ForumsSupport Forum[req] Disqus still very problematic

28 10173
Erile
Erile
488 posts
Chancellor

So there were old threads about this that were locked because we were asked to wait and see if it got better.

Disqus still doesn't allow post editing most of the time and it still deletes posts. A bunch of people reported this before. As far as I have been able to tell, it really hasn't improved more than a tiny bit since these problems were being discussed a year and two years ago.

• 28 Replies
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

@LeCiuperc

I occasionally get this error, usually I'll just refresh or wait for a day or two and it clears up. I don't have a separate Disqus account as well.

Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

For me, disqus doesn't show up on game pages and quests don't show if I hover the mouse over them.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

@Swarmlord2 Yours is a different issue, try closing all your chat windows on the chat bar and then hard refresh the page.

Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

It has been like this for months on multiple devices (desktop, laptop, tablet and phone).

Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

The only ad-block I have is AFG+ and this only happens on game pages. User disqus and the quest list work.

Erile
Erile
488 posts
Chancellor

Back to LeCiuperc,

Actually, these problems have been almost 2 years now.

Erile
Erile
488 posts
Chancellor

And now none of the forum posts will show themselves.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

They don't?

Erile
Erile
488 posts
Chancellor

For that entire day yes, the forum posts would not show up. Even now, for some threads, if I click on the thread it only shows the top message, none of the rest. The rest are searchable, but do not show up properly otherwise.

dorukayhan
dorukayhan
1,318 posts
Bard

Even now, for some threads, if I click on the thread it only shows the top message, none of the rest.

That's because of a weird bug that causes links to threads to redirect to the second page of each thread. Hopefully there's a way to fix it!

Here's an example. This is the 2nd page of this thread:

See the ?page=2 at the end of the link? All you have to do to go back to first page is to change that 2 to 1, like this:

http://armorgames.com/community/thread/12585899/disqus-still-very-problematic?page=2
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

^ what he said.

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

That's because of a weird bug that causes links to threads to redirect to the second page of each thread. Hopefully there's a way to fix it!
Actually, when you access or google search any thread from a forum page other than 1, the site links to the page corresponding to that forum page. Hence, any thread shown here will have ?page=4 added to its main link (as opposed to the 'last post' button, which is of course wherever the last post was).
Erile
Erile
488 posts
Chancellor

Ok, well that bug explains the latest problem. It still doesn't explain the deleted posts, the bad links, the broken editing function, the on-site links that direct you offsite and close your game, etc.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Ok, you could provide some screenshots to show that. I'm on the Forums most of the day, and I don't encounter these problems.

Erile
Erile
488 posts
Chancellor

Talking about disqus, not the forums. So you won't encounter those in the forums.

They are long established problems that many people have complained about.

Showing 1-15 of 28