ForumsForum GamesPost-Apocalyptic Roleplay

47 19722
abcdragon66
abcdragon66
701 posts
Jester

The year is 2497. Humans are running out of resources and going into nuclear war. Many animal species have gone extinct, but new, mutated ones have been created from the nuclear war. A small group of survivors is living in a large underground structure in America. They are struggling to survive because of the lack of food and water and all the danger outside. There are different positions in the group: leader, co-leader, collector(there can be multiple collectors, they gather food and water from the outside world), defender(there can be multiple defenders, they defend the group from animals or other threats), doctor(there is only one doctor), and explorer(there can be multiple explorers, they search for other survivor groups and useful things or places). We know that there is another survivor group of engineers somewhere around us(somewhere on the map, once I finish it, which will be soon)that is trying to make a device to fix the radiation. We need to find that group and help them because they don't have enough people to survive very long.
Here is my character:
Name: Olivia Ralos
Position: Leader
Personality: Olivia is 14 years old. She had a brother and two sisters, but her whole family died during the war. She was at school during the time, and was the only survivor from her school. She was sad but determined to survive, so she organized the group. Her family had owned a fallout shelter, so she went there and invited others. She is nice, but if you tell her she can't do something, she will go out of her way to try to prove you wrong. She is proud of herself and the people in her group, and is a great leader.

• 47 Replies
PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

OK so my name is Orion Grey, 30 y.o. and I want to be a defender. Are there any rules in this RP?

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

My propositions: this "large underground structure" could be a complex of fallout shelters. One of these could belong to your family, so this could be the reason why 14 y.o. girl is the leader. You saved people's five letters by bringing them over after all.

A few words from Orion:
- Tell something about yourself? What for? You all already know me. *Orion spluttered with irritation*
*somebody answers* - That's exactly the reason. We don't know too much about you.
*Orion sized her up, while considering this claim. After a while he turned his head and started staring at the hatch once again, still sitting near a wall.*
- I tell only things, that I consider necessary and I don't think that this conversation is necessary in the least.
*He fell silent for a minute, gathering thoughts.*
- There won't be any progress from just talking. Action is what matters. I encourage our team to extend the exploration areas. Both in this complex and... outside *for some reason he clenched his teeth after saying this word*

abcdragon66
abcdragon66
701 posts
Jester

Yeah, that would make more sense that it would be my family's fallout shelter. I'll change that now

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Care if I join in?

Name: Moore
Position: Collector
Having spent a long time in the outside world, Moore is familiar with all the dangers and opportunities it presents and knows how to find the best spots to farm. He usually doesn't stay long in a single place, though this shelter provides him with a much safer base to come back to, so he agreed to stay a while.

Questions: What does the outside world look like, and how much of an issue is radiation?

abcdragon66
abcdragon66
701 posts
Jester

Radiation is as much of an issue here as it is in Earth Taken. So you would need a gas mask (which we provide) and can only go out for a period of time. And I will draw a map soon, but I changed the explorer definition so they got to decide what the world looks like. Collectors can, too, but they mostly stay in one or a few spots gathering food and water.

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

@abcdragon66 In that game there was no radiation. Aliens changed the entire Earth's ecosystem. Air was replaced with their air, which was a poison to every animals living on the surface and everywhere where that new air could get into. They used oxygen masks and not regular gas masks only filtering the toxic gases.

A gas mask wouldn't help against high radiation too, we would need whole anti-radiation suits with oxygen masks. But seeing that we actually need to leave the shelter in search of food indicates that huge amounts of food that are usually stored in fallout shelters are gone. And that means that at least 5 years of residing pasted. By this time radiation could also lower to enable safe exploration, but not involving too long staying outside of course.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

And I will draw a map soon, but I changed the explorer definition so they got to decide what the world looks like.

That's cool! Though I was wondering about vegetation. Normally vegetation would be more or less fine, see Chernobyl nowadays; but in Fallout 4 they went full desolation/wasteland. I'm just curious as to what your conception of the outside world looks like.

A gas mask wouldn't help against high radiation too, we would need whole anti-radiation suits with oxygen masks.

That would be needed only if environmental radiation is still high; the biggest risk, I think, would be radioactive/contaminated dust, and for that a gas mask might be enough (as long as you don't stay too long close to any larger radiation source). Another issue is contamination of food and water, which is also something I wanted to ask @abcdragon66

edit: About the vegetation, I want to state that both would be fine, I was just asking so that I know what we collectors are venturing into Also about the food/water contamination, you could keep it simple and just say that by 2497 we have the technology to decontaminate it.
sciller45
sciller45
2,855 posts
Justiciar

You could also have medication for radiation, like RadX and RadAway from Fallout!

Mind if I join in this?

Name: Abraham "Crazy Abe" Jones
Position: Collector

Despite being 40 (Mature as he calls it), Crazy Abe is quite agile. Being an Amish, Abe has learned many skills (Though all of them center around farming). He can grow food organically, make some household items by himself, is a gun nut (loves the double barrel, no matter how old it is and long guns) etc. Before the nukes hit, he was selling food at a farmer's market Which is also the reason they called him crazy ("Who's laughing now!?" ). loyal, friendly, conservative, claustrophobic and sometimes annoying.

abcdragon66
abcdragon66
701 posts
Jester

Good idea sciller. We can have medications so you can go out freely, but only for a certain amount of time. Sorry about the misconception :P HahiHa, the vegetation is still somewhat living, so there is food, and we can uncontaminate the water. Also, we need some explorers so we can fill in the map

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

@abcdragon66 @sciller45 @HahiHa Hey! So I was thinking that this might be a great RP even if there are only 4 of us. I can make another character that will be an explorer if that's really needed xD

It would be also great if we think of a "main quest" (or main problem) of our RP. That way we could concentrate what everybody adds into this game so we kind of move into one direction. We can figure out what is our main problem on our first RP'ed exploration!

Edit: I meant something specific as a main problem. F.e. in Fallout there was a mission to save the vault by restoring a water purification chip.

sciller45
sciller45
2,855 posts
Justiciar

@PLGuy To be fair, in Fallout 3, it first starts nicely, then your father leaves the vault and you go down the rabbit hole of quests, till you get to a water purifier

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

@sciller45 Man stop at that and don't spoil the plot xD In Fallout 1 that's your first main quest. I'm at 60% right now. I wanna play the whole saga, maybe I'll skip Tactics.

abcdragon66
abcdragon66
701 posts
Jester

Yeah, this could work. I'll try to get some other people You guys can all make another character if you want. I'll stay with one. A roleplay is already enough to handle with one character :P

Also, our main problem could be that we have to find a way to fix the radiation. I won't explain it in this post; I'll just change the OP.

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

That sounds great xD Restoring the enviroment around us. If vegetation is living but radiated then it's hard but doable with some future technology
We could also have a biome in the shelter - with the best crops and the best oxygen producers.

abcdragon66
abcdragon66
701 posts
Jester

Well a biome would kind of take away collectors's jobs, so we could just have a "food/water decontamination room" or something like that.

Showing 1-15 of 47