ForumsNews and FeedbackFeedback: Help Page

4 3910
RavePenguin
RavePenguin
513 posts
Peasant

Hello everyone,

First off, thanks for taking the time to click on the thread. As the subject states, I'm looking to get some constructive feedback on the Help page (that link up at the top on the right of the page). It has the basic information and details, but it can be better. With your help, it will be better.

I have a number of notes and ideas about what topics are good but need some updates, topics that are absent, and how to tie in the content with forums more. However, I am a single penguin. I may have overlooked something that you may have /facepalmed when you didn't see the content the help page.

What I'm looking for is feedback about the current page. What is it lacking? Should it be broken up into sections? Do you wish we had more images for some of the FAQ topics? Are there posts that are on the forums that you’ve had to bookmark so that you can reference them quickly to link to other folks?

Once again, thanks for taking the time to click the thread! I look forward to reading all of the constructive feedback.

TL;DR – Thanks for reading. Please check the help page on the top right of the page and post constructive feedback about what you feel is lacking or missing on the help page specifically.

-RP

• 4 Replies
Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

@RavePenguin

Umm, the 'Earning Merits' section is there since the old system, back when only comments could earn merits (i.e before disqus). Shouldn't it be changed to fit the new possibilities for merits? Maybe into something more general, even if somewhat vague?

Another suggestion is to try adding a section about Username changes, we seem to be getting a lot of that question in the support forum. It may reduce the number of people who come looking panicked It would be helpful to have that in that page in general anyway.

Also, I feel our newest community managers are the ones to contact these days, as Ferret clearly stated that he will be going into mobile and steam support for AG. Maybe try adding Dora, Gantic and MrDayCee at the final Q&A of the FAQ?

Also, people seem to be asking how to view all the games from the same developer, it's as if the button is too hidden. I've seen you come across users with that problem yourself Possibly add a link to the help page, point them at the button and/or under the developer's profile comments?

The next is too specific, I am not sure if you need to even have it there but maybe add some things about the Online Save games. Possibly clarify that an 'Online Save' tag does not necessarily mean the game saves the progress online, it could mean that the game has a leaderboard with high scores or a level sharing function.

The links I checked work fine, so no other suggestions that I can think of.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

That (along with where to find a walkthrough) is mentioned, but under the Favoriting/Rating Games heading. Those two things could be separated, or the heading could be expanded.

Oh right. Sorry, didn't notice But yes I agree with what Kat said, expanding/splitting that section could be worth it.

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

Another suggestion is to try adding a section about Username changes, we seem to be getting a lot of that question in the support forum. It may reduce the number of people who come looking panicked It would be helpful to have that in that page in general anyway.

+1

Also, you could try adding a section for the ad-free gaming+ support about how there's a toggle to turn it on and off in a users setting page. Sometimes I find mine toggled off when I use a new device.

RavePenguin
RavePenguin
513 posts
Peasant

Hello,

As we are moving into the weekend, I wanted to follow up and say that I'm loving the ideas, keep them coming. A few are already on my to overhaul list, and a few new ideas to call out some areas will be added.

So much hype about the stars and their ranks! Once the (star)dust settles. It will be something that is added.

-RP

Showing 1-4 of 4