ForumsWEPRswedish flag banned in school

19 13890
jim2170
jim2170
5 posts
Nomad

it is against the law in sweden to fly the flag at school as it may be offensive to ethnic minorities.
http://www.amren.com/news/2014/12/swedish-school-bans-the-swedish-flag/

• 19 Replies
roydotor2000
roydotor2000
340 posts
Nomad

Well, what can we say. Sweden=Tumblr. That's the truth.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

I'm not sure what Sweden is doing, but it surely isn't anything that won't cause some form of trouble for them within the next few years or so.

Cater to all and you end up catering to none.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

As someone who likes Sweden, I just want to calmly state HOW IS FLYING YOUR OWN FLAG ILLEGAL!?

*reads article*

Oh, it's only one Swedish school. You should have clarified this in the beginning, OP! About lost my cool there for a minute. Schools prohibit lots of silly things for inane, trivial reasons. You could wear a priest's uniform and brandish a toy gun around and several schools anywhere would associate that with violence and religious fanaticism, banning the wearing of a priest's uniform.

I remember this one time in school where a guy always liked to dress up as Naruto characters, including wearing the signature forehead protector. He fell down the stairs and broke his leg by running like they do, and the school administration chalked this up to banning any wearing of Naruto related items because of Gang Activity. Wrap your head around that nonsense.

As long as it's not the entire country doing this silly ban, I'm not too upset.

jim2170
jim2170
5 posts
Nomad

http://www.thelocal.se/20150727/asylum-seekers-in-swedish-county-get-free-bus-passes

swedish migrants get free bus pases

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

http://www.thelocal.se/20150727/asylum-seekers-in-swedish-county-get-free-bus-passes

swedish migrants get free bus pases

Because Sweden has deduced that asylum seekers are due a little kindness?

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

the teachers of my school tried to ban sitting on the floor because it would look bad if a parent was coming to school for some reason... we went to the head of the school and he knew about nothing. next day all signs of not sitting on the floor were removed and the teachers left us alone again. (except a few who mad angry looks xD ... oh well, teachers huh.. =) )

anyway, in the netherlands you also can't wave the dutch flag for no reason.. there has to be a reason to wave the flag..
(your free to wave any other flag at any time tho. =S )

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

Pardon my blunt sense of right and wrong, but who in the hell has a right to immigrate to a country and complain that their national flag offends them? If you are so proud of the third world slum that you crawled out of, go back there and don't say that a first world's symbol of national pride offends you. If you are going to become a citizen of a new country, asimilate!!!. Don't be that ahole that flies a huge flag of some central American drug running country in the back of a beaten up truck with 22 inch rims. Pardon me again because I may be getting a little carried away here, but can you imagine the outrage if a bunch of Americans were to go over to England and say, "Hey, homie! Your sttuuuuupiiddd a-- flag disrespects my country, little ----- or go and decapitate an English soldier like that muslim lowlife did a few years back? (That's right I spelled muzscum with a small little m) Now obviously the situation in Sweden is nothing like this, but the sky is the limit if developed countries continue to let people from third world countries push them around and muck up their culture. I have been to a number of European cities and seen the negative influence and impact that the third world cultures have unleashed upon them. Third world culture is not enlightening and refreshing, It's backward, crude, and dangerous. I live in a place where Latino individuals and "culture" are and is responsible for nearly all of the violent crime. Name call away. It doesn't affect me any. What affects me is watching the latest news story about some young woman who was raped, murdered, and thrown naked and mutilated into and ditch by a gang of chicanos. I am aware that this sort of crime is not exclusively committed by the "cultural" dregs, but I'm aware that it is usually is. Sorry if this comes off as offensive, but if it is to you, maybe your culture is what's offending you, cause I'm only pointing out the facts.
And finally, I would like to extend my sympathies to the citizens of every European country that are enduring this bull---- whether it be from vicious muzlimz, violent central umerikinz, or anyone else of that nature.

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

Pardon my blunt sense of right and wrong, but who in the hell has a right to immigrate to a country and complain that their national flag offends them? If you are so proud of the third world slum that you crawled out of, go back there and don't say that a first world's symbol of national pride offends you. If you are going to become a citizen of a new country, asimilate!!!. Don't be that ahole that flies a huge flag of some central American drug running country in the back of a beaten up truck with 22 inch rims. Pardon me again because I may be getting a little carried away here, but can you imagine the outrage if a bunch of Americans were to go over to England and say, "Hey, homie! Your sttuuuuupiiddd a-- flag disrespects my country, little ----- or go and decapitate an English soldier like that muslim lowlife did a few years back? (That's right I spelled muzscum with a small little m) Now obviously the situation in Sweden is nothing like this, but the sky is the limit if developed countries continue to let people from third world countries push them around and muck up their culture. I have been to a number of European cities and seen the negative influence and impact that the third world cultures have unleashed upon them. Third world culture is not enlightening and refreshing, It's backward, crude, and dangerous. I live in a place where Latino individuals and "culture" are and is responsible for nearly all of the violent crime. Name call away. It doesn't affect me any. What affects me is watching the latest news story about some young woman who was raped, murdered, and thrown naked and mutilated into and ditch by a gang of chicanos. I am aware that this sort of crime is not exclusively committed by the "cultural" dregs, but I'm aware that it is usually is. Sorry if this comes off as offensive, but if it is to you, maybe your culture is what's offending you, cause I'm only pointing out the facts.
And finally, I would like to extend my sympathies to the citizens of every European country that are enduring this bull---- whether it be from vicious muzlimz, violent central umerikinz, or anyone else of that nature.

i agree with the basic idea but wow... you are one nasty vicious sad person arent you?

anyway, yeah, its stupid that the flag is banned. doesnt make any sense. i guess they forbid things because they compete with other schools. parents would want to send their children to a school theyd be safe and feel the most comfortable in.

i live in israel and i remember that in my school, if you called someone a nazi (even if it was true) youd be expelled. not sure why this rule even existed in a country where no nazi would ever live but yeah.

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

but...wow you are one nasty vicious sad person aren't you?

Nasty - Despite my best efforts to remain detached and cool all of the time, what goes around will eventually come around sooner or later. I have to get my feelings off of my chest from time to time.

Vicious - No not even close. I can't honestly remember the last time I even raised my voice or yelled at any one... Wait wait I do! It was about five years ago when some tramp called my mother the c-word after my mother had brushed past the tramp who was trying to block her from passing her just to start trouble. I confess that threatend to knock her down if she did leave my mom alone. That's the last time I acted aggressively towards anyone and the tramp wasn't an ethnic minority.

Sad - Only when I'm home alone on a weekend with nothing to do.

jim2170
jim2170
5 posts
Nomad

this is what happens when SJWs are allowed to control politics

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

MFW I enter this thread:
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/851/802/098.jpg

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

Nasty - Despite my best efforts to remain detached and cool all of the time, what goes around will eventually come around sooner or later. I have to get my feelings off of my chest from time to time.

so excuse. that you are using to judge an entire group of people based on their religion which you probably know nothing about based on a minority.

Vicious - No not even close. I can't honestly remember the last time I even raised my voice or yelled at any one... Wait wait I do! It was about five years ago when some tramp called my mother the c-word after my mother had brushed past the tramp who was trying to block her from passing her just to start trouble. I confess that threatend to knock her down if she did leave my mom alone. That's the last time I acted aggressively towards anyone and the tramp wasn't an ethnic minority.

so you cant be vicious if you are quiet? the message and the way you send a message define this. i couldnt call a person looking down on other cultures and treating them like inferior with such language anything but viscious.

Sad - Only when I'm home alone on a weekend with nothing to do.

by sad i meant your state which you havnt even realised.

theres a reason minorities tend to participate in crime. and that is because how they are treated and the fact they mostly dont get the chance to be seen as equal. add to that the fact that people like you would usually see a crime done by a "normal" person as just one crime of many but a crime done by a minority as typical action for that group.

i do believe that minorities usually get more then they deserve, but honestly i cant blame the government for giving it and definitely not the minorities for taking it. when people finally get over themselves and see everybody as equal there wont be such stupid rules where a certain precent of race X has to work in this working place in order for it to not be racist.

weirdlike
weirdlike
1,299 posts
Prince

I am feeling a little heat in this thread.. Just a quick reminder to keep our discussions appropriate. Avoid using derogatory words and avoid putting emphasis on what would be profanity. If you are going to state your opinion on x topic, you must be willing to accept the feedback that comes after. And please... if you have been offended by what someone has posted take a second for a deep breather and use the time to formulate a positive statement that will enlighten others to your perspective.

jim2170
jim2170
5 posts
Nomad

i do agree that it is unacceptable for foreigners to immigrate to another and claim the nations symbol is offensive

roydotor2000
roydotor2000
340 posts
Nomad

i do agree that it is unacceptable for foreigners to immigrate to another and claim the nations symbol is offensive

Of course!

Showing 1-15 of 19