ForumsNews and FeedbackNotice: Galaxy Online II MMO is closing July 6th

20 25313
RavePenguin
RavePenguin
513 posts
Peasant

Hello Commanders,

We've received notification from the developers that they will be shutting down Galaxy Online II MMO effective July 6th.

Edit: It's Galaxy Online II sorry folks.
Edit2: New date is July 6th, not July 1st as previously communicated.

-RP

• 20 Replies
T90UK
T90UK
1 posts
Nomad

GO or GO2?

alphadog452
alphadog452
2 posts
Nomad

Are you talking about Galaxy Online II? Or is the original version still out there somewhere?

Candy13
Candy13
1 posts
Nomad

Not sure what is happening but Galaxy Online II was missing from the MMO list and had disappeared from my favourite games. Maybe they pulled the plug early and it was supposed to be June 1st.

br00mish
br00mish
1 posts
Peasant

This game was my life for the past 2 and a half years...

RavePenguin
RavePenguin
513 posts
Peasant

@Candy13,

If you have played the game before we were notified of the closure, you can still access it from the direct link.

However since this is going to be closed down in the near future, anyone that has never played it will not be able to access or create a new account to begin playing.

jiko111
jiko111
1 posts
Peasant

Is there any info, why they are shutting it down?

alphadog452
alphadog452
2 posts
Nomad

@jiko111 rumor has it there's a revenue/contract issue between IGG and AG. No confirmation of that, though, but IGG has reportedly replied to support requests saying there is no shutdown imminent.

Nephan
Nephan
1 posts
Nomad

can i know why? , is it from you or from IGG .. cuz we need someone to blame

Wizzardmaster
Wizzardmaster
1 posts
Shepherd

Merge...Merge...Merge plz

robome
robome
1 posts
Nomad

GO2 is life. I can't function without it.

Rickie281
Rickie281
2 posts
Shepherd

R.I.P Galaxy

S14Wolf
S14Wolf
1 posts
Nomad

So much hurt....

Jcpkill
Jcpkill
2 posts
Nomad

So sad... RIP the best galaxy Online II community ive ever seen.

logman80
logman80
1 posts
Jester

I can't believe it. if not refund, they must move accounts to alive server at least.

EragonD12
EragonD12
1 posts
Nomad

It will officially close july 6th. (Quote from updates): "Galaxy Online 2 Closing Announcement Dear Commanders, It has been an exhilarating and wondrous few years in the game. So it is with a heavy heart that we have to announce the closure of Galaxy Online 2. The Federation has tried every means and ways to maintain the galaxy while fighting off growing hordes of space pirates. It was a good fight that we were proud to have fought but we have to ultimately concede defeat. We are grateful for all the friends and glorious history we've made. And hopefully, in another time and space, we might meet again. Galaxy Online 2 will close on July 6st 2016. 1、 Galaxy Online 2 will remain open to all existing players until the date of closure. 2、The Mall will remain open until June 6 2016, 1:00 am(GMT-5). 3、The game server and all related links will close at July 6st 2016, 1:00 am(GMT-5). All other features of Galaxy Online 2 will remain functional until the closure of the servers. Any Mall Points you still have remaining in your account can be used normally. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact Customer Support and we will address them as soon as we can."

Showing 1-15 of 20