ForumsForum GamesThe Superhuman RPG (2016)

721 165559
Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

I allow as many players as possible. Registrations are open!

Now...

Does.. Does anyone remember The Superhuman RPG? Way back about 4 years ago?

I admit, I didn't think I would be opening this game again. But then I think of the fun I had hosting it when I was fourteen. I started this RPG back when I was thirteen, I believe, and it had been a blast to play with my players.

Now that I'm almost eighteen (at the time of this OP), maybe I want to give this another try.

If you are aware of what I do here in the forums (and I really mean, aware. So skip past if you don't know anything about me):

[My ideas are all fizzed out at the moment. I will continue to update, though it DEFINITELY will be infrequent. What I'm sure, though, is that The Superhuman requires more improvisation than my own story. So it takes less of an effort, not that it detracts from how much I want to host this game.]

---

"A human figure rose and fell, its chest swelling slightly. It looked up, not knowing what it would look at in this darkness. Then a voice spoke into its head, and the figure screamed out, its body writhing in pain.

The figure stepped out into the light. It breathed in..

And something small fell out of its womb.

And it breathed out. It smiled and more fell from its body.

And more.

And more."

"You kiddin' me?"

A thirteen-year-old boy jumped in shock, as he looked at the source of the voice that startled him.

A woman, sat opposite him, stared at him with a quizzical and mocking look.

"That's how the first superhuman came to be?" said the woman.

The boy nodded fervently. "Yes! You've gotta believe me!"

"This is ****ing ridiculous."

The woman stepped out as the boy continued to shout, pleading for her approval. She slammed the door behind and shook her head. She looked around, the city bustling about her.

Superhumans were everywhere. She saw a few men and women in a construction site, lifting fifteen-metre bars of metal in each hand, walking about. The woman could hear chattering and laughter among them.

Cars streaked by in front of her, but there were many, racing past the cars. A lot of them wore business suits, T-shirts, shorts, jeans. Normal people, she thought.

She heard a booming voice coming from her left. She turned and looked as the glass walls of the town hall burst into shards as the mayor stepped out to view, red fury in his face. She heard a sigh coming from behind the mayor as the glass shards floated back to where they originally were.

The woman heard another scream, something ten times softer than the booming voice, coming from in front of her as a man in black snatched a woman's purse away. The man looked back, summoned a flicker of flame and threw a ball of fire at the woman. She ducked out of the way and sent her hand out. The man grunted as his grip on the purse loosened. He put his hands to the sides of his head and screamed in agonizing pain. The woman picked her purse up and fired a shimmering wave of force at the man, knocking him towards the road.

Where did they come from? she thought.

---

I hope the story above can explain the setting and tone of this whole RPG.

Now, I allow as many players as possible. I will try to keep track of everyone, but I need to have you do something for me. First off, fill it this sheet.

Name: (Insert)
Sex: Male/Female
Superpower: (Anything within reason)
---
Biography: (Please keep it concise. I can't read walls and walls of text. It should include your past, personality and how you came to be in the present.)
---
Level: 1
XP: 0/20
---
HP: 20/20

Then, what I type below your sheet, please quote it and post it. I will also do the same for you.

---

I hope I can update once every day. I will try my best.

• 721 Replies
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Name: Donary Trunton
Sex: Trans-man
Superpower: Spoon manipulation
---
Biography: Was kicked out of high school from his extreme spoon fetish. After being kicked out, he stupidly jumped down a well and became unconscious. It was when he woke up that he found himself with his unusual power of spoon manipulation. When he returned to the surface using spoons as picks, he immediately got a job at the local cafe as a dishwasher.
---
XP: 2/20
---
HP: 7/20
---
Inventory:
Butterfly knife
Phone
6 spoons

"You're all a bunch of freaks." I mumble under my breath. "Fine I'll follow you... but if I see any of you coming at me I won't be afraid to scoop out your eyes." I point at the bat man. "Especially you."

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

Name: Axorez
Sex: Male
Superpower: Ice Magic
---
Biography: In the past, he lived with his moderate family whose parents work as farmers. He discovered his superpower while playing hide-and-seek in his school with his friends. He made ice in the ground. Fortunately, he was hiding in an empty room and tried to melt it, which worked. No one discovered it. He is responsible, often putting himself at fault, and moderately kind. He lacks self confidence. Present day, he's a 9th grade student doing fine.
---
XP: 3/20
---
HP: 13/20

I see what the officer does before acting.

Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

---
Biography: Was kicked out of high school from his extreme spoon fetish. After being kicked out, he stupidly jumped down a well and became unconscious. It was when he woke up that he found himself with his unusual power of spoon manipulation. When he returned to the surface using spoons as picks, he immediately got a job at the local cafe as a dishwasher.
---
---
---
Inventory:
Butterfly knife
Phone
6 spoons

"You're all a bunch of freaks." I mumble under my breath. "Fine I'll follow you... but if I see any of you coming at me I won't be afraid to scoop out your eyes." I point at the bat man. "Especially you."

"Let's go," the lady said, ignoring your remark though you saw the bat man fuming. "Boss wants to see you."

You moved out of the shop and walked across a few blocks without talking. As you came to an alleyway, you saw graffiti on the walls, clearly stating things like '**** THE POLICE!!' and 'CO**'. The woman abruptly stopped and you jerked to a halt. You didn't see anything in particular that would stop the woman when she tapped on the floor two times. Then two more. Then two more.

You heard a rumble beneath you and saw your form shift and become transparent. You went through the ground and landed in a room. You were looking around, confused. As you did, you saw two chairs opposite each other, separated by a table. Suddenly two hands grabbed onto your shoulders and pushed you down to the chair. The woman went around the table and sat on the chair opposite you.

"Now," the woman said. "Tell me about your boss."

(Only requisite is that your boss is bossy. Feel free to describe your boss.)

===

---
Biography: In the past, he lived with his moderate family whose parents work as farmers. He discovered his superpower while playing hide-and-seek in his school with his friends. He made ice in the ground. Fortunately, he was hiding in an empty room and tried to melt it, which worked. No one discovered it. He is responsible, often putting himself at fault, and moderately kind. He lacks self confidence. Present day, he's a 9th grade student doing fine.
---
---

I see what the officer does before acting.

The officer rushed towards the two and started shouting at them to stop. They obviously didn't listen as the principal pushed back the bear while screaming in pain. You noticed his hands become slightly red and swollen. He threw a fireball at the bear, but the officer threw his baton at it, causing the fireball to dissipate in the air.

The principal now looked at the officer before the fire bear rammed into him again. You noticed the baton returning to the officer as he threw the baton again at the bear. It hit the bear and its form dissipated too. You saw your father look at himself and turn to the officer.

It seemed like a misunderstanding as the officer went to strike at your father.

===

Name: John Steele
Superpower: Active Healing
---
Biography: I lived with my mother and sisters and I grew up close to the forest so me and my sisters would usually go adventuring, but one day I fell down a side of a cliff and broke my leg, but as my sisters were trying to find a way down to me I saw my leg start to form itself back into what it previously looked like. That's when I found out about my power and after that I did a good deal of working out in the gym. Nothing to fancy, just simple weights and a self defense class every now and again. I have kept my power hidden, so that I can live a regular life, and today I work at a burger joint as one of the cooks.
---
XP: 6/20
---
HP: 19/20

Me and Sarah run home to safety

You ran from the blind man back to home.

(3 XP) [I forgot to award you this.]

As you sat on the same chair, you saw your mother cleaning up the place. You felt really tired, and so did your sister.

"I'm gonna go to bed," Sarah said. "You should too."

She headed off to her room, dragging her feet behind her.

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

---
---
---

The officer rushed towards the two and started shouting at them to stop. They obviously didn't listen as the principal pushed back the bear while screaming in pain. You noticed his hands become slightly red and swollen. He threw a fireball at the bear, but the officer threw his baton at it, causing the fireball to dissipate in the air.

The principal now looked at the officer before the fire bear rammed into him again. You noticed the baton returning to the officer as he threw the baton again at the bear. It hit the bear and its form dissipated too. You saw your father look at himself and turn to the officer.

It seemed like a misunderstanding as the officer went to strike at your father.

I try to stop the officer.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Name: Hephaestus
Superpower: Ash Mimicry
---
Biography: Formerly named Tom, he grew up in the city to a working class family. He learned the trade of metalworking and has been employed by the biggest steel works of the city ever since. His power was revealed several years ago when he survived a tragic accident that cost two of his coworkers their lives. Triggered accidentally at first, he quickly learned to control his abilities at will thanks to his stoic and obstinate nature, and subsequently adopted the name Hephaestus.
---
---
HP: 18/20
---
Inventory:
Torchlight
Water bottle
Some snacks
First aid kit

The old man ignored you and demanded that he'd see his son. He was causing quite a ruckus before you saw a familiar policeman arrive at the counter.
"Yes?" Matthew said, as he came to look at you. "Oh, Hephaestus. Your dad here wants to see the goblin thing..?"
You could see that he was slightly excited to see you, but any mention of the goblin immediately brought him down. Matt went to talk to the policeman at the counter. The man seemed suspicious and untrusting, but he nodded. Matt unlocked the gate behind and beckoned both of you forward and headed to the stairs.
The three of you walked a few flights of stairs before coming to the morgue. The smell of death instantly hit you. It felt like a warm, musty hospital here except it was filled with dead bodies. You walked down the corridor, looking at the rooms to your left and right. Black body bags were arranged neatly in lockers. Some of them were empty, but you could see a few opened. The old man seemed vigilant and unconcerned about everything except his supposed son.
As you reached the end of the corridor, you turned to your right and saw the headless goblin, laying on a bed.
"FLEM!"
The old man rushed towards it, Matt too slow to catch him back, and pushed aside the coroner who was hunched over to look at the body. He overbalanced and fell, knocking his head on the locker.
"HEY! You can't be here!"
The coroner stretched his arm, becoming longer than its original length, towards the old man to try and grapple the old man. But the old man brought his arms towards the coroner's arms and did a flurry of movements. The coroner shouted as part of his arms fell, cut from the rest of his body.
Matt sparked his hands, ready to defend himself.

Feeling helpless, I look at Matt. "Sorry, I shouldn't have brought him here", I say. "Do you need help or should I go alert your colleagues?"
Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

---
---
---

I try to stop the officer.

Well, how are you going to do it? Specifics, Stratos. I need specifics.

===

---
Biography: I lived with my mother and sisters and I grew up close to the forest so me and my sisters would usually go adventuring, but one day I fell down a side of a cliff and broke my leg, but as my sisters were trying to find a way down to me I saw my leg start to form itself back into what it previously looked like. That's when I found out about my power and after that I did a good deal of working out in the gym. Nothing to fancy, just simple weights and a self defense class every now and again. I have kept my power hidden, so that I can live a regular life, and today I work at a burger joint as one of the cooks.
---
---

I head to bed after telling mom goodnight

You went to say your mom goodnight, and she looked at you with concern.

"You need to stay out of trouble," your mother said. "Alright?"

You nodded and smiled at her before going to bed.

You saw this long creature, about to rush after you.

You woke up, drenched in sweat. You took a while before your breathing slowed to a normal rate. Seeing the creature had certainly given you a nightmare, though mild.

You calmed down and headed downstairs. Your mother had already prepared breakfast for you and your two sisters. Sarah was halfway through while Jamie sat there, playing with her food with a fork.

You ate, said goodbye and headed to work. You noticed that you were slightly earlier than the rest. As you prepared the shop for its customers, you saw your colleagues walking in, saying hello and started for work. You didn't see your boss come in, but suddenly he was to your left in the kitchen, scolding one of your coworkers.

===

Name: Bob Smith
Superpower:Most cancers.
---
Biography:Bob Smith used to be a smart man,he never had many friends, so he took up the hobby of experimenting, he did the basic stuff such as toying with insects and so on and so forth, however he always felt a strong impulse to test the effects of radiation on things such as mice, so he created nuclear reactor alone,he was aware of it's effects so he took care around it, but he failed to contain it properly and the radiation reached him aswell, day by day went by as Bob Smith got extreme doses of radiation , he never turned the reactors off, he was eventually diagnosed with a lot of different types of cancers and had his property cleansed, he continued with his life normally, but he was slightly saddened by the fact, he eventually ended up in a hospital bed, due to the high radiation he had received, he had little intact DNA inside him, causing him to become extremely weak and look like a decomposing corpse, he could still talk and eat however, but nobody would come to visit him because of that, he eventually felt death approaching.
---
Level: 6
---
HP: 0.5/52

Right...

Is there anything you want to do on your hospital bed?

===

---
Biography: Formerly named Tom, he grew up in the city to a working class family. He learned the trade of metalworking and has been employed by the biggest steel works of the city ever since. His power was revealed several years ago when he survived a tragic accident that cost two of his coworkers their lives. Triggered accidentally at first, he quickly learned to control his abilities at will thanks to his stoic and obstinate nature, and subsequently adopted the name Hephaestus.
---
---
---
Inventory:
Torchlight
Water bottle
Some snacks
First aid kit

Welcome back!

Feeling helpless, I look at Matt. "Sorry, I shouldn't have brought him here", I say. "Do you need help or should I go alert your colleagues?"

"Sorry, I shouldn't have brought him here-"

As you said that, Matt pressed into his walkie talkie, calling for backup. He then shot a streak of lightning at the old man, hitting him square in the back. He fell forward, breaking his nose along the way and leaving a small pool of blood from his head.

"We need to stay away," Matt said, bringing you back about ten feet. The old man slowly got up and turned to look at you. His face was bloody and broken now but you could still see the anger in his eyes.

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

---
---
---

Urp specifics. I've never been too well with those.

I try to stop the officer by holding him and trying to explain the situation.

(Specific enough?)

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

---
---
---
---
Inventory:
Butterfly knife
Phone
6 spoons

I clear my throat. "Well, he seemed like a good guy. Sometimes he let me take a spoon each week. Although I usually take more than one." I whisper the last part. "He always told me what to do but I guess that comes with the job of being a boss. Although I haven't been seeing him much lately, maybe its because I haven't been paying much attention." I yawn. "And that's pretty much all I care to tell you."

Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

---
---
---

Urp specifics. I've never been too well with those.

Get right on it! You're going to need more than an ice bolt to solve your problems.

I try to stop the officer by holding him and trying to explain the situation.

You held the officer back, his baton missing your father. He looked towards you and pushed you off, saying, "Hey, what the hell are you doing?!"

Your father stood there, staring at the principal with a gut-wrenching hatred.

"I'm going to report this," your father said.

As he turned to look at you, you noticed your principal forming a green fire in his hand.

===

---
---
---

I go through my day of work thinking about what had happened the day before and about the places I should go to find a small weapon that I can carry around with me

Small weapons.. Small weapons.. you thought.

You could steal the kitchen knife or the broom. Or a pen.

"JOHN!"

You were startled as the source of your boss's voice hit you. You glanced over and saw your boss, fuming and hot red.

"WAS IT YOU? YOU LEFT THE ****ING FREEZER ROOM OPEN."

===

---
---
---
HP: 12/20
---
Inventory:
Butterfly knife
Phone
6 spoons

I clear my throat. "Well, he seemed like a good guy. Sometimes he let me take a spoon each week. Although I usually take more than one." I whisper the last part. "He always told me what to do but I guess that comes with the job of being a boss. Although I haven't been seeing him much lately, maybe its because I haven't been paying much attention." I yawn. "And that's pretty much all I care to tell you."

(+5 HP)

I'm pretty sure your wounds are getting better and better by the hour.

"That's all?" the woman asked. "Does he know anything about us?"

The bat man in particular was clearly annoyed by your nonchalance and how you sounded smug by the end.

"Ma'am," the bat man spoke up. "Can I hit him?"

The woman instantly brought her hand up, shooting a small spray of green at his torso. It splashed across him and he screamed, rubbing his chest.

"Please. I promised this gentleman here no harm."

"Now," the woman looked back at you. "Does he know anything about Pulse?"

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

---
---
---
---
Inventory:
Torchlight
Water bottle
Some snacks
First aid kit

"Sorry, I shouldn't have brought him here-"
As you said that, Matt pressed into his walkie talkie, calling for backup. He then shot a streak of lightning at the old man, hitting him square in the back. He fell forward, breaking his nose along the way and leaving a small pool of blood from his head.
"We need to stay away," Matt said, bringing you back about ten feet. The old man slowly got up and turned to look at you. His face was bloody and broken now but you could still see the anger in his eyes.

I summon my ashen carapace and take a defensive stance, observing the old man's every movement and ready to react.
Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

---
---
---

Get right on it! You're going to need more than an ice bolt to solve your problems.

Hey, i have no time to train my skills yet. I don't want to get metal fisted by failing to fire a constant ice beam.

You held the officer back, his baton missing your father. He looked towards you and pushed you off, saying, "Hey, what the hell are you doing?!"

Your father stood there, staring at the principal with a gut-wrenching hatred.

"I'm going to report this," your father said.

As he turned to look at you, you noticed your principal forming a green fire in his hand.

"Can't you resolve it more peacefully? I'll help." I say to the guard.
(Please do the next turn slower so i can act in the middle of it :P )

Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

---
---
---
---
Inventory:
Torchlight
Water bottle
Some snacks
First aid kit

I summon my ashen carapace and take a defensive stance, observing the old man's every movement and ready to react.

You summoned your ashen armour and stood, ready for the old man's attack.

He rushed towards Matt, but he received another blast of lightning energy. You could see his chest all black from the lightning. Maybe vaguely, you could smell searing flesh. The old man screamed and stepped back slightly.

"Stand down or you will be put down."

By the time he's said this, two of his colleagues had arrived. One had a similar power to Matt's, lightning. The other had his revolver with him.

The old man clutched onto his chest and just headed to the headless goblin.

"Oh Flem.." he sobbed. "Flem.."

He laid his head on its chest. You could tell that he had lost a lot, but nowhere near as much as his son. His head lay there, looking at blank space.

Matt and his colleagues were unsure about what they should do.

===

---
---
---

Hey, i have no time to train my skills yet. I don't want to get metal fisted by failing to fire a constant ice beam.

Hey, you could always try.

"Can't you resolve it more peacefully? I'll help." I say to the guard.
(Please do the next turn slower so i can act in the middle of it :P )

"Can't you resolve it more peacefully? I'll help."

The officer ignored you as he threw his baton at the principal, knocking his hand and forcing the green colour to dissipate. He looked up at the officer, annoyed.

(Alright, slower.)

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

---
---
---
---
Inventory:
Torchlight
Water bottle
Some snacks
First aid kit

You summoned your ashen armour and stood, ready for the old man's attack.
He rushed towards Matt, but he received another blast of lightning energy. You could see his chest all black from the lightning. Maybe vaguely, you could smell searing flesh. The old man screamed and stepped back slightly.
"Stand down or you will be put down."
By the time he's said this, two of his colleagues had arrived. One had a similar power to Matt's, lightning. The other had his revolver with him.
The old man clutched onto his chest and just headed to the headless goblin.
"Oh Flem.." he sobbed. "Flem.."
He laid his head on its chest. You could tell that he had lost a lot, but nowhere near as much as his son. His head lay there, looking at blank space.
Matt and his colleagues were unsure about what they should do.

So am I...

"I don't like this", I almost whisper. "He's not the goblin's father. Creator, maybe. At any rate I don't think he should be here."
Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

---
---
---

Hey, you could always try.

Well, when I'm attacked and could die any moment, i'd do something i know worked rather than doing something experimental...

"Can't you resolve it more peacefully? I'll help."

The officer ignored you as he threw his baton at the principal, knocking his hand and forcing the green colour to dissipate. He looked up at the officer, annoyed.

(Alright, slower.)

No help. Let's just keep watching how he does. I do nothing until he does something out of the ordinary or attack my father.

(Nice ty)

Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

---
---
---
---
Inventory:
Torchlight
Water bottle
Some snacks
First aid kit

So am I...

"I don't like this", I almost whisper. "He's not the goblin's father. Creator, maybe. At any rate I don't think he should be here."

Matt and his colleagues took note of your words. The one with the revolver then pulled out a baton from his hip and lunged towards the old man. He didn't even notice when the baton hit his head. As the old man fell unconscious, the officer kept contact with his baton and called to the others to cuff him.

"I didn't bring my cuffs," he said.

A few moments later, you were standing next to Matt as you saw the old man in a cell, sitting on the bunker. You wondered to yourself why he was trying to break out, given the type of powers he had.

"Hey," Matt said as he turned to you. "You wanna grab a burger? I'm ****in' starving."

===

Name: Bob Smith
Superpower:Most cancers.
---
Biography:Bob Smith used to be a smart man,he never had many friends, so he took up the hobby of experimenting, he did the basic stuff such as toying with insects and so on and so forth, however he always felt a strong impulse to test the effects of radiation on things such as mice, so he created nuclear reactor alone,he was aware of it's effects so he took care around it, but he failed to contain it properly and the radiation reached him aswell, day by day went by as Bob Smith got extreme doses of radiation , he never turned the reactors off, he was eventually diagnosed with a lot of different types of cancers and had his property cleansed, he continued with his life normally, but he was slightly saddened by the fact, he eventually ended up in a hospital bed, due to the high radiation he had received, he had little intact DNA inside him, causing him to become extremely weak and look like a decomposing corpse, he could still talk and eat however, but nobody would come to visit him because of that, he eventually felt death approaching.
---
Level: 6
---
HP: 0.5/52

(I dunno how to quote, sorry for the inconvenience.)

Bob smith attempts to receive a few transplants.

Okay, if you're actually serious, maybe you'd want to start at level 1, or we can try to work it out if you want to start at higher levels.

Also, please describe what 'most cancers' would do. Would it be like Deadpool then?

===

---
---
---

Your character sheet wasn't fully pasted.

I look at him confused.

"I didn't. It was closed after I left." I say to the boss trying to keep calm.

"THEN ****ING LOOK, YOU DIPS***!"

The freezer door was, in fact, open. You didn't notice it the first time you came in, but you did now. Suddenly, you saw one of your colleagues' face turning red.

"Sir," the red-faced one said with a growling voice. "It was a mistake. We will make sure it never happens again."

"Oh yeah?!" the boss shouted. "If you're going to make sure it never happens again, why ever let it happen?!"

He turned towards the one he was scolding. "You're fired!"

The red-faced one sprinted towards the boss, intent on hugging him for some reason.

===

---
---
---

Well, when I'm attacked and could die any moment, i'd do something i know worked rather than doing something experimental...

Fair point in some cases. But in other cases, an ice bolt would be a measly threat.

No help. Let's just keep watching how he does. I do nothing until he does something out of the ordinary or attack my father.

"Well," the principal said, raising his voice. "I will come back for your son. We both need to talk."

Your father stared at the principal as he went the other way, back to where he came from.

You noticed the officer's hands going for his pocket, grabbing something that had two circular holes in it.

Showing 91-105 of 721