ForumsForum GamesTales of a Mountain Hermit

146 34248
Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

Our story begins in the foul lair of a mad sorcerer. Deep within the bowls of a cavern a cell made of rusty iron bars a lone figure rests lumped upon a pile of rags. She waits for the only other being in this place to deliver her ration of slop, a small goblin called Briggs. The master is gone and has been for sometime and the food has gradually become worse now to little more than watery bone broth with a piece of moldy bread.

=====================================================
Weirdlike is the only current player please do not post anything here. If you wish to participate then leave a comment on my profile.

Active Characters
---------------------------
Anomalous Strange
Topanga

• 146 Replies
Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

The Elk jumps back at the smoke
(Moving 20 feet back then turns to the right jumping out onto the road and other 20 feet)
It circles around to make a posture like its about to charge at its small pursuer, (it takes a defensive stance, Total Defense)

Ano pauses to wink at Topanga and moves out on the road across from the Giant Elk in a standoff and looses another arrow glowing blue.

Ano
Attack = 13+7
Damage = 2+4 + Damage = 2+Lightning = 4

The arrow lodges in the thick head of the beast
Elk(24)

DICE RESULTS
13 = Attack
2 = Damage
2 = Damage
4 = Lightning
weirdlike
weirdlike
1,299 posts
Prince

Toganga moves closer to the elk and uses

Earth Breaker(rage)
1d20=17+7
2d6=8+8

DICE RESULTS
17 = 1d20
8 = 2d6
Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

One of the Elks legs is shattered
Elk(8)

The Elks shoves Topanga with its mighty antlers but misses terrible with a wide swing over her head

Elk
Attack = 3+8
Damage = 4+9

Ano shoots an arrow between the elks eyes
Attack = 18+7
Damage = 6+4 + Damage = 2+Lightning = 3

The elk collapses onto the ground and Ano finishes it off with a slit to the throat

DICE RESULTS
3 = Attack
4 = Damage
18 = Attack
6 = Damage
2 = Damage
3 = Lightning
Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

After Anomalous finishes killing the great elk he turns around bloody and a bit winded. A peculiar creature, something of a crow man,

He speaks in a raven like fashion,
"Thanks for distracting that stag, tough old fellow. My names Anomalous Strange, what say is yours?"

weirdlike
weirdlike
1,299 posts
Prince

Topanga, completely exhausted, still sickly from her time spent in the cell, had difficulty speaking. A droning silence ensued before the releasing "Topanga" as she could not fathom to say much more.

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

After removing the organs and dressing the beast

"Well Mrs. Topanga I have a camp not a mile from here but seeing how this beast is too large for either of us to move I will have to fetch my mule. If you do not mind keeping watch over this creature I will share a meal and a cut from the silver this beast's flesh will render."

weirdlike
weirdlike
1,299 posts
Prince

Topanga nods in agreement and sits next to the carcass while proceeding to eat her wedge of cheese.

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

A little over a hour later Anomalous shows up with mule and cart, a few barrels and sacks. he spends four more hours portioning the beast, packing salted meat into the barrels, and skinning the hide of the creature

"I suggest we head back to my camp away from the remains, we wouldn't want some other beast to come along with us here."

(Rough time estimate should be close to dusk by the time we get to my camp :P)

weirdlike
weirdlike
1,299 posts
Prince

Topanga is unsure if she should use sense motive on Anomalous or not, as he did not give her a portion of goods... nonetheless she is much deserving of well needed rest, and has very little experience with meat preparations. She quickly jumps on the cart, kicks back and goes along for the ride.

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

The tengu man nibbles on some rabbit jerky as he drives the mule back to his camp site , he offers Topanga a strip of the jerky as she lay in the back of his cart.

As night falls the last light reveals a small hunters camp, a ramshackle lean-to with a bed of furs, a fire pit with a spit, and a wooden rack with several drying hides of small creatures.

http://www.hurherald.com//articles/36561/hunting_camp.jpg

Anomalous snaps his fingers a yellow orange spark flies from his fingers and burns kindling in the fire pit comes to light slowly growing into a proper fire as the dry wood ignites.

"Not much but it is home for now"

weirdlike
weirdlike
1,299 posts
Prince

Topanga noms down on the jerky and to her disappointment she does not eat much of it. An unfortunate side effect of having been deprived of food while behind bars. During the darker hours of the night she develops a sense of comfort and security. She then proceeds to unpack her blanket and lie next to the warm flame as she dozes off into the night.

Showing 136-146 of 146