ForumsForum GamesEvil's Totally brand new Card Game (Suggestions :D)

33 12521
evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

So, if you know me, or have been on AG for at least a year, you should know, that I am an avid forum gamer. The only thing I do more that make forum games is quit them. So, today were going to discuss a new Card game, by yours truly! And, if you really know me, then you'll know this is my 5th attempt at it! Wow! Anyhow, I came up with this decent idea while playing a completely different card game, and I want to try it out. The main reason my card games have been failing is simple: You cant turn-by-turn post what happens, its like watching someone text each other a chess game (Knight to d5) and takes much too long for ANYTHING to get done, first 20 pages were about 3 games. GG NO, RE. So! What did the soopa aweshum Evilsweetblock come up with THIS TIME to bring me lots of entertainment? Good question! The answer is: Nothing I'll tell you, yet. So, today we are here to speed along the process of making said Card game (You have NO IDEA how hard it is to make an FG log...) By letting our viewers/players/contenders/whatever help decide new cards! Cards I like will be added! Card suggester will receive a free copy! Person with the most accepted card suggestions will have their very own Unique card BASED off them! I know, I know, Much excitement, Such awe, So fantastic prize, wow. Anyway, let me explain how the formatting with go, So you can start digging out useful gems for my game!

The Format is simple, we have three basic stats: Attack, Control, and Health.
~Attack is how much damage a creature does, pretty self-explanatory.
~Control is how much it costs to add to your army, out of a pool of 100. (Some tourneys will do 200-300), the highest Control cost being 50.
~Health is its life, also pretty self-explanatory.

Above this, We have the name (I.E. Evilsweetblock the Tired Forumer) and its race (Evil Death Monster), then below it a picture. No, you cant see the picture, and no, there is no picture, its all in your imagination. Under that we have Rarity and Core, lets explain those:
Rarity - Ranked from lowest to high - Common(W), Uncommon(G), Special(B), Rare(Pu), Epic(Y), Legendary(O), Unique(P) the letters symbolize its color, White, Green, Blue, Purple, Yellow, Orange, Pink. Promotional (Promo) cards are basically the rare shiny versions of cards that cost more, like Foils from MTG or Golden Cards from Hearthstone.
Core - Core is the 'set' the card is from, it wont play any key factors UNLESS the game gets real popular and stuff. All Cores should be 'Alpha'

Rarity Chart: (Points are based on Attack and life total + Abilities - Control)
Common = 10-30 Points
Uncommon = 40-80 Points
Special = 50-100 Points, at least on ability
Rare = 90-150 Points
Epic = 120-200 Points, at least one ability
Legendary = 250+ Points
Unique can have any number of points to a max of 500, but there is only one copy of the card in each Core.

So, now that we have explained the Format, heres the format:
Name:
Race: (From a pool of Six; Human, Elf, Beast, Unholy, Orc, Elemental)
Rarity: Choose one, I'll change as needed
Core: Should be Alpha
Attack:
Control:
Health:
Abilities:

Real-quick Race help:

Humans - Basically anything Human; Moderate Attack, Low HP for Low-Moderate Control, includes lots of tank stuff, Can use traps/Machinery

Elf - Same as Humans, anything Elf-y; Moderate Attack and HP for Moderate Control, includes lots of ranged stuff, Can use traps

Beasts - The biggest category, anything Beast-y; This really ranged from anything, Rabbits to Dragons, so no specific stuff

Unholy - Demons, Zombies, Necromancers, stuff like that; High Attack, Low HP, Low-High Control

Orc - Orcs, Goblins, Trolls, Those kinds of guys fall under this category; Low Attack, Low HP, Extremely Low Control, Uses Dashing, attacking before anyone else.

Elemental - Elementals are the rarest class, usually extremely resilient and powerful; High Attack, Extremely high HP, Extremely high Control, allows use of Spells

• 33 Replies
Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

No. Did i look offended?

also i hope you have some low control units

evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

Loop_Stratos

All the different races have different control ratings, but the lowest mode is Orc and the highest mode is Elemental.

Also, I've decided to let you guys look at the Unique card. If you can guess who im referencing, you get a prize! Comment on my profile the answer

Name: Basch, Fallen Warrior
Race: Human
Rarity: Unique
Core: Alpha
Attack: 200
Control: 30
Health: 340
Abilities: Any Unit Deployed with Basch becomes 10/10/30 Soldiers

maxaznboy
maxaznboy
216 posts
Peasant

Hmm, seems like funny, though I probably won't be playing your CCFG (Collectible Card Forum Game), since I don't frequent AG's forum anymore, just sparsely.

Anyways, lets see here....

Name: Wireath the Necrotic
Race: Unholy
Rarity: Unique
Core: Alpha(?)
Attack: 60
Control: 20
Health: 30
Abilities: Decaying Touch -- Creatures attacked by Wireath the Necrotic gains a decay counter. [Decay Counter: -5 Atk, -10 Health] -- Or how every much you want it to be, I was just trying to make it not so OP

realmton
realmton
241 posts
Jester

Name:Melinn the Night Fang
Race:Beast
Rarity:Rare
Core:Alpha
Attack:50
Control:20
Health:70
Abilities:Any enemy which has lower health than him will be stunned.

Name:Mountain
Race:Elemental
Rarity:Epic
Attack:70
Health:80
Abilities: Deals damage to all enemies over time. (for 5 seconds and 2 damage per second)

Name:Galaxy
Race:Human
Rarity:Legendary
Attack:90
Control:40
Health:130
Abilities:Can slow down enemies reducing their control with 10 points. (if they have 10 control this ability is useless)

Name:Hellgor the Demon
Race:Unholy
Rarity:Uncommon
Attack:30
Health:50
Abilities:Can randomly dodge once any enemy attack.

Hope this helps Evil!

evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

Realmton
Control is not an actual stat, but how much it costs to play. For example, if I have a pool of 100 and I play 3 30 control guys, I only have a pool of 10 control left, lowering control HELPS the opponent. Plus, it has no use in the actual game, as once the game starts you can not deploy anymore units, the game starts.

Also, the riddle or whatever has been solved by Realmton, GG.

Shoeminor
Shoeminor
912 posts
Blacksmith

Name:Seminar field fighter
Rarity: Common
Control:10
Health:10
Abilities:

Name:Seminar tree fighter
Race: Elf
Abilities:

Name: Seminar stone fighter
Race: Beast
Abilities:

Name:Seminar abyss fighter
Abilities:

Name:Seminar mountain fighter
Race: Orc
Abilities:

Name:Seminar aether fighter
Race: Elemental
Abilities:

Name:Pentagram priest
Rarity: Rare
Attack:60
Control:45
Health:70
Abilities:

A common of each race plus a random rare,just for variety

Gogotank
Gogotank
3,165 posts
Lord

Wait, you're making an ACTUAL card game?! Anyway, I'll complete the card I made earlier.

Name: Deron, Nature Dragon
Rarity: Epic
Attack: 100
Control: 20
Health: 80
Abilities: Jungle Growth (Makes enemies have more chances to miss an attack)

Gogotank
Gogotank
3,165 posts
Lord

I'll make some more cards.

Name: Swordmaster
Rarity: Rare
Attack: 50
Control: 40
Health: 35
Abilities: Spinning Strike (Can hit multiple enemies for Attack+ 10)

Gogotank
Gogotank
3,165 posts
Lord

Here you go!

Name: Sniper
Race: Elf
Rarity: Uncommon
Attack: 30
Health:20
Abilities:

Name: Chicken
Attack: 5
Control:5
Abilities:

Name: Skeleton Warrior
Rarity: Uncommon
Attack: 40
Control: 15
Health: 10
Abilities:

Name: Goblin Berserker
Race: Orc
Rarity: Special
Attack: 30
Control: 10
Health: 25
Abilities: Axe Stomp (Deals 2x attack damage to one enemy.)

evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

Sorry about the slowness guys, but I want you all to know I am working on it and getting there, and looking over suggestions. I want to have a large enough number of cards to keep from having 3-4 repeats, but small enough to be realistic, so its kinda hard. Also, I AM looking over all your suggestions and rooting them out and seeing whats good, so dont worry about that. Thank you all for being patient and posting these great suggestions, but if you have any worry this will die, dont, im working on it.

evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

If you have anymore suggestions, feel free to post them. The game isn't dying, production is slow as I have to go to a large tournament this Saturday (100+ Peoples ) and right now im just studying the different decks im going to play and just learning rules and how to counter so and so, so not much time to work on this game, but I am.

evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

Alright, right now i've finished most to all the cards, But I need to come up with a name, story, etc, etc. Give me a day or two more and it should (finally!) Be up and running.

evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: We interrupt this quadruple post to bring you this news: I have decided I dont like the way the card game looks, so Im going to completely remake it. Yes, yes, I know, counter productivity, arghhhh, but sometimes you make something great, look at it from a different angle to discover its not great, and then decide to remake the whole **** thing. Well, sorry guys x.x

akshobhya
akshobhya
5,063 posts
Justiciar

Can we expect it soon, @evilsweetblock?

evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

akshobhya
Im trying to set up a forum for it, with the help of Sirlegendary, but its somewhat complicated. Seeing as how I'll have to remake the entire card game, as well as its playing style, it might take a while x.x

Showing 16-30 of 33