ForumsForum GamesIsland under a godly dome [RP]

276 69538
Jeff1999
Jeff1999
1,356 posts
Farmer

REGISTRATION CLOSED!

Hello there! Welcome to the living hell that is Tulse's island. This place is mostly owned by 4 major factions where most of them force their citizens to live terrible lives. Your point here is...well...whatever you want it to be. You can go ahead and change the situation IF YOU WISH. This island is, in fact, your garden til the end of time. You might aswell just drink beer in a random tavern, but that wouldn't be alot of fun...or would it?

Here's how the island looks:

http://i.imgur.com/S5L3UCC.jpg

Click this for better quality!

Lore and important info:

Tulse's Island is an...island...that has a magical dome all around it which doesn't allow anyone to see the island, detect it, hear it, e.t.c. Also this dome doesn't let anyone inside or outside the island, even if God himself would happen to get here somehow, he could never get out. Nobody knows how this dome got created or how someone even got on the island.

People here each have their own element, it really doesn't help much if you don't use magic, however, if you do, it makes the magic of the same element easier to learn. Technically everyone can learn any kind of magic, but using the magic of the same element as yours just makes everything easier.

And yes, there's magic in this island. Every person has this thing called 'Mana', which basically equals 'magical strength'. Mana is what magical spells drain from you when you use them, if you run out of it and keep using spells, they start draining your blood and lungs, which either immediately kills you, or does permanent damage to your body. Everyone has different amounts of mana, some have more, some have less, some don't have any mana at all. The only way you can tell how much mana you have is by using spells, which is rather risky. It regenerates automatically, most people can regenerate their mana within 3 minutes.

The more powerful the spell is, the more mana it drains.

The magic in this island ranges from simple fireballs to telekinesis to generating and enchanting all sorts of items. However, a lot of people try to refrain from using magic because it's a big risk. Here's why: Anyone can use any kind of magic, a fire elemental person can learn how to use water magic and dark can learn how to use light (though it takes longer time to learn it). The problem is that you don't know when you use too much until it has already drained all the life out of you or done permanent damage to you. Because of this, most people who try magic for the first time immediately die.

Speaking of mastering magic, it takes a while. Mastering magic of the same elements as yours can take weeks to master, mastering magic of different elements takes MUCH longer than that...

The game:

Now to the fun part: Your character will have the most basic RP profile setting possible. When you give me your character, I add a bit of plot to your situation and we continue from there.

Application sheet:

Money: [Don't fill this up]
Character's Name and surname: [Or just name if you can't come up with a surname]
Appearance: [Imagine needing to tell this to someone drawing your character]
Personality: [I'd love this to last at least 1 entire line]
Biography: [Your job, history, opinions of the current situation, hobby, any important people, any other kind of important information]
Element: [Choose one: Fire, Water, Earth, Wind, Lightning, Poison, Ice, Dark, Light, Physical, Void]
Magical skills: [Mention any magical skills you have]

Elements:

You may have noticed that there are 2 elements that differ from the usual ones. Light, wind, fire, and all of those look very usual and easy to understand, however, you may have some problems understanding these 2: physical and void elements. Let me explain:

Physical is the only element that doesn't have any magical skills that can be learned faster, meaning that no matter what the skill's element is, you will have to spend some time on it, however, people with the physical element
tend to be stronger than everyone else.

Void is an anti-magic element. It's used to destroy any kinds of magical enchantments, barriers, shields, particles, e.t.c. However it doesn't damage anything that's created by nature, this means that even though void destroys magic, it doesn't damage your physical body whatsoever, and considering that mages aren't very common to begin with, void can be announced as the weakest element of all.

Every element has a particular set of skills, technically you can use every element for every type of magic, you can use fire to heal, dark to create light, e.t.c., the only thing is that some elements are more effective for some kind of magic than others (for example, fire is better for fireballs, dark is better for making people blind, water, earth and light are better for healing).

Same elemental spells don't damage each other (Forexample light spells don't damage light elemental barriers and using fire against fire just makes more fire).
Exceptions: Ice doesn't damage water, water doesn't damage ice, physical can damage itself and void doesn't damage physical.

Factions:

Now the factions, you can choose which one you support the most by mentioning it in your biography or you can just not care about it at all...

Crusaders:

http://i.imgur.com/ITptdvZ.jpg

In the beginning they had the best of intentions, however, after their leader became powerful, he became arrogant and hypocrytical. Because of this he started forcing every citizen to pay monthly fees and do everything for him. People intended to leave the land, however, the Crusaders have been placed all throughout the frontiers making it impossible for the citizens to leave. The land overall has alot of treasure making it the second richest on the island.

The Crusaders are neutral with Clarity and enemies with Vermile's Empire and the Guardians.

They own around 50% of the sea area around the island.

Guardians:

http://i.imgur.com/Cpg0WiJ.jpg

The only faction that actually has good intentions. The purpose of Guardians is to evacuate every citizen in any warzone to their teritorry. They wish to save everyone from the war by taking all the land for themselves and then making sure nothing like this happens ever again. They have the biggest amount of people of all factions, however they don't have enough money to simultaneously defend themselves and keep all the people in the land alive, making them a very poor faction.

The Guardians are enemies with the Crusaders and Vermile's Empire and neutral with Clarity.

They've taken over land in a way that they can connect with all the other factions and making it possible for people to evacuate in their lands

Clarity:

http://i.imgur.com/aGjAsj6.jpg

The worst faction in terms of land, but the best in terms of diplomacy and money. They intend to get a friendly relationship with every faction and then take over their lands and people. They've already managed to become allies with Vermile's Empire and are currently trying to become allies with the Crusaders. Thanks to their diplomacy, they can travel through the lands of Vermile's Empire without any issues and that way they can communicate with each other on both sides of the island.

Clarity is allies with Vermile's Empire and neutral with the Crusaders and the Guardians.

Their land is split in 2 parts that are both located on both opposite sides of the island, that's why their priority is keeping a friendly relationship with Vermile's Empire so that both of the sides can communicate.

Vermile's Empire:

http://i.imgur.com/SXG77Mr.jpg

Vermile himself is good at leading and tactics. He owns almost 50% of all the land and has the strongest army. He considers Clarity as his puppets since they do anything he says and he allows them to travel through his large landscape in return. He intends to take all the land and money for himself. He uses most of his money for his and his army's well-being and weapons, does not spend money on food for his citizens, however, unlike Crusaders, does not force his people to pay monthly fees and work for him.

Vermile's Empire is allies with Clarity, unfriendly with the Crusaders and enemies with the Guardians.

Not only does he own almost 50% of the land, but 50% of the sea around the island aswell.

Other:

http://i.imgur.com/6pvGejn.jpg

This isn't really a faction, but more like a piece of land with a couple minor leaders who don't intend to take over anything. They have neutral relationships with all factions, allow them to pass through their land, but don't allow them to fight each other in that land. They mainly focus on keeping everyone on their land happy by keeping them as far away from any kind of war as possible, they're doing a somewhat good job at it.

This is the way factions are distributed on the map:

http://i.imgur.com/UvAuJnh.jpg

Click this for better quality!

As you can see, cities like Scrive, Erglania, Brance, Sulde, Candove, Ettania and Aucenia suffer huge inconveniences because they happen to be right between factions that are enemies with each other, everyone living there is not happy and is trying to get away, however the armies of most of the factions don't allow them to.

Alot of questions you have about the plot, people, magic, e.t.c might get answered while you're in your journey.

So, to those of you who are still reading this...good luck...I guess...

• 276 Replies
JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

Character's Name and surname: Jake Nero

Appearance: Stands at 6 foot exactly, he weighs about 13 stone, most of which is muscle due to his magic alignment, he has pitch black hair and is slightly tanned. His hair is kept short and he trims his own beard to a close cropped affair. He usually wears his dark read boots, dark green shirt and blue pants. His clothes are all baggy, hiding his actual size and shape from others.

Personality: He enjoys simply physical tasks that test him and make him stronger. He uses some magic fairly regularly, after accidentally using it he's found that he can use a fair bit without causing death to himself. He's got a long fuse but will fight if he is pushed to do so. He doesn't belong to any faction but he has plans for his island. He can be quite suave and is quite charismatic.

Biography: Works as a blacksmith mostly, he also throws his lot in with loggers, miners, farmers and fishermen. He's a craftsman, you give him the raw materials and he can give you whatever you want. He used to be a brawler, still is but not professionally, can one of his more famous fights pitted him against three armed guards with swords, the fights lasted all of ten seconds with him standing above there unconscious bodies. He keeps away from the major four that rule, he prefers not to get involved but won't follow their orders as he sees himself as an outsider, not bound to anyone, the way he thinks his city should also take up, Independence for all. He has had a few run ins with the guards of each faction before but they usually leave him be after enough bruises and beatings. He has no blood family left but he considers those he's friends with to be his family. He frequently visits a local tavern where everybody knows his name and they see him as family. His best friend Azel runs the pub.

Element: Physical

Magical skills: [Don't fill this up]

Jeff1999
Jeff1999
1,356 posts
Farmer

Jake Nero (JACKinbigletters)

[Any sort of magic you use is something you can now list in your magical skills list]

[Your current money is 500 Tulses (1 Tulse = 1 $)]

As the morning starts, the first thing you see is a bandage over your left shoulder, you then immediately remember that yesterday you had a fight with 2 soldiers of the Crusader faction who forced you to pay your monthly fee. They didn't leave you be for the first time, so you were forced to kill them and you did it without any major issues.

However, the scar on your shoulder is nothing because of your well-built body, you still feel full of energy and capable of doing your physical every-day tasks. You dress up and eat a slice of bread for breakfast.

As you open your door, 4 soldiers from the Crusader faction drag you out. All of them seem to be around 5.8 foot tall and look very thin. It seems that in terms of physical strength you're stronger than any of them, however, there's 4 of them. 3 of them attempt to hold you down, the 4th one grabs out a huge spear and starts charging at you.

silver199
silver199
1,036 posts
Nomad

Location: I can't access the map for whatever reason, But Sulde sounds like it fits with my biography.

Character's Name and surname: Drakonnan DarkHeart

Appearance: He is 4 feet 8 inches tall and skinny. he has a mature face for his age of 12, his eyes are completely white and he is blind, heightening his other senses. He has black hair and fairly pale skin. He is always wearing a black cloak. He also wears brown leather pants, black cloth shirt and cloth shoes.

Personality: Depressed and angry after his parents death. All he wants to do is tactfully kill. His overall goal is to single-handedly take down every government on the island except for the Guardians for causing the war that killed his parents. But for anyone who does not stand in his way he is kind and friendly. The only people he really seems to care for are other orphans and people who are blind.

Biography: He is a poor orphan whose parents were killed in a war, he himself does not even know which war it was, their deaths left him alone in the world, and as he is blind no one would take him in. He believes the wars should end permanently with the Guardians in control. Due to his orphanage he is very street smart.

Element: Fire

Magical skills: [Don't fill this up]

Jeff1999
Jeff1999
1,356 posts
Farmer

Drakonnan DarkHeart (silver199)

[I actually added a link to the image itself below the maps, though I guess the text was so long that the links weren't very easy to notice. Or maybe it's because the image size was too big, Here are both maps: The Island,
Faction distribution
If you still can't open the maps I'll try to find another way to show them to you.
If you change your thoughts about Sulde, I can give you a different location so we can start over while it's not too late]

[Your money is currently 20 Tulses (1 Tulse = 1 $)]

You wake up on a street, backing against a pile of bricks This is the kind of feeling you have every morning. Even though you can't really see if it's morning or not, you're capable of feeling the sun warming up your cloak.

You are fully capable of walking without the need of a walking stick around every part of the city, but not much beyond that. As you get up and start walking somewhere, you hear a couple kids around the same age as you laughing a couple meters behind you. Very soon you hear something small flying in your direction extremely fast. You walk a bit to the left and the flying object flies by you. When it hit the ground, it sounded like a rock, so you assume it is one. The kids laughing behind you were some of the local bullies that have always tried to beat you up, but you've always managed to avoid it. There's 3 of them in total.

After the kids realize you dodged the rock, they pick up a couple branches and start charging at you. It's as if they're so annoyed by you that they're ready to kill you, even. What do you do?

silver199
silver199
1,036 posts
Nomad

[Still not showing, have you used the Image button when posting? you copy the image location and paste it there and it is supposed to show the actual picture rather than a link.]

I try to turn and jump/push off of the brick wall to make a spinning kick at the boys, after that I crouch with one hand on the ground for balance.
I then say "Tsk, Tsk, Now now, why would you try to hurt Me? Ignorance perhaps?" with a smile. Trying to take in every ounce of information I can with my other senses.

Jeff1999
Jeff1999
1,356 posts
Farmer

[What exactly shows up? I double-checked them and they show the images for me. I entered this forum game with my phone and the map appears there aswell. Maybe the URL messes up something for you. I'll give you the raw links. Try copy-pasting these:
http://i.imgur.com/S5L3UCC.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/UvAuJnh.jpg
If it doesn't work, I've uploaded some alternatives:
http://postimg.org/image/6kidc6ro5/
http://postimg.org/image/nkb1weqbd/
If these don't work aswell, I'll find other places where to upload them]

Your kick was successful against one of them, however, it doesn't feel fatal enough. One of the remaining 2 stops laughing, becomes angry and charges you again.

"Hahahaha! You're stupid! We hurt you because you're stupid!" says the other remaining kid. "All you blind dummies think you own the place? Ha!"

The kid charging at you is so angry that he runs at you with such speed that he doesn't even notice the brick wall behind you. You run aside and he runs head-forth right into the wall and falls to the ground. The kid talking is now charging at you and the one you kicked earlier rose up and is charging at you aswell.

silver199
silver199
1,036 posts
Nomad

[Not showing, it is probably fine with me not knowing though]

I purse my lips and gently blow. I try to use Magic to turn it to smoke to cover our little battle field then take three steps to the side of where I was standing.
Saying "Hurting someone because they are different? That's a horrible reason to fight." listening for their foot steps.

Jeff1999
Jeff1999
1,356 posts
Farmer

[Yeah, I guess. You not knowing how the map looks like can actually really well fit your character. Though I still need to explain something about Sulde:
It's located in a crosspoint between the Guardians, Vermile's Empire and the "other" faction. South from the city is a desert, whereas on the north - grasslands. Even though you're blind, these are some things about your city you should know]

[Also, now, if you have any magical skills (for example your smoke breath), you can add them to your magical skills list at your application sheet]

"Reason? We will beat you up regardless! Go die with your stupid reasons!"

Both of the remaining kids realize that in this smoke you have an enormous advantage, so fighting you will end up in their defeat anyway. They both decide to run away and the one who was talking with you was still quietly giggling. Even though by now they were like 40 meters away, you were still able to feel and hear the disgust of his giggles.

The fight has ended for now. Any place where you'd like to go?

silver199
silver199
1,036 posts
Nomad

Money: 20 Tusles

Character's Name and surname: Drakonnan DarkHeart

Appearance: He is 4 feet 8 inches tall and skinny. he has a mature face for his age of 12, his eyes are completely white and he is blind, heightening his other senses. He has black hair and fairly pale skin. He is always wearing a black cloak. He also wears brown leather pants, black cloth shirt and cloth shoes.

Personality: Depressed and angry after his parents death. All he wants to do is tactfully kill. His overall goal is to single-handedly take down every government on the island except for the Guardians for causing the war that killed his parents. But for anyone who does not stand in his way he is kind and friendly. The only people he really seems to care for are other orphans and people who are blind.

Biography: He is a poor orphan whose parents were killed in a war, he himself does not even know which war it was, their deaths left him alone in the world, and as he is blind no one would take him in. He believes the wars should end permanently with the Guardians in control. Due to his orphanage he is very street smart.

Element: Fire

Magical skills: Smoke Breath.

[Re-posting it because it will not let me edit the old one]

[Would Aucenia be a better spot to start or here? I don't care what town I am in necessarily, I would not consider myself being officially part of faction yet given my age but I favor the Guardians]

I sigh and feel/walk over to the one who hit the wall and try to see if he is alive. Whether he is or not I search him then lift him up on my shoulders and try to think of where he would live.

Jeff1999
Jeff1999
1,356 posts
Farmer

[There really aren't any better "starting" areas, the enemies will keep getting stronger regardless the area]

As you pick him up, you realize that your fight has attracted a pretty big crowd. Most people viewing the fight knew that you're blind and have excellent other senses, however, it seems like these people around you have never seen you use magic before. After carrying the body around for 5 minutes you hear the voice of a 40 year old woman running in your direction, saying: "Quint? You...What are...What is this? YOU KILLED MY SON!? YOU MONSTER! THE GUARDIANS WILL JUDGE YOU FOR YOUR CRIMES, CHILD! MARK MY WORDS!" She takes the kid off of your shoulders and runs away crying.

Again, you've made quite a scene. You can hear around 20 people around you saying things like: "This disgusting, hypocritical, violent child. How dares he mock others?". Everything happened so fast, it wasn't even possible to explain that it was self defense.

All of the sudden, someone behind you puts his hand on your shoulder. You hear an adult voice saying: "Kid, violating others is the one thing we can't allow to happen. Even though you're only a child, you need to be punished for what you did!" These words almost sound like something a fellow Guardian would say, however, it really seems they're about to do something bad to you right now...

silver199
silver199
1,036 posts
Nomad

"Sir." I say "Did you witness the fight? I was attacked, I was carrying the boy, whom I believe to be alive, back to where he lives. If anything, those boys should be reprimanded by their parents." Turning to the man. "The Guardians stand for Justice correct? then perhaps you could look into the issue before coming to a verdict."

Jeff1999
Jeff1999
1,356 posts
Farmer

"Very well, then! We will look onto the issue, however, we will keep our eyes on you. If something like this happens and you happen to be in it as well. I will have to take your life!"

All of the sudden a huge, thrown spear from the right pierces through the Guardian's head and some of his blood splatters on your face. You very well realize he's dead because of the sudden silence and since the only faction here that dares to attack a Guardian is Vermile's Empire, you assume it's them.

You hear that now around 4 people from both left and right sides are running at the corpse's direction. The ones from the right are Vermile's Empire's troops, since the spear was thrown from there, whereas the ones from the right are most likely other Guardians.

Once they reach each other, a big clash of swords starts and you happen to be right in the middle of it. You can try helping the Guardians, but since you're blind, you won't know who's who.

silver199
silver199
1,036 posts
Nomad

I duck quickly and dash into a roll away from the fight in order to stay away from it. I stand and walk away from the fight, After all, it's none of my business.

Jeff1999
Jeff1999
1,356 posts
Farmer

You manage to swiftly avoid the fight. It seems like it lasted quite a while since you didn't even hear it end before walking too far away from it.

All of the sudden you feel empty inside. You haven't eaten anything since yesterday's morning. You don't have any food brought with you right now, however, you do have 20 Tulses which is much, much more than you usually have. 1 Tulse is enough to buy an entire bread loaf.

The problem is that Sulde only has 2 shops. 1 of them is right next to you, however, it is closed today. The other shop is on the other side of the city. Going there may take around 15 minutes...

silver199
silver199
1,036 posts
Nomad

I grimace from hunger as I begin my walk to the other shop trying to avoid main streets.

Showing 1-15 of 276