ForumsSupport ForumAdvertisements

18 3089
RaiderDawg
RaiderDawg
158 posts
Nomad

I think the advertisements shouldn't be so close to where you play your games. A lot of the times when I play a game, I accidentally click on an advertisements because they are so close to the game screen.

I think the advertisements should be at the way bottom of the screen, and the way top.

• 18 Replies
Arax_Nisanu
Arax_Nisanu
1,305 posts
Nomad

in the forums they are at the tops so...

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

Yea i agree, one of those game where you click a lot it gets annoying, considering i have bad mouse control, there was a topic abotu ti before but i don't remember about it.

xXxTetimaruxXx
xXxTetimaruxXx
418 posts
Nomad

I was playing storm the house 2 and I was clicking like crazy and then I accidentally clicked the ad and I had to restart! I was on Day 41!

jwalshjr
jwalshjr
536 posts
Peasant

Yes, this is annoying to some people. Even so, advertisements are what pay for Armor Games, so if it weren't for Ads, there would be no Armor Games. If this turns into a huge annoying problem for you, I suggest downloading Firefox 2 or Firefox 3. After you get that you can download This add-on, which should take care of the adds. That should fix that rather easy.

xXxTetimaruxXx
xXxTetimaruxXx
418 posts
Nomad

I thought that that add-on was not compatible with the newest Firefox version.

jwalshjr
jwalshjr
536 posts
Peasant

No, that add-on is available with the newest version of Firefox as well. If you don't believe me go to that link I provided and look below the extended description, it tells you what version it works with. Which included Firefox 1.5-3.0 =).

RaiderDawg
RaiderDawg
158 posts
Nomad

Of course advertisements have a strong contribution to this site, I'm simply saying TO MOVE THE ADVERTISEMENTS. You actually might want to try to actually read what I said.

DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,058 posts
Blacksmith

I think part of the point of having the ads close to where you click is to have you accidentally click on them, haha. Maybe it's not, but it's a good idea from the standpoint of the advertiser. I agree though, it is quite obnoxious...

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Hehe...this was the reason I became a Beta Tester. I sent an email to Dan ages ago about having clicked on a ad and lost my game progress. He replied saying he had fixed it and then he asked be about being a Beta Tester. However, that was almost 6 months ago.

KingRyan

Craze77
Craze77
813 posts
Peasant

I agree with DragonMistress. If they werent close to the screem then u would click on the Ads and get caught in a scam.

jwalshjr
jwalshjr
536 posts
Peasant

RaiderDawg, I did read the whole post, and I get what you are saying. The thing is though, when they paid for the advertisements, they paid to have them there and if they were all of a sudden moved they could get angry. Also, I put an easy way to solve that, getting Firefox along with that add-on should take care of any of the ads. If they aren't there, you can't accidentally click on them =).

StarScreamer
StarScreamer
608 posts
Shepherd

I think that there shouldn't be any advertisments unless you want to put them on your profile. They are annoying and pointless in my opinion. Now I do know that they are just trying to get more people to their site, but there are advertisments everywhere and it gets annoying and really gets in the way of games and things.

I don't know about you guys, but whenever I enter AG this cursor popup comes up and is never blocked. It freezes my computer half the time and I think that if that is purposly on here it should be taken off.

jeffwak906
jeffwak906
237 posts
Shepherd

The only reason that advertisements are here is to provide financial support to Armor Games and improve their budget. Who knows, with no advertisements there might not even be an Armor Games...
KEEP THE ADS!

Sekel6520
Sekel6520
167 posts
Peasant

TAKE OFF THE ADS!

florglee2
florglee2
1,778 posts
Peasant

i died when i got real far on alot of games by accidentally clicking ads. they bite. couldnt they just be skidded over a little bit, away from the games?

Showing 1-15 of 18