ForumsWEPRIslamic State, Al Qaeeda and Islamic Terrorism discuss

4 5947
BalkanRenegades
BalkanRenegades
824 posts
Treasurer

This thread has already been opened by @Back2ISLAM, but it was closed by @HahiHa. I'm opening it again.

What do you think ISIL (or ISIS) is? How did they so quickly spread through Middle East? Who is their leader? Is Al Qaeeda as powerfull as it was a decade ago? Are they and ISIL connected in some way? Do they have contacts in different countries? How do they get money for their actions? Where do you think that next attack will happen? Is CIA and NSA maybe hiding something about them? Do you think they secretly manipulate them?

Post anything about it right here.

• 4 Replies
Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Except the previous thread really didn't promote any sort of discussion, it rather tried to avoid it

At any rate, nice to start anew with a general discussion thread about Islamic extremism.

So, let's move on with the points:

What do you think ISIL (or ISIS) is?

A terrorist group made up of Muslim fanatics. I don't think there is anything tricky or subtle here to be honest

How did they so quickly spread through Middle East

I have to admit, that I believe the US intervention in the Middle East really did play its part in the growth of such extremist groups. Meddling in the Middle Eastern affairs for year, with Iraq and Afghanistan for example, probably did channel the hatred of the people there for the west. Years of war, collateral damage and the like tends to cause civil unrest

Is Al Qaeeda as powerfull as it was a decade ago? Are they and ISIL connected in some way?

No, Al Qaeda is probably not as powerful as it was a decade ago. As for their connection, I think so. I heard that they declared war against each other about a year ago but this is not something I have been able to confirm. The different 'sects' of Islam have been feuding for centuries, so it should come as no surprise.

How do they get money for their actions?

Now that's a core matter. And it is the most suspicious one in my opinion. First let me mention the rumor of Turkey supporting and funding ISIS and its operations, which as of now is still a matter of discussion. Multiple oil trucks, whole convoys really have been going through Syria and the Middle East destined for ISIS. The question is, who provides the oil? How do they get it?

A similar scandal (among others) was discovered with Panama Papers. The massive petroleum supply to the Syrian Air Force through shell companies (to remove the trace obviously), despite the embargo declared by the US and the UK. It is highly possible in my opinion that similar methods may be used to fund ISIS and their terror operations, though in possibly a smaller scale.

Is CIA and NSA maybe hiding something about them? Do you think they secretly manipulate them?

Not just something...lots probably. There is a massive amount of data that gets declassified years after the operations and often excludes most of the details (which, remember, is where the devil is ). Given the shady history and background of such organizations and famous cases of whistleblowing concerning them directly (the latest of course being, Edward Snowden), it is highly likely that the CIA and the NSA has been dealing with such groups in secret for years. That of course, without exploring the rumor that Islamic State fighters and the Al Qaeda were actually trained and armed by the US

BalkanRenegades
BalkanRenegades
824 posts
Treasurer

@Doombreed Thanks for reply. I've seen the topic closed for a reason, and I thought it was good to be informed about these things, no matter how "touchy" they are today .

First let me mention the rumor of Turkey supporting and funding ISIS and its operations, which as of now is still a matter of discussion

That may not be just a rumor. I've been investigating Erdogan's moves for a few moths. He is much more like a dictator than a president. He banned interned and arrested a reported because of criticising him on Twitter.
I noticed in some of his speeches to media (after attacks on Turkey in 2015.) that he never blamed ISIL for losses. In fact he didn't even mentioned them. His main target of those speeches were Kurds, the worlds biggest national minority with about 200 milion people in Turkey. Because of their desires to create their own state, which would have a part of Turkey, he decided not to arrest, not to suppress, not even to banish them. No. He wants to EXTERMINATE them. What is even more interesting, Kurds are giving the biggest resistance to ISIL, unlike Syrian army or Rebels, which are constantly fighting against themselves.
Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

@BalkanRenegades more or less, I share your suspicions, I was just a bit more modest It is true that I don't like the way Erdogan behaves at all, especially in that matter. And of course he is a dictator in Turkey. But I refrained from actually saying these things because I haven't searched for information on that matter in particular.

BalkanRenegades
BalkanRenegades
824 posts
Treasurer

@Doombreed No matter how controversial is saying something like that, there are dozens of proof that support my theory. If you want to start investigating, I'll suggest you use Al Jazeera news.
Bigger reason why I don't like Erdogan is information I've found that claims that he has some kind of secret contact with Hashim Thaci and Isa Mustafa. How are these two connected to the topic? Well, over 300 people from Serbia, Kosovo to be accurate, went to Syria to fight along side ISIL.
Thaci is one of most hated people in Serbia, mostly because of war crimes in Kosovo War against Serbs, mainly kidnapping and selling ORGANS to black market. That "organ" story goes even further.
Nigerian doctor, Filip Ndjemaze, claimed that Rochasa Okorocha, millionaire and governor of state Imi, had a secret meeting with Thaci, where allegedly, they made a deal of trading organs of black people, since they are "more profitable than whites".
And how is this connected? I'm sure you know who Boko Haram is. They stated obedience to ISIL and their leader. ISIL is organisation that works in Syria and Iraq, Middle East. Which country is also found on Middle East? Turkey. And we are back at the begining of the story.
Sheesh, that's a lot!

Showing 1-4 of 4