ForumsForum GamesShrouds & Magic (RP)

153 38932
Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Dear Student,
Welcome to the Alder-Kast School of Magical Research, even in these trying times we appreciate the commitment you have made in coming here. It is thanks to youth such as yourself that we have a future ahead of us and know that we all appreciate the sacrifices you have most graciously accepted to become a student of this prestigious school. Our time will be a happy and tragic one as we discover ourselves and each other before submitting to the war effort that keeps our strong nation alive. I have high expectations for you and I have no doubt that you will surpass every challenge with the help of our expert and experienced staff. I eagerly await your arrival!

Regards,
Sebastian Pyrrane, Head Magister

Welcome to Shrouds & Magic, as this is a role-play the content will primarily be story driven and story points will be revealed and developed as we continue. There will be character interactions between players so I ask that you respect anything that the other user posts, and if there are disagreements I will settle them. Once we have a few people I will be posting the initial environment for everyone. I hope to have lots of fun and interesting adventures together!
=====================
Character Sheet:
Name-
Age-
Gender-
Race- (Elves, Humans, or similar. I may also allow others, just ask)
Bio: (A description of your character's past, or lack of, and their general personality type. It can be as long or as short as you like)
Appearance: (How your character looks, pictures are welcomed)

If you think I should add anything, let me know and I will consider it

• 153 Replies
Lowco1
Lowco1
1,035 posts
Nomad

I said," Yes its Shark." I grab a water bottle and I gulped it down.

red303
red303
7,571 posts
Shepherd

It's getting late, so I decide to stay at the inn. I enter and ask if they have any available rooms.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

I get up and start to follow Mr. Muscle, "I'm from a small trading town that doubled as a military defense area. I can safely assume your from the capitol?" I ask keeping my hands in my pockets.

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Eliakith: The man quickly takes it from your hand, his eyes reading the words in a mere second before he stopped whatever he was working on and took out a medallion of a unknown incandescent white metal and began etching the rune, with your language, with a golden tool. In moments in was done as he established the finishing touches, the clear work of a master rune-smith "May I see it?" he points to where you have your old rune, his voice firm but weak.

Silver: Kalissa giggles a little "At least someone did it." she begins organizing your things in piles to be packed as you state your question "It's wonderful, you get to see and learn things you never knew about the world and yourself." she smiles lightly "Something is always happening unlike here where it's always so..peaceful." she says in remembrance, it had been awhile since she was last home.

Lowco: The man shifts through his papers, writing a few things down here and there, his eyes still looking at the small stack as he asks "Have you developed any other abilities beside the physical ones?" he seems to be evaluating you. No one seems to really care about what's going on, the sun is shining and the waves are calmly crashing into the shore. A usual day in Verner Bay.

Red: As you walk by the shambling man, he seems to move towards you for a bit but nothing comes of it. You reach the inn without any problems, the inside is bustling with patrons and travelers alike, the bar completely occupied by a rough looking group of individuals. The innkeeper turns around to look at series of keys on hooks and takes one off, he turns back towards you with a smile. He is a heavier set man, balding but with good hygiene and a sense of friendliness around him "That'll be one Drad." his deep voice bellows. You notice several glares and stares coming from the bar area.
(Drad is silver coins, Resi is gold coins, and Tren is copper coins.)

JACK: Say'ri seems to intensely listen to your words, her two bodyguards following not to far away. They seem to be wary of you by the looks in their faces. She nods with a coy smile "You're smarter than you look." she laughs a little looking away "So any trouble happen in your town?" she asks curiously, slowing looking back over at you

(Sorry for the long wait guys, I should be able to post at least once a day now)

silver199
silver199
1,036 posts
Nomad

I smile and let her keep talking as i search for a bag for the luggage.

eliakith
eliakith
2,419 posts
Blacksmith

I nod and hand it to him as I watch him etch the rune, so as to see if I can pick up something on the skill.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

"Smart? Nah, I'm just me." I say with a smile. I look to her when she says trouble. "What like riots? Pillaging? Looting? Nothing like that at all really. I mean, I was never really approached by people either, you know, big curved horns really throw people." I say with a slight laugh. "What about you? I'm going to assume that your life as a princess has held some pretty interesting things, I'm sure you have some interesting stories to tell." I say looking over her myself, glancing back to the guards. "Are they always this... Stiff?"

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Silver: After organizing your things into piles, she takes a seat on your bed with crossed legs, her hands slightly behind her to hold her back up "There a huge city surrounding the school as well, you can get practically anything there but it gets..scary...after dark." she mentions. You find a few possible bags, one is a large duffle style bag, a large backpack, and finally a knapsack.
She gasps loudly, as if remaindering something "Hey, you can live with me once we get there." she excitedly says, practically bouncing on your bed.

Eliakith: Having watched the rune you noticed that he works from the inside out, keeping a fluid motion as he forms the base of the rune with its position perfectly center. The old man carefully examines your rune, as if perplexed by its craftsmenship "Crude but effective.." he finally mutters before giving it back along with your new, shiny rune "What is your name, young one? And where did you learn how to craft runes?" he asks strictly

JACK: She nods as you mention there was not much trouble in your village before giggling about your next words with a genuine smile on her face and manages to get her composure as she answers you "You're right again, however most of them aren't really exciting." she softly sighs before looking back along with you, not giving it away "They're just protective of me I guess..when we're not in public they are very friendly." She says in a somewhat sad tone before looking back towards you "It seems like we're here." she mentions as the group begins to slow to a stop in front of a massive complex and all enter in order. The wait making Say'ri excited once more "I can't wait to start, I can finally show everyone I'm not weak." she sort of says herself but loud enough you hear it

silver199
silver199
1,036 posts
Nomad

I raise my eyebrows in surprise as I pull out the duffle bag and ask "Opposite Gender students living together? is that even allowed? also, What do you mean by Scary?"

red303
red303
7,571 posts
Shepherd

I reach my hand into my coin bag and try to see if I have any extra Dred. If I have some, I attempt to move past the crowd to my room.

eliakith
eliakith
2,419 posts
Blacksmith

"I am Eliakith of Altea, and I learned how to craft runes in the country of Runeterra. However, I gained skill in it on my own through books and experimentation. Might I ask the your name, and also the material you made this rune out of?"

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Silver: Kalissa nods with a smile "Well I actually live off school's ground now but yeah, they are lenient with certain policies as long as it doesn't affect your work." she seems to hold her tongue for a moment "Well the city is not governed by the school, some dropouts have created small gangs...." she shrugs "It's really not a big deal." she then looks at the duffle-bag you grabbed "Alright, let's get you packed!" she smiles excitedly

Red: You find a few Dreds among a lot more Trens and the Innkeeper happily accepts it "Thank you miss, your room is number 7" he smiles as you walk towards the stairs, while none of the loud men bother you, a man covered by a black cloak bumps into you as you make your way up. He turns to look at you, a cloth mask covering the bottom half of his face but his silver eyes and bluish-grey skin along with a few strands of simiarly silver hair is all you can make out "Watch it." his raspy voice harsh speaking as he continues down into the tavern section of the inn.

Eliaktih: He nods as you explain your origin of knowledge "Interesting.." he mumbles as you ask your question, a small smile creasing his weathered face "Professor Devenar to you, and the material is called Lunite. It's mined in the mountains where this cities lies between. It has very..adaptable nature for magic." he explains "I chisel the inscription with a ancient tool that channels one's magic into whatever it is they are crafting, be it a staff, wand, sword, or a rune." he points to what you have

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

"Aren't exciting? I doubt that, didn't your parents tell you that us country folk are easy to impress." I say with a laugh, "But seriously, I'm sure anything you did was more interesting then what I ever did." I say, my classic grin stuck to my face. "I would hope so, seeing as we'll most likely be spending a lot of time together, anyways, I've never found a person I couldn't relax." I look over her physicality again, making a mental note of how strong she looks. "I hope we get a room with a good view." I say as I start craning my neck to see over the crowed.

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

JACK: Say'ri laughs right along with you, your small joke seeming to pick her back up, her sweet smile returning to her pink pillowy lips "Well when you put it that way..." she says a little louder than a whisper. She does not catch you looking at her, her view focused ahead as you near a table where a man and woman are sitting together with stacks of paper, it seems there are taking down names. Soon its your turn "Name please." the woman says coldly "Say'ri Zendiah." the woman's face lightens up a little "Lady Zendiah, my apologies for not recognizing you earlier. You have tower suite albatross." she states "Do you have a roomate?" she asks and Say'ri smiles "Yes this is him." she gestures over to you, the woman eyes widen a little as if just noticing you "Well can I have your name" she looks at you, curiosity present in her eyes as she switches her gaze from you to Say'ri

red303
red303
7,571 posts
Shepherd

I move over to my room, trying to stay out of trouble. Once I get there,(if I do) I decide to go to bed and rest for the journey tomorrow.

(Also, the innkeeper called me "miss", and my character is a guy. Just letting you know, not sure if this was intentional.)

Showing 46-60 of 153