ForumsThe Tavernstop it MOM! I can do it MYSELF!

6 5132
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Mom! Come on, I'm an adult now! I don't need you to coddle me anymore, I can do it myself.

sigh, I know...I know. I love you too, it's just...I'm not a kid anymore. I have a full-time job; I'm in college; I'm in a serious relationship - ....a REAL serious relationship; Mom...I don't even LIVE with you anymore CURTAIN FALLS OVER IN FRONT OF YOUR FIELD OF VISION

Curtain slowly begins to part, leaving just enough room for me to walk out on stage
Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls, that is right. A fledgling phoenix, trapped inside what was once a well-kept cage, has spread its wings and flew forth. We are of freedom and vision consisting only of possibilities. Life is good, and demons have been fought. I awaken each morning, thinking not "oh dear god it's 2pm god this feels really sh(poopy)*tty why am i doing this" but instead "ah yes today is a happy day and another day I shall shower my friends and family with love and support".

I have moved out of the mother's den, and into a realm of my own. I have a steady income and am no longer scrapping by paycheck-to-paycheck (but money is a story for another time), a healthy relationship (FINALLY), and rejuvenated sense of being. Oh, and also a kitten, now that I can finally have one https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/17498752_910372875769869_2509353513741084963_n.jpg?oh=32e13a4e78e514dfc2e394585d64e473&oe=5994935E
(hmu for snapchat if you wanna see more of her but also i will be selective of whomst've I add)

Life has finally begun.

ITT: Living situations and how does it affect your life rn?

• 6 Replies
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

My living situation affects my life because I live in that situation.

Anyway, I live with my mom and like 5 kajillion cats or something like that, and my mom's kind of like yours with the whole "I can do it myself" type of deal. Sometimes we'd be going somewhere and it's like 40 degrees outside, so I want to wear my really thin hoodie. However, my mom freaks out and says things like, "Don't wear that out! It's warm and you're going to embarrass me if you're dressed like that." Then there's the fact that she's never happy with how I comb my hair, even though when she does my hair(I try to stop her but it never works) it looks the EXACT same.

I could probably go on about my mom, but I don't want to.

Also my cats are cute and stuff like that.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

My living situation affects my life because I live in that situation.

listen ya PUNK......

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

pang added me on snapchat for all the pics I send

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,746 posts
King

@pangtongshu Wait untill you become a father... But you can practise a bit with your cute kitten for now.

TwentyPilots
TwentyPilots
10 posts
Blacksmith

I left my home over a year ago and not having a relative breathing down your next is amazing... until you realise that you live in the same small town as your Mother In Law. (Save me)

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

Will he survive the cold, unforgiving world?

pang is dead.

Anyway since I'm old now I moved out of my home for the Real College Experience, & that's greatly improved my quality of life. Now that it's summer ofc I've gone home again, but hoo!! Independence!!! Climbing on buildings at 3am!!! Running from the police!! It's A Good Time, Everyone! Maybe next year I'll finally get the pet lizard I've always dreamed of if the townhouse allows lizards! THE WORLD IS FULL OF INFINITE POSSIBILITIES

Showing 1-6 of 6