8 3345
g0k1
g0k1
17 posts
Farmer

Edit: problem solved.

Original message:

Good evening, dear staff member

In the last 2 days I haven't been able to log out or access my profile, since these options do not appear on the upper black bar, on the right side, where my armatar was supposed to be. Though I don't use the chat that appears on the lower right side of the screen, it doesn't work either.

I also noticed that my Ad-Block Plus extension has blocked 729 ad-wares and/or pop-ups while playing The King Of Towers, that only in 3 hours of play. Whether or not this has something to do with the issue above, that is up to you to investigate. In case it isn't, I don't think my AG+ membership payment was useful to me. I payed that only to help the site, and it was supposed to remove the advertisement/pop-ups, not add more of them.

I have had my AG account for a long time, and I have been an AG+ member since about 6 months ago. The issues above have never occurred before. I'm waiting for a feedback - specially one that doesn't say "stop using Ad-Block Plus"

Thank you for your time and patience,
g0k1

• 8 Replies
RavePenguin
RavePenguin
513 posts
Peasant

Hello @g0k1,

First off, I'm sorry for any and all frustration that you may be having.
Many of he random occurrences that have been reported (both on forums and within one-on-one help requests) appear to be related to ad-blocking software (which is not supported on our site).

In the past few days, it appears that many blockers are doing more than blocking ads. They have started blocking features on the site, for example: Google Analytics, the user account area, Disqus, and live chat to name a few. For examples of what this would look like you can see the cropped images that were shared here.

I understand that you asked not to suggest disabling your blocking software, so instead I suggest that you review your notices to see what is actually being flagged/blocked. Are you seeing items such as Google Analytics or XMLHttpRequests? Or are there URLs for ads? If it's not an ad, then it's something with the blocker you have and how it is is interacting with our site. The "flags" (my term) this will continue to climb up while visiting our site. If it is an ad, that is a different issue and I'd like to ask you contact us directly with the following: name of game, url of the ad, and screen capture from your blocker. That way so we can look into what may have happened and do some testing on our end.

If this is not what you expected when you purchased AFG+, please contact us via the web form - http://armorgames.com/contact - so I can work with you directly to see if you are eligible for a refund.

-RP

P.S. For others that may not know what AFG+ does, it removes the ads and the space that they would take up; while still allowing access to features of our site like the chat window and comments located under the game.

dorukayhan
dorukayhan
1,318 posts
Bard

I have had my AG account for a long time, and I have been an AG+ member since about 6 months ago. The issues above have never occurred before. I'm waiting for a feedback - specially one that doesn't say "stop using Ad-Block Plus"

@g0k1 as u have afg+ subscription, u're already tagged as "this one shouldn't see ads". therefore ur adblocker has no use for this site. click on its thumbnail, deactivate it (note that this will turn the adblocker off only for this site, i.e it'll keep working on other sites) and press f5 to make everything work just fine

They have started blocking features on the site, for example: Google Analytics, the user account area, Disqus, and live chat to name a few.

hey, i found a really good reason for not blocking ads! it messes up with the site by overall!

Antwain27
Antwain27
4 posts
Constable

Hello, I've had the same problem as well with my Adblock Plus. So are all adblockers now disabling certain features on websites? Mine's gotten no updates what-so-ever, though. Also, I've checked the blocked elements and there's nothing listed for armor games, but somehow it doesn't show my prfile and stuff when Adblock Plus is enabled.
Thank you for any suggestions!

dorukayhan
dorukayhan
1,318 posts
Bard

I've checked the blocked elements and there's nothing listed for armor games, but somehow it doesn't show my prfile and stuff when Adblock Plus is enabled.

ok, here's how to avoid getting distracted by ads so that u can turn the adblocker off and use the site without bugs:

• zoom in a bit. this'll shrink the side ads (that already don't fit a 15.6" screen with 100% zoom) by pushing them off-screen
  • below the add to favorites, share and report buttons on every game, there's a square ad frame that sometimes brings up ads with audio. click the frame to shut it up
  • that's it. eventually u'll realize that ads don't distract u anymore
g0k1
g0k1
17 posts
Farmer

Good day @RavePenguin,

Those "flags" are actually not advertisements. Just like you suggested, they are an issue from Ad-Block Plus. About this...

If this is not what you expected when you purchased AFG+, please contact us via the web form - http://armorgames.com/contact - so I can work with you directly to see if you are eligible for a refund.

... the advantages of being an AG+ member are not the reason why I bought it. Like I said, I did it to help the site. Besides that, your feedback, attention and flawless spelling are exactly what I was expecting. Thank you. In case I do see an advertisement, I will report it here in the forums.

Good day @doqck,

Thank you, as well. Though it was not what I intended to do, disabling Ad-Block Plus (only in this site) solved the issue.

Warm regards,
g0k1

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

We've contacted the list that we're on, Newgrounds also got hit. We're hoping they will remove us, but we have no control over it.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

armorgames/user-nav or something to that effect. I removed that from my filter and it worked.

Flash82
Flash82
1 posts
Scribe

I have AG+ and got both AdBlock and AdBlockPlus running and have the same issue. But when I switched AdBlock off, the &quotrofile" and "my games" buttons reappeared. When I switched it back on, they didn't vanish, not even after a reboot.

Showing 1-8 of 8