ForumsSupport Forumarmor games has gotten really boring

28 4783
freaco
freaco
45 posts
Nomad

ok i was a beta tester for the site before it became like this and when it first was made public and it was really fun there were no mods and not a lot of rules and ALL THE GAMES WERE FUN and all the posts for info on site updates and stuff like that where done by dan. but now there are too many rules the mods are always telling people what to do and YOU NEVER HEAR FROM DAN!! what armor games needs to do is bring some fun game that were on the origonal site and bing them here along with videos and lessen the amount of rules and mods because they can get really annoying.

you can post comments on my profile along with this if you want. thats all from me for now bye.

• 28 Replies
DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,058 posts
Blacksmith

Dan does come around, but he's the creator of the site, his concern is with the mass of the site, not just the community. Thats what the moderators are here for, to do the grunt work so Dan doesn't have to do so much.

The rules are here to keep people safe, and the site running smoothly. A site with rewards for posts, such as this one, has to keep tight reins on spam so that things don't get out of control. Believe me, we wish we didn't have to be so 'annoying' about the rules, but with such a new site, people are still settling in and getting to know what can and can't be done here.

I believe that most of the games from the original site are here, so long as the creator wished them to stay with the site. With the giant amount of games that are submitted, some are bound to be not as fun, but thats why we gave the game comments! Let the creator know what you would like changed, give some good feedback, and maybe they will come back with a really fun game )

The_Idea_Men
The_Idea_Men
102 posts
Nomad

despite a well thought out and articulate presentation, you fail to offer any type of 'Suggestion' as to how we might resolve this. i don't think killing all the mods will help at all really.

what was fun about it? spam topics? debauchery? because i'd be up for some of that. few too many minors round here though.

what games were on the old site that didnt make the cut?

what goal did you have in mind by posting here? revolution? just piss and moan time? talk to us, elaborate on your feelings.

kingofgames
kingofgames
610 posts
Farmer

yeah like we can add videos and sections " funny videos" so this site is an all rounder not just a game site

Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

i was bored with the games during the first couple months X)

@kingofgames But it has to be ArmorGames could make an ArmorVideos or ArmorFlash

ialwayswin
ialwayswin
777 posts
Jester

If armor games ever gets dull its because there's no new games not because of mods.

DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,058 posts
Blacksmith

As previously stated, this is ArmorGames, not an overall Flash site. We concentrate on having a ton of games, and a great community. There are a thousand Flash video sites out there, I don't see us taking that route any time soon.

bobert
bobert
176 posts
Nomad

I notice when People quit, they also say that they got bored. Maybe with AG changing, older members don't like the changes and quit, thinking thier bored. Newer members are used to the current AG, and therefore, don't complain.

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

If you want to see flash videos then go to NewGrounds. This is a site for gaming. ArmorGames will never have a section for flash animations. If this site was to become as much like NewGrounds as it could (allow flash animations and rewards and all that) then Dan would be better off not creating the site at all and letting Newgrounds do its job.

ArmorGames is a place for games. As easy as that. Personally I hate NewGround's forums and if we allowed flash animation then we would have more NewGrounders here (the ones who act immature), and that would be a complete nightmare!

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

Also there have been no new rules added to this site since it went live. There are just a lot more spammers. The mods would be as quiet as they were months ago if the spammers would just learn to post better. The mods have not changed, just the community.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

but now there are too many rules the mods are always telling people what to do and YOU NEVER HEAR FROM DAN!! what armor games needs to do is bring some fun game that were on the origonal site and bing them here along with videos and lessen the amount of rules and mods because they can get really annoying.

We have to enforce the rules to have some sort of order on this site. There would be so much spamming, profanity, offensive things if there was no one here to prevent it. Usually, the people who don't like the rules and mods, are the people who get in trouble for it.

Dan is around the site all the time. Just because he isn't replying in a lot of topics, doesn't mean he isn't around. He has the whole site to run, and works very hard at keeping the site running smoothly. That is why we have moderators, to help him out in keeping the site running well.

As far as videos go, this is ArmorGames. We are pretty focused here on Flash games, and it doesn't really make sense to have videos. YouTube does a pretty good job with that ;-) Here, we specialize in Flash games, which is why we can insure that we have quality games and developers. In my opinion, when sites expand to a bunch of different genres, it tends to take away from the quality of each of them. I would prefer quality of games over adding some videos.
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

theres too many mods to tell us A LOT of, don't do this, don't do that,

We only say this if people break the rules ;-) Don't break the rules, don't spam, and you won't have any mods on your back.
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

As far as videos go, this is ArmorGames. We are pretty focused here on Flash games, and it doesn't really make sense to have videos. YouTube does a pretty good job with that ;-) Here, we specialize in Flash games, which is why we can insure that we have quality games and developers. In my opinion, when sites expand to a bunch of different genres, it tends to take away from the quality of each of them. I would prefer quality of games over adding some videos.

Couldn't have said it any better.
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Yeah, I've noticed that too, I mean users such as Axel, StarSreamer, iFish, Iceman, XCoheedX, Bratt02, and many other users have quit because they just got extremely bored of AG, and they really liked the ol AG.

Well, that is because they spent a HUGE amount of time on the site. If you do anything that much, of course you are going to get tired of it.
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

So... does anyone actually have a suggestion on this matter? Constructive criticism is one thing, because it gives us something to improve on. But this thread just seems to be criticism.

bobert
bobert
176 posts
Nomad

Well, that is because they spent a HUGE amount of time on the site. If you do anything that much, of course you are going to get tired of it.

Ok that makes sense. Its really too bad though, they were great members
Showing 1-15 of 28