ForumsThe Tavern...yeah, i'm done here

12 5729
treos
treos
105 posts
Nomad

i get it, the site runs on ads and subscriptions. thing is though, it's my computer and I'M the one who chooses if I want to see ads or not, not you.

don't like adblock plus? too dang bad, FYI: bypassing adblockers and forcing people to see ads they don't want to why plastering just about the entire page on almost every single of the website doesn't fly with me AT ALL. seeing any site stoop to such low tactics is disgusting.

funny thing is, i don't need to pay you're stupid subscription as last i checked, there was a forum thread over on the adblock plus forums where they're trying to come up with a way to bypass YOU'RE bypass.

nowadays this site is a cesspool of ads everywhere. the kind of site i avoid. goodbye and good riddance i say!

though i am rather curious how many users you're tactics of forcing ads on people whether they want to see them or not has driven away vs how many it's attracted (heh, funny, people being attracted to a site plastering ads all over every page...lol).

• 12 Replies
dorukayhan
dorukayhan
1,318 posts
Bard

nowadays this site is a cesspool of ads everywhere.

isnt it easy to focus on the game frame and totally ignore the ad banners above and below it?

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

Entitled: the thread.

rychus
rychus
1,282 posts
Farmer

If you want to play %100 free games, you can deal with ads you don't even need to pay attention to. If you're wanting no ads, install steam, purchase and download your games that way.

treos
treos
105 posts
Nomad

"09philj: Entitled: the thread." ever heard the phrase "MY computer, MY choice as to whether on not I want to see ads."? yeah...might be you're site but it's my laptop and i say NO to ads.

"rychus: If you want to play %100 free games, you can deal with ads you don't even need to pay attention to. If you're wanting no ads, install steam, purchase and download your games that way." OR i and others like me can simply go to other sites.

internet ads are a cancer and defending them is idiotic. with internet advertising, the negative FAR outweighs any good that may come of using them. theres literally no good side to internet ads. that and it's a well known fact that internet ads are a security risk waiting to happen (read: malvertising).

to any admin who might see this: i'd toss a link to a thread on the ABP forums discussing how to bypass YOU'RE bypassing of ABP but that'd just be helping you force more ads on you're users. bypass this fix and i bet another such thread will popup over there.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Yeah, it's your computer, but that doesn't do anything to negate the cold reality that a business needs revenue to survive. Short of getting people to pay to play the games, the ads are the best option.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

it's my computer and I'M the one who chooses if I want to see ads or not, not you.

That's not how that works... at all. Let me set up a little scenario for you, to hopefully understand how... misunderstood you are on how things work:

*An arsonist walks into a bank*

Arsonist: Let me burn all the money in the bank.

Banker: But sir, the people who use this bank depend on the money for survival.

Arsonist: Yeah... might be their bank but this is my flamethrower and I say burn all the cash.

nowadays this site is a cesspool of ads everywhere.

ArmorGames back in 2012 didn't have many ads. It wasn't until AdBlocker rose in usage that ArmorGames had to resort to tactics like more ads and ads that bypass AdBlocker's system.

goodbye and good riddance i say!

If you're really gone why did you just come back to reply to everyone?

(heh, funny, people being attracted to a site plastering ads all over every page...lol).

People come to ArmorGames for games. Its surprising, I know.

OR i and others like me can simply go to other sites.

You and other ad blocking leec- I mean users can certainly go to other websites. Just a bit of warning though, you won't find many websites of ArmorGames' gaming quality that has similar or worse ad content.

theres literally no good side to internet ads.

Money so users can have free gaming, money for employees so they and their family can survive. Those are two pretty big positives. Can you list negatives that are as big as those?

that and it's a well known fact that internet ads are a security risk waiting to happen

Then don't click them.

i'd toss a link to a thread on the ABP forums discussing how to bypass YOU'RE bypassing of ABP but that'd just be helping you force more ads on you're users.

You mean this thread? Really not hard to find, I just searched ArmorGames in the forum and it was the third result.

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

you're tactics of forcing ads on people whether they want to see them or not

Your choosing to come here and use the site and have to see the ads as well does not count as us forcing them down your throat.

heh, funny, people being attracted to a site plastering ads all over every page...lol

They're aren't ads covering all of everything everywhere all over the place infinitely. If you can't stand seeing some ad bars here and there, I don't know how you are able to use the internet. According to this same attitude of yours, billboards on the side of the highway are probably something that you view as a violation of your rights.

You're

You are aware that this means "you are", not your (possessive), right? You are literally saying over and over, " you are forums", "you are site". Excellent English skills there. I kinda of like it though since it makes you look like an even bigger idiot.

goodbye and good riddance i say!

Absolutely! Shoo away. Go on, go now. *swats the fly swatter with a deft smack*. " Ah, good riddance.

the site runs on ads and subscriptions. thing is though, it's my computer and I'M the one who chooses if I want to see ads or not, not you.

So even though you understand how the site works, you think that you are entitled to an exemption? It's like saying I don't want to listen to the commercials that come with the music on the radio and I don't want to buy the music (MP3, CD, etc...), so I'm going to just steal it off the internet or shove a CD down the front of my pants and slip out of the store real fast. Just like with the radio though, you can, as you said about the site, turn it off and not have to deal with the ads. You are not entitled to an ad free world.
FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

i get it, the site runs on ads and subscriptions. thing is though, it's my computer and I'M the one who chooses if I want to see ads or not, not you.
Who do you think you're talking to? Why do you think they'd care?

don't like adblock plus? too dang bad, FYI: bypassing adblockers and forcing people to see ads they don't want to why plastering just about the entire page on almost every single of the website doesn't fly with me AT ALL. seeing any site stoop to such low tactics is disgusting.
Now, ordinarily I would offer an appropriately condescending retort, but sadly I hadn't actually prepared anything suitable for quite so extreme a level of pretentious naïvité. Sorry.

funny thing is, i don't need to pay you're stupid subscription as last i checked, [...]
It's quite a bit funnier than even you realize.

nowadays this site is a cesspool of ads everywhere. the kind of site i avoid. goodbye and good riddance i say!
Oh, you poor thing.

OR i and others like me can simply go to other sites.
Of course, because the illiterate hacks who develop ad-free sites always have the best games, right? ... Right?

Ta! See you in less than a month.
SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

It's quite a bit funnier than even you realize.

I can't tell you how much I enjoyed reading that. It's absolutely perfect, well done. 😄
----------------

LOL, if this guy comes back to read these replies, he's probably going to end up throwing his laptop into a wall. XD

rychus
rychus
1,282 posts
Farmer

All these replies simply made my day, was rofling the entire time. Good game, boys. Good game.

etg2002
etg2002
703 posts
Scribe

funny thing is, i don't need to pay you're stupid subscription as last i checked, there was a forum thread over on the adblock plus forums where they're trying to come up with a way to bypass YOU'RE bypass.

though i am rather curious how many users you're tactics of forcing ads on people whether they want to see them or not has driven away vs how many it's attracted (heh, funny, people being attracted to a site plastering ads all over every page...lol).

A: ads are not all bad. for instance, you can put a hard block over them by simply shrinking the window size so you straight up cannot see them.
B. armorgames relies on these ads to keep going.
C.it is not a low tactic, in fact, all they are doing are posting pictures with links, which does not count as ads. i have seen it done before, and i have done it myself once or twice.
D. for about getting rid of ads entirely, do as A. says.
E. the forums does not have ads.
F. wait, you're leaving?!?!
G. just ask armorgames the hit count.

dorukayhan
dorukayhan
1,318 posts
Bard

wait a second, is it just me or does the adblocker-blocker causes less annoying ads to appear instead of those fancy ads like this?

Showing 1-12 of 12