ForumsForum GamesFinal Round Underway | Tournament 2017

209 62303
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Good day to you all!

Welcome to the AG Tournament 2017! I am holding a series of contests, and through process of elimination, will name a winner. Contest will be based upon performance in a game selected by yours truly. How frequent I'll host the tournament is dependent on the success of this first one... a trial so to speak.
-

To the nitty gritty we go! For the next 5 days (Starting Saturday the 28th, through Wednesday the 1st at 11:59pmEST) 10 contestants will be allowed to sign up (If 10 contestants are signed up prior to this deadline, we will commence with the first period. Also if you miss out on joining the fray you must definitely observer the competition. If a contestant becomes inactive, or cannot compete, I may choose another to to fill the slot. So be sure to stick around and float your username out there!)

- Each round of the competition will take place over a four-five day period. If you fail to place in the top bracket you will not continue to the next round. (A certain number of players will be eliminated each period based upon their performance in the game chosen. How many will be posted at the start of each period.)

-I will choose the game to be played for each period (or an alternate user will choose if I'm unavailable.) No funny business here, it will be skill based.

-Each participant must provide a screenshot of their score IN the game, or submit it to ArmorGames if possible. (screenshot or AG submitted scores only.)

-All scores must be submitted prior to the deadline of the period. All scores posted MUST be current, and not an old screenshot you may have lying around. Any and all attempts to cheat, hack, alter, or unfairly manipulate your score will lead to dismissal from the tournament.

-At the end of each period, I will post statistics indicating the place in which each participant finished, eliminations for that period, as well as the game and advancing participants for the next period.
-

No formal award is in place, aside from bragging rights. Be sure to read this post carefully. If any elaboration is needed, be sure to ask.
-

The contest is now accepting applicants! Come one come all. As always I have donuts and coffee for all. And cheerios if you prefer.

Surprises, upset victories, clutch moments, and thrills await you!

• 209 Replies
armorplayergc
armorplayergc
16,463 posts
King

Don't stop trying, Kat! I know you can do it!

Muffin1634
Muffin1634
380 posts
Jester

When I get home I'll illustrate how to pass all 30 stages.
In Paint.

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

I am incapable of completing the game, so kick me out of the competition, or whatever.

What? No! We'll wait until the end and see what happens.

Alright, though on second thought your system seems to be working just fine and accomplishes the exact same thing, so, ya know

We'll give yours a shot soon. Always up for something new, might be the greatest thing ever.

@Doombreed Thanks! I was just working on creating one LOL. You go ahead and keep editing it. Send me the link if you want.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

@ScrewTheLag imgur's image link slightly changes with bbcode. Click 'get share links' on the image and then copy the one saying 'bbcode'

Muffin1634
Muffin1634
380 posts
Jester

@ScrewTheLag Holy cra-

"no no no... don't say that"

i don't think i can beat that

but at least only the last two get dismissed

so yeah

Muffin1634
Muffin1634
380 posts
Jester

@ScrewTheLag I'll try that, that seems plausible

@Doombreed I can also help out with editing b/c i'm on the computer a lot for homework (ugh... teachers and their hw assignments). But if you don't feel like that's safe, that's cool too

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Exit path takes a few times to get used to. Once you get in a groove, improving your time is easy. It's a challenging, yet achievable game. Truly a masterpiece.

Muffin1634
Muffin1634
380 posts
Jester

I know. I used to love this game and many other of John's works, except I never got to play the second installment of said game because of my bad processor. I remember when Markimoo released his gameplay of "Give Up". I was wondering "Am I the only person who's watching this who actually knows who made this game?" I played such titles as Coinbox Hero and Elephant Quest. His games give you this calming sense of feeling that makes you want to play it again. In fact, me typing this right now makes me want to play Elephant Quest because the game is so fun and beautiful. Then summers ended and homework came and hit me in the head...

Thank you for reading my soliliquy that will now be published on a forum instead of staying in my mind.

Muffin1634
Muffin1634
380 posts
Jester

Yay! 100th post!

Woohoo!

kalisenpai
kalisenpai
1,858 posts
Duchess

http://i.imgur.com/HkWUdT5.png

Improved it by 2 minutes! But I'm unable to do less than 10 minutes...
Don't give utp @KatPryde!! Just be patient

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

http://i.imgur.com/7GglfwG.png

Improved it by 20 seconds, I doubt I can do much more but I hope to continue uploading one new score per day

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

@Muffin1634 congrats for the 100th post As for the managing of the spreadsheet, I can handle it myself, we don't get an overwhelming amount of scores after all. But I would appreciate it if you could check once in a while to see if the scores are accurate. I'll try to pass on the key to edit it in a private chat

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

@Doombreed thanks for the assistance with the spreadsheet. It's a huge help actually.
-
UPDATE:

Two days to go, and the standings are as follows:

@ScrewTheLag has gained a solid (for the time being anyway) hold on 1st place. @Muffin1634 takes 2nd place, @Doombreed is in 3rd, followed closely by @Swarmlord2. @kalisenpai and @armorplayergc are surging at the middle of the pack. Who's going to pull off a stunning upset at the last second?
-
@Muffin1634 congrats for 101 posts!

Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

I don't know about the rest of you, but I won't try more unless I have to. 3 tries is enough.

Muffin1634
Muffin1634
380 posts
Jester

Thanks everyone for congratulating me

Another time, too (i guess you could call this another milestone because getting under 7 minutes is a badge in-game): 6:52.37, seen here.

I will try to beat STL's time while making those walkthrough pics

Showing 31-45 of 209