 44 Replies
Arax_Nisanu
Arax_Nisanu
1,305 posts
Nomad

^Wow, some people take chuck way to far.

Arax_Nisanu
Arax_Nisanu
1,305 posts
Nomad

^I know it was, but that's the third time hes used it in less than ten minutes ^_^

^Way off topic (srryz modz =D)

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

@arax_Nisanu, I think it was simply a joke.I make Chuck Norris jokes all the time.

Sunfire
Sunfire
74 posts
Nomad

In Indiana Jones 4 there is a supposed city of Gold but Indy is just a movie

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

yeah, things in fictional movies can't be taken seriously.Even sometimes when they are taken from real events.One example is the movie 300.It was based off a real battle, but some of the events that took place in the movie were completly fictional.

DivineDarkness
DivineDarkness
1,226 posts
Nomad

If it was hidden and it was a city with lots of people in it, it would be secret or hidden huh?

SuperzMcShort
SuperzMcShort
325 posts
Nomad

It doesn't exist. We already have the technology to check every place that anyone in this thread has mentioned and in most cases already have.

We can see, from space, the location of every ancient ruin through the canopy, so we know the location of every native american ruin in the jungle and therefore it can't be there.

There's no reason to build a hidden city underground, and even if they had done that we have technology to check for mineral deposits that would pick up on the big hole in the ground with a ton of gold in it.

And whoever said it was the ancient Aztec capitol of Tenochtitlan (which was the name if you were unaware). Well...I'm sure the 8.2 million people currently living at that site would be able to tell you that no, there isn't a city of gold all around them, just quite a few slums.

I highly doubt that there is, or ever was, an El Dorado, it's just one of the many tales that were spawned among the discovery and excitement of finding 'The New World.'

dragoncrusher
dragoncrusher
773 posts
Peasant

I believe that there is a place. Take for example Tenochtitlan, the Aztec Capital.

Njaard
Njaard
132 posts
Nomad

Over the years, this myth might've started in the 1800's or 1900's, over that period of time of explorers searching for it with planes boats shoes and climbing gear and tents and stuff

That's not right... there was a spanish guy that looked for it in the 15th century.
Although that fact is a big part of the Indy 4 plot I read about that guy in a book a long time before Indy 4...
funky1096
funky1096
49 posts
Nomad

i think it is a myth no [evedence needed].

Devoirity
Devoirity
62 posts
Nomad

Yes, The City Of Gold, or more accurately know.
The City Of El Dorado.

Which, literally means, The Gilded One.

The Incan's, Aztec's or whichever native tribes in the area were great smiths, and what you would call, alchemists.

Except it wasn't lead to gold, it more like, make an alloy of copper and gold, which is quite reddish, look like pure gold, through chemical means, which, I think was a solution that eroded the top layer of copper, but I can't be relied on for the chemical bit.

It has been scientifically proven, and also archaealogically.

So, there you have it, the city of gold, which was looted by Spaniards, only for them to find that the gold was infact very unpure.

SpartanWarrior3
SpartanWarrior3
175 posts
Nomad

There could be one. I also believe that there might be one....

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

http://img26.picoodle.com/img/img26/4/7/6/f_dfgdfghm_b1f2bb5.png

The modern city of gold! Hahaha

DivineDarkness
DivineDarkness
1,226 posts
Nomad

So, there you have it, the city of gold, which was looted by Spaniards, only for them to find that the gold was infact very unpure.

Where are you getting your info from, because if this is true, this myth would've ended along time ago.
Showing 31-44 of 44