ForumsThe TavernFun things to try at home

22 9210
SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

We've all had one of those days when we're sitting around the house with nothing to do. Well, I have never been one to just sit around and not do anything. Here are a few things you can try that I've done before next time you are sitting around the house all bored feeling and sorry for yourself.

Thing 1
Fire Eater

You'll need,
A bag of tortilla chips (the greasier the better)
A butane cigarette lighter
A bit of courage

Apparently, tortilla chips burn quite well. I have eaten burning tortilla chips. You can too.
Hold one out n light er up. It is very important to not swallow your saliva for a bit first, in fact try to salivate as much as possible. This will help protect your mouth from the heat. When you do bite into the flaming tortilla chip do not hold back! Bite down hard, mix your saliva around and into the chip, and at the same time flatten your mouth all the way so that there are no air pockets. Also eat the chip early in the burning process, don't wait for it to get all hot and glowy.
Try impressing your friends next time they're over with this trick!

More things will be revealed soon!

• 22 Replies
FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

Apparently, if you collect the striking surfaces from old matchboxes and burn them, you can dab the residue on your fingers and produce smoke when you rub those fingers together. The residue is toxic, though, so don't go touching your eyes and whatnot.

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

~~This thread is dead. I am unable to test out new stuffs due to an unfortunate injury~~

To hell with it!!!!! 😬

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

~~This thread is dead. I am unable to test out new stuffs due to an unfortunate injury~~

Did the injury have to do with something related to fire?

Alp_Ehni
Alp_Ehni
315 posts
Farmer

I don't think fire broke his left pinky finger...

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

I don't think fire broke his left pinky finger...

Actually, it's a neck fracture of the fifth metacarpal in my right hand. FYI, the metacarpals are the bones that connect one's knuckles to their wrist.
awsomejazz123
awsomejazz123
346 posts
Scribe

Playing with fire, definitely not the best thing to do, I should know

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

Despite having my hand injured I'm trying to build this at home. It's a miniature parachute. I'm using a large heavy duty black plastic trash bag from which I cut a circle about 40 inches across out of, 30 or so feet of tan thread, the right amount of super glue here and there, a suspending weight, and quite a few tools (hobby knives, scissors, files, glue, tape, toothpicks, tape measures, fishing line, sewing needles, a hole punch, and some zip ties). The idea is that I can grasp it by the top once it is finished and throw it as far as I can up in the air which will be about 30 feet or so and then it will open up and slowly drift to the ground. Thrilling right?

Showing 16-22 of 22