ForumsForum GamesTales of a Mountain Hermit

146 34302
Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

Our story begins in the foul lair of a mad sorcerer. Deep within the bowls of a cavern a cell made of rusty iron bars a lone figure rests lumped upon a pile of rags. She waits for the only other being in this place to deliver her ration of slop, a small goblin called Briggs. The master is gone and has been for sometime and the food has gradually become worse now to little more than watery bone broth with a piece of moldy bread.

=====================================================
Weirdlike is the only current player please do not post anything here. If you wish to participate then leave a comment on my profile.

Active Characters
---------------------------
Anomalous Strange
Topanga

• 146 Replies
weirdlike
weirdlike
1,299 posts
Prince

continue crawling down the hall

Perception Check
1d20=10

DICE RESULTS
10 = 1d20
Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

As you crawl on the ground your hand slips into a hole with no bottom The size of the tunnel has shrunken considerably and is barley 2 feet tall., The tunnel ends in a rough patch of carved stone

weirdlike
weirdlike
1,299 posts
Prince

perception check on the carved stone.
1d20=4

DICE RESULTS
4 = 1d20
Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

Looks like it was mine with by miners, nothing special about it, There is a bit of black rock that seems to be coal

(You don't have the tools are in th condition to try and mine it)

weirdlike
weirdlike
1,299 posts
Prince

EarthBreaker on the carved stone

D
2d6=5+5

EDIT: turn around and crawl back

DICE RESULTS
5 = 2d6
Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

After a long painful 10 minutes you escape and recover from the nauseating gases...

Now what?

weirdlike
weirdlike
1,299 posts
Prince

Topanga walks all the way back to the point of origin which was the closest dark entrance, and goes into the next dark entrance.

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

As you make your way down the path you notice that the floors and walls are a lot smoother, the corners bend at a perfect 90 degree angle about 100 feet into the tunnel the path ends in a wall of solid smooth stone. On the stone are written odd runes.

weirdlike
weirdlike
1,299 posts
Prince

Perception Check on the odd runes
1d20=14

DICE RESULTS
14 = 1d20
Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

You see the runes, but have no idea what they mean.

weirdlike
weirdlike
1,299 posts
Prince

EarthBreaker on the stone

2d6=8+5

DICE RESULTS
8 = 2d6
Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

As you swinging hammer collides with the wall with a spark of bright green light repels your hammer and it bounces off doing no damage to the stone

weirdlike
weirdlike
1,299 posts
Prince

Topanga yells out wildly "Mellon" then...

Perception Check
1d20=15

DICE RESULTS
15 = 1d20
Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

You see that this isn't going to budge, and remember that theres one more path that heads up towards a light source...

weirdlike
weirdlike
1,299 posts
Prince

well I guess that covers every inch of the cave... except I am assuming the runes are there to serve as the entrance/exit for the sorcerer.

Topanga takes out a parchment, 1 ink bottle, and quill. Then proceeds to write down each and every rune.

Upon completion she heads to the nearest escape and climbs out.

Showing 106-120 of 146