ForumsThe TavernThoughts on Windows 10?

7 4109
DeathPickaxe
DeathPickaxe
71 posts
Shepherd

Hey, so I got Windows 10 the other day. What do you guys think about the new look?

• 7 Replies
Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

Why was six afraid of seven?

This joke is now relevant.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

It looks more aesthetically pleasing than Windows 8, however my taskbar buttons seem to freeze a lot and require restarting. Besides that issue, it feels more responsive and I really like how clicking the start button doesn't take you away from your current screen anymore. I haven't had much time to dive into the technical or customization aspects of it yet though.

akshobhya
akshobhya
5,063 posts
Justiciar

I haven't got it yet. Guys, please give me some reviews.

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

My laptop runs on Windows XP and nothing is supported on here at all! Boy I wish I was employed so I could get a new laptop

But I googled Windows 10, and it looks nice if you're into multicolored squares.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

But I googled Windows 10, and it looks nice if you're into multicolored squares.

I thought that was Windows 8? *googles images of W10* Oh god, it seems they put W8's coloured squares menu and W7's desktop into a box, shook it, and called the result Windows 10...
I have never tried it, but I have been told that Windows 10 collects more information from you than previous versions. So before I try it, I will make sure to check about that.
Frank_Frooton
Frank_Frooton
4,002 posts
Bard

I had windows 7, so the update was...weird, kinda the same, but kinda not, and if you're afraid of your stuff being tracked, there were options to disable that, unfortunately they include disabling cortana, who only works with bing and microsoft edge(think it's just supposed to be fancy IE, havent really used it). Altogether, it's ok. Better than 8.1 I think, though i haven't used either of the 8s much.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I would wait at least a year before trying Windows 10. People will eventually find the hidden stuff that will still spy on what we do because terrorist organizations such as the MPAA and the RIAA probably bullied Microsoft into building back doors into the new OS.

Showing 1-7 of 7