ForumsForum GamesThe Superhuman RPG (2016)

721 165566
Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

I allow as many players as possible. Registrations are open!

Now...

Does.. Does anyone remember The Superhuman RPG? Way back about 4 years ago?

I admit, I didn't think I would be opening this game again. But then I think of the fun I had hosting it when I was fourteen. I started this RPG back when I was thirteen, I believe, and it had been a blast to play with my players.

Now that I'm almost eighteen (at the time of this OP), maybe I want to give this another try.

If you are aware of what I do here in the forums (and I really mean, aware. So skip past if you don't know anything about me):

[My ideas are all fizzed out at the moment. I will continue to update, though it DEFINITELY will be infrequent. What I'm sure, though, is that The Superhuman requires more improvisation than my own story. So it takes less of an effort, not that it detracts from how much I want to host this game.]

---

"A human figure rose and fell, its chest swelling slightly. It looked up, not knowing what it would look at in this darkness. Then a voice spoke into its head, and the figure screamed out, its body writhing in pain.

The figure stepped out into the light. It breathed in..

And something small fell out of its womb.

And it breathed out. It smiled and more fell from its body.

And more.

And more."

"You kiddin' me?"

A thirteen-year-old boy jumped in shock, as he looked at the source of the voice that startled him.

A woman, sat opposite him, stared at him with a quizzical and mocking look.

"That's how the first superhuman came to be?" said the woman.

The boy nodded fervently. "Yes! You've gotta believe me!"

"This is ****ing ridiculous."

The woman stepped out as the boy continued to shout, pleading for her approval. She slammed the door behind and shook her head. She looked around, the city bustling about her.

Superhumans were everywhere. She saw a few men and women in a construction site, lifting fifteen-metre bars of metal in each hand, walking about. The woman could hear chattering and laughter among them.

Cars streaked by in front of her, but there were many, racing past the cars. A lot of them wore business suits, T-shirts, shorts, jeans. Normal people, she thought.

She heard a booming voice coming from her left. She turned and looked as the glass walls of the town hall burst into shards as the mayor stepped out to view, red fury in his face. She heard a sigh coming from behind the mayor as the glass shards floated back to where they originally were.

The woman heard another scream, something ten times softer than the booming voice, coming from in front of her as a man in black snatched a woman's purse away. The man looked back, summoned a flicker of flame and threw a ball of fire at the woman. She ducked out of the way and sent her hand out. The man grunted as his grip on the purse loosened. He put his hands to the sides of his head and screamed in agonizing pain. The woman picked her purse up and fired a shimmering wave of force at the man, knocking him towards the road.

Where did they come from? she thought.

---

I hope the story above can explain the setting and tone of this whole RPG.

Now, I allow as many players as possible. I will try to keep track of everyone, but I need to have you do something for me. First off, fill it this sheet.

Name: (Insert)
Sex: Male/Female
Superpower: (Anything within reason)
---
Biography: (Please keep it concise. I can't read walls and walls of text. It should include your past, personality and how you came to be in the present.)
---
Level: 1
XP: 0/20
---
HP: 20/20

Then, what I type below your sheet, please quote it and post it. I will also do the same for you.

---

I hope I can update once every day. I will try my best.

• 721 Replies
Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

Name: Donary Trunton
Sex: Trans-man
Superpower: Spoon manipulation
---
Biography: Was kicked out of high school from his extreme spoon fetish. After being kicked out, he stupidly jumped down a well and became unconscious. It was when he woke up that he found himself with his unusual power of spoon manipulation. When he returned to the surface using spoons as picks, he immediately got a job at the local cafe as a dishwasher.
---
XP: 2/20
---
HP: 7/20
---
Inventory:
Butterfly knife
Phone
6 spoons

At this point I'm running out of options, so I grab the guy and force him on the ground, the butterfly knife at his throat(because no one will be as terrified with a spoon). "What do you want from me?!" I yell. "Why are you using these people to hunt me down?!"

You forced him to the ground.

"Wha-"

"What do you want from me?!" you yelled. "Why are you using these people to hunt me down?!"

"What do you mean?!" the manager said. "I'm just the manager here. You guys are the one barging into the shop with violence."

By this time, you heard a door swung open behind you and felt a burning hot sensation at your back.

(-3 HP)

You turned to see the two men, one clutching onto the wound you've made and the other with blazing eyes. The pretty woman walked over and said, "Hon', get off of him and come with me. I promise you that you will not come to harm if you comply."

The manager you attacked was just doing his job in the shop. The attackers were separate from him.

===

Name: Axorez
Sex: Male
Superpower: Ice Magic
---
Biography: In the past, he lived with his moderate family whose parents work as farmers. He discovered his superpower while playing hide-and-seek in his school with his friends. He made ice in the ground. Fortunately, he was hiding in an empty room and tried to melt it, which worked. No one discovered it. He is responsible, often putting himself at fault, and moderately kind. He lacks self confidence. Present day, he's a 9th grade student doing fine.
---
XP: 1/20
---
HP: 16/20

"Right away!" I went to take the bandages at where we store medical supplies in our house, then come back to give it to dad, running.

You rushed to where medical supplies were stored.

Wait, what? Where is it? you thought.

You spent about a minute trying to search when you found a first aid kit. You opened it, and it was empty. The kit was old and worn out, like it was bought a decade ago.

When you called out to your dad that the kit was empty, your dad gritted his teeth and looked like what he was about to do was regretful. He went over to your mom and lifted up a finger, red and hot to the touch. He looked at you for a brief moment, not knowing whether to cauterize it or not.

===

Name: Hephaestus
Superpower: Ash Mimicry
---
Biography: Formerly named Tom, he grew up in the city to a working class family. He learned the trade of metalworking and has been employed by the biggest steel works of the city ever since. His power was revealed several years ago when he survived a tragic accident that cost two of his coworkers their lives. Triggered accidentally at first, he quickly learned to control his abilities at will thanks to his stoic and obstinate nature, and subsequently adopted the name Hephaestus.
---
---
HP: 18/20
---
Inventory:
Torchlight
Water bottle
Some snacks
First aid kit

"Your little goblin killed at least two people!", I almost shout.

"Right", I say a bit calmer, "I know where it is, or where they'll know about it. Just a second." I prepare myself to go out again, and lead the old man to the police station. The corpse of the goblin is likely at the morgue; the police will know, and will certainly be interested to talk to the old man. I just hope I will be allowed to stay and find out more about this strange matter.

The old man stayed silent as you mentioned the killings.

"Right", you said a bit calmer, "I know where it is, or where they'll know about it. Just a second."

He shivered slightly. "I should've kept an eye on him. He was a brilliant boy."

"Please," the man said. "Let me see the goblin."

You packed up and headed to the police station with him. You knew that the station was about a ten-minute walk from your house. You saw the old man walking with you, and he seemed fine all the way. As you got to the police station and asked for the goblin's body, the policeman in charge outright refused your request.

"I WANT TO SEE MY SON!"

The old man cried out. The policeman stepped back slightly, but still refused your request.

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

---
Biography: In the past, he lived with his moderate family whose parents work as farmers. He discovered his superpower while playing hide-and-seek in his school with his friends. He made ice in the ground. Fortunately, he was hiding in an empty room and tried to melt it, which worked. No one discovered it. He is responsible, often putting himself at fault, and moderately kind. He lacks self confidence. Present day, he's a 9th grade student doing fine.
---
---

I keep silent.

Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

Name: John Steele
Superpower: Active Healing
---
Biography: I lived with my mother and sisters and I grew up close to the forest so me and my sisters would usually go adventuring, but one day I fell down a side of a cliff and broke my leg, but as my sisters were trying to find a way down to me I saw my leg start to form itself back into what it previously looked like. That's when I found out about my power and after that I did a good deal of working out in the gym. Nothing to fancy, just simple weights and a self defense class every now and again. I have kept my power hidden, so that I can live a regular life, and today I work at a burger joint as one of the cooks.
---
XP: 3/20
---
HP: 19/20

(Da Fudge is up with this town xD)

I don't know. Hehe.

I try to run behind cover and get away from the man with the blow darts, but I attempt to fight the naked man with the spear, first trying to take the spear

You got behind cover and fought with the naked man. He lunged his spear, and you barely dodged out of the way, the spear creating a superficial wound on your side.

(-1 HP)

But as the naked man tried to pull the spear away, you reacted quickly enough and took the spear from him. At the corner of your eye, you noticed the blowdart man coming around the tree, which was your cover and took aim.

The naked man in front of you seemed shocked and scared now.

===

---
---
---

I keep silent.

You didn't manage to stay silent as your father stuck his finger into your mother's open wound. There were screams coming from you and your mother.

A few moments later, the ambulance and police had come with screeching tyres. Paramedics started to roll out of the ambulance and took your mother. Your father was raising his hands, explaining himself. You waited outside as one of the policemen talked to you about the incident. You ran him through, and as you did, you saw the man with the metal skin looking at you. He didn't seem to notice that you saw him.

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

---
---
---

(Does the police notice the man?)
If yes, i keep alert and stay there.
If no, i tell them.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

---
Biography: Formerly named Tom, he grew up in the city to a working class family. He learned the trade of metalworking and has been employed by the biggest steel works of the city ever since. His power was revealed several years ago when he survived a tragic accident that cost two of his coworkers their lives. Triggered accidentally at first, he quickly learned to control his abilities at will thanks to his stoic and obstinate nature, and subsequently adopted the name Hephaestus.
---
---
---
Inventory:
Torchlight
Water bottle
Some snacks
First aid kit

The old man stayed silent as you mentioned the killings.
"Right", you said a bit calmer, "I know where it is, or where they'll know about it. Just a second."
He shivered slightly. "I should've kept an eye on him. He was a brilliant boy."
"Please," the man said. "Let me see the goblin."
You packed up and headed to the police station with him. You knew that the station was about a ten-minute walk from your house. You saw the old man walking with you, and he seemed fine all the way. As you got to the police station and asked for the goblin's body, the policeman in charge outright refused your request.
"I WANT TO SEE MY SON!"
The old man cried out. The policeman stepped back slightly, but still refused your request.

For a moment I just look at the old man, unsure whether I heard him right. Then I manage to say,
"That... goblin, was your son?"
Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

---
---
---

(Does the police notice the man?)
If yes, i keep alert and stay there.
If no, i tell them.

You.. don't know, actually.

You told the policeman about him and he turned to look before the man sprinted up to him, surprisingly quickly, and landed a punch straight in his temple. He was knocked unconscious.

The man now sent another punch at you, whom you screamed out and notified everyone, though you had time to do one thing.

===

---
---
---
---
Inventory:
Torchlight
Water bottle
Some snacks
First aid kit

For a moment I just look at the old man, unsure whether I heard him right. Then I manage to say,
"That... goblin, was your son?"

The old man ignored you and demanded that he'd see his son. He was causing quite a ruckus before you saw a familiar policeman arrive at the counter.

"Yes?" Matthew said, as he came to look at you. "Oh, Hephaestus. Your dad here wants to see the goblin thing..?"

You could see that he was slightly excited to see you, but any mention of the goblin immediately brought him down. Matt went to talk to the policeman at the counter. The man seemed suspicious and untrusting, but he nodded. Matt unlocked the gate behind and beckoned both of you forward and headed to the stairs.

The three of you walked a few flights of stairs before coming to the morgue. The smell of death instantly hit you. It felt like a warm, musty hospital here except it was filled with dead bodies. You walked down the corridor, looking at the rooms to your left and right. Black body bags were arranged neatly in lockers. Some of them were empty, but you could see a few opened. The old man seemed vigilant and unconcerned about everything except his supposed son.

As you reached the end of the corridor, you turned to your right and saw the headless goblin, laying on a bed.

"FLEM!"

The old man rushed towards it, Matt too slow to catch him back, and pushed aside the coroner who was hunched over to look at the body. He overbalanced and fell, knocking his head on the locker.

"HEY! You can't be here!"

The coroner stretched his arm, becoming longer than its original length, towards the old man to try and grapple the old man. But the old man brought his arms towards the coroner's arms and did a flurry of movements. The coroner shouted as part of his arms fell, cut from the rest of his body.

Matt sparked his hands, ready to defend himself.

===

---
Biography: I lived with my mother and sisters and I grew up close to the forest so me and my sisters would usually go adventuring, but one day I fell down a side of a cliff and broke my leg, but as my sisters were trying to find a way down to me I saw my leg start to form itself back into what it previously looked like. That's when I found out about my power and after that I did a good deal of working out in the gym. Nothing to fancy, just simple weights and a self defense class every now and again. I have kept my power hidden, so that I can live a regular life, and today I work at a burger joint as one of the cooks.
---
---

I attempt to throw the spear at the blowdart man before he shoots at me, once I throw the spear I get some distance away from the unarmed naked man

You threw the spear at the blowdart man, but it missed by a few inches as he moved out of the way, seemingly surprised at the throw. He brought up his blowdart again and aimed as you backed away from the naked man.

"John!"

You heard your name shouted from a distance and you recognised your sister's voice, Sarah, as she sprinted towards the blowdart man, who was oblivious to her, and performed a chokehold on him, bringing her right arm towards the man. The arm exploded in light, far brighter than you'd ever seen. It almost looked like day from here. The naked man turned around to look, prying his attention away from you.

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

---
---
---

You told the policeman about him and he turned to look before the man sprinted up to him, surprisingly quickly, and landed a punch straight in his temple. He was knocked unconscious.

The man now sent another punch at you, whom you screamed out and notified everyone, though you had time to do one thing.

I fire an ice bolt in an attempt to catch him off-balance.

Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

---
---
---

I fire an ice bolt in an attempt to catch him off-balance.

You fired an ice bolt. It went halfway into his stomach before he stopped and fell to the side.

(2 XP)

The other policemen noticed and started to surround the hurt metal man and cuffed his hands. You noticed his wrists glowing a bright purple as he was carried away.

Your father rushed up to you and hugged you tightly.

"You stupid!" your dad said, sighing. "You did it to defend yourself. It's fine, I'm sorry."

You both sat there for a minute until he turned around and grabbed your hand.

"C'mon. Your mother needs us right now."

Both of you sat in the ambulance on the way to the hospital. On the way, you noticed one of the paramedics laying her hands on your mother's wound. Her hands glowed a dull green, but it didn't seem to have an effect on the wound.

As you reached the hospital, you and your father waited for a while. Both of you would walk and buy a few cans of drinks. Your dad, in particular, loved coffee and bought two cans of coffee for himself. He bought you (your choice of drink) as well. As the both of you sat outside the surgery room, you noticed a plump-looking man walking your way. You recognised him as your principal.

"Yes! Axorez!" the man said as he came to shake your father's hand. "You are his father, I presume?"

He nodded, but the man seemed more interested in you.

"Do you know the ones that assaulted-"

"Sir, please," your father said. "Don't discuss this here right now. My boy's been through a rough moment. Please spare-"

"I'm sorry, but this is important to the utmost degree. I need to speak to your son-"

"Please. Stop-"

You saw both men arguing and you sensed that it was going to be more intense.

===

---
---
---

I kick him in the back of his leg so he drops to one knee and put him in a headlock and attempt to knock him out

You kicked him in the back of his knee. It buckled under his weight and he fell, his knee scraping the dirt. As you brought him to a headlock, you knew you were going to win this.

Then you felt something rising behind his back, and you felt something sharp poking at your chest. You had just backed away, and you saw a bone the shape of a shark fin rising from his back. He turned towards you, his face now warped with bone. His teeth grew, twirling around and out of his mouth. You noticed the skin of his wrists tearing, blood seeping through the wounds, as bone started to grow out of them.

"Handidi kuita izvi."

He stared at you before rushing to swing his new bone blade from his wrists.

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

---
---
---

You fired an ice bolt. It went halfway into his stomach before he stopped and fell to the side.

(2 XP)

The other policemen noticed and started to surround the hurt metal man and cuffed his hands. You noticed his wrists glowing a bright purple as he was carried away.

Your father rushed up to you and hugged you tightly.

"You stupid!" your dad said, sighing. "You did it to defend yourself. It's fine, I'm sorry."

You both sat there for a minute until he turned around and grabbed your hand.

"C'mon. Your mother needs us right now."

Both of you sat in the ambulance on the way to the hospital. On the way, you noticed one of the paramedics laying her hands on your mother's wound. Her hands glowed a dull green, but it didn't seem to have an effect on the wound.

As you reached the hospital, you and your father waited for a while. Both of you would walk and buy a few cans of drinks. Your dad, in particular, loved coffee and bought two cans of coffee for himself. He bought you (your choice of drink) as well. As the both of you sat outside the surgery room, you noticed a plump-looking man walking your way. You recognised him as your principal.

"Yes! Axorez!" the man said as he came to shake your father's hand. "You are his father, I presume?"

He nodded, but the man seemed more interested in you.

"Do you know the ones that assaulted-"

"Sir, please," your father said. "Don't discuss this here right now. My boy's been through a rough moment. Please spare-"

"I'm sorry, but this is important to the utmost degree. I need to speak to your son-"

"Please. Stop-"

You saw both men arguing and you sensed that it was going to be more intense.

(Choice of drink: Canned tea)

"Uh... Please stop arguing." I say trying to resolve the situation.

Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

---
---
---

(Choice of drink: Canned tea)

"Uh... Please stop arguing." I say trying to resolve the situation.

"Yes," the principal said. "We need to stop arguing, and I need to talk to your son-"

"I said no. Now, can you back off?" your father said as his hands glowed a hot red.

The principal eyed his hands and produced hot hands of his own. It was very confusing how the people you saw as power figures were now rivaling each other. "I don't think you'd want to try."

You, being the observer, noticed their eyes beginning to glow red as well.

===

---
---
---

I back away and attempt to get near the spear

The spear that you threw? It's about forty-five feet away or so.

You backed away as the man swung. Fortunately, he was slow when it came to using his superpower. You noticed that bone kept growing and growing, never stopping. You saw his fingernails starting to grow longer than two weeks' worth of nails.

You sidestepped and circled around the man to the spear.

From Sarah's end, you saw that the man was clutching onto his face, grunting over and over because of the pain. Sarah was now looking at the bony man, probably thinking about what she should do.

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

---
---
---

Seems like it's a futile attempt... What can i do? I think.

Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

---
---
---

I instead rush over to Sarah and tell her to let him go and grab his blow dart, but also continue to shine the light in his eyes. We get some distance from them and both try to get to the spear so we have both weapons

You told Sarah to grab the blowdart and she nodded. As you went to grab the spear, you felt a stinging pain run up your back and warmth seeping out.

(-6 HP)

You gasped and turned, seeing that it was the man's wristbones that cut you. His bones had grown a lot longer than two seconds ago. His wristbones were about a feet each. You grabbed the spear and huddled with your sister. The blowdart man was now blind, unable to even locate where his weapon went. Sarah was holding onto the blowpipe like a stick, as she had no real ammunition for it.

The bone man lunged at you.

===

---
---
---

Seems like it's a futile attempt... What can i do? I think.

Indeed. What can you do?

You saw their hands turn redder, until the principal's hands were on fire. Your father's haven't, and he took a step back.

"If you know what is best for you, you would stop," the principal said. "You don't want your son to see this, don't you?"

Your father hesitated for a moment, opening his mouth but nothing coming out. He let out a deep breath and his hands turned back to normal.

"Good. Now, may I speak to your son? It will be quick, I promise."

He walked up to you without looking back at your father.

"Now, Axorez. Do you know what the metal man's name is?"

You shook your head, uncertain what he was going to ask next.

"Do you know that he's going to come for you as long as he lives?"

You heard a shout coming from your father and a rush of red hit the principal across his face, almost burning yours too. The principal was knocked to the side, his hand going up to his face. He wasn't burned, as expected, but it did leave some sort of damage on him. His hands turned into flames in an instant.

"Are you sure about this?" the principal said without waiting for an answer.

They both threw fire at each other.

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

---
---
---

Indeed. What can you do?

You saw their hands turn redder, until the principal's hands were on fire. Your father's haven't, and he took a step back.

"If you know what is best for you, you would stop," the principal said. "You don't want your son to see this, don't you?"

Your father hesitated for a moment, opening his mouth but nothing coming out. He let out a deep breath and his hands turned back to normal.

"Good. Now, may I speak to your son? It will be quick, I promise."

He walked up to you without looking back at your father.

"Now, Axorez. Do you know what the metal man's name is?"

You shook your head, uncertain what he was going to ask next.

"Do you know that he's going to come for you as long as he lives?"

You heard a shout coming from your father and a rush of red hit the principal across his face, almost burning yours too. The principal was knocked to the side, his hand going up to his face. He wasn't burned, as expected, but it did leave some sort of damage on him. His hands turned into flames in an instant.

"Are you sure about this?" the principal said without waiting for an answer.

They both threw fire at each other.

This is not good. Or rather, this is bad. I think. I try to call the security of the hospital, it's for the good of the hospital... It might be better than ending up with a burning hospital.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

---
Biography: Was kicked out of high school from his extreme spoon fetish. After being kicked out, he stupidly jumped down a well and became unconscious. It was when he woke up that he found himself with his unusual power of spoon manipulation. When he returned to the surface using spoons as picks, he immediately got a job at the local cafe as a dishwasher.
---
---
---
Inventory:
Butterfly knife
Phone
6 spoons

I get up and brush off any dust and dirt off of my clothes.

"And why should I trust you, lady?" I ask.

Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

---
---
---
HP: 13/20

This is not good. Or rather, this is bad. I think. I try to call the security of the hospital, it's for the good of the hospital... It might be better than ending up with a burning hospital.

Security, you thought.

You looked around, trying to see if you could call for someone. You heard something sizzling from behind and felt a burning sensation at your back.

(-3 HP)

You turned and saw that the principal had thrown a fireball too big, and it ended up burning you too. Your father looked at you with confusion, then back to the principal with vile contempt. You had to move away as you saw your father's form turn into something magnificent. You saw the form of a bear, its body made of fire.

The bear charged forward, knocking into the principal as though the fire form was solid throughout. As you saw this happening, you glanced at an officer rushing towards the scene with a baton.

In the back of your mind, there was a voice that said, "Should I do something?"

===

---
---
---

I hold out the spear hoping to hit him in the chest to at least vault him over using his weight as leverage.

You held your spear out and you heard a squishing sound as you saw the man in front, impaled by the spear. He looked down at the shaft, broke it and held the remaining portion with both hands. He never gave an indication that he was hurt, but he fell down in front of you, the shaft pushing its way further into his chest.

The blind man was still being a blind man.

===

---
---
---
---
Inventory:
Butterfly knife
Phone
6 spoons

Welcome back!

I get up and brush off any dust and dirt off of my clothes.

"And why should I trust you, lady?" I ask.

"Because," the woman said, brandishing her fingers. "You won't wanna know what I would do to you."

You looked at her fingers as they momentarily flashed a green colour. You didn't know what that meant, but you knew it was bad.

The bat man was still angry with you; the only reason he was holding back was because the pyro guy placed his hand on his shoulder.

Showing 76-90 of 721