ForumsSupport ForumColour BANNED

33 5008
Zega99
Zega99
32 posts
Nomad

I think if a person that is banned should have a blue dot beside his/her name or it should say BANNED FOR (time).Its only my opinion.

• 33 Replies
MasterXatu
MasterXatu
89 posts
Nomad

Erm, that could work out, but you could ask a mod as well...

MasterXatu
MasterXatu
89 posts
Nomad

That would be everybody's opinions. We could have the user say whether or not they want to turn on this system. Just a suggestion...

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

I actually think this is a good idea. There are many comments that read this:

"Dude, did you get banned or something?"

This would decrease the amount of spam that is posted on a banned profile. The only problem is privacy. Would everyone be okay with a display of being banned?

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

The only problem is privacy.

This is the part that I would be concerned about. We don't really want to put extra embarrassment on people when they are banned. I can imagine this might encourage some heckling on peoples profiles... I can imagine things like "Ahahaha you got banned you spammer!"

I think it might only add insult to injury.
Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

Well, if they were banned, then it could be another form of punishment, although it's not really embarassing in any way.

Now putting a dunce-cone on their head and putting him/her on a stool surrounded by man-eating lolcats might be a punishment XP

Zega99
Zega99
32 posts
Nomad

YAY!
This is (to be honest) my first opinion that was a sucsses!
I also think its a good idea!
)

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

Carlie is right here. We don't want to embarrass anyone. Because when someone gets banned it is really only their business and no one else. That might deter some members from returning when their ban is up.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

I wish we had polls so we could find out what a sample of the population thinks of ideas like this.

MasterXatu
MasterXatu
89 posts
Nomad

You could put a poll on another website and open up a topic that advertises the link and lock it...=D

jwalshjr
jwalshjr
536 posts
Peasant

The only problem with off site polls, it that really anyone can just vote it them, they wouldn't have to be a member of this site. That could cause some false solutions, but ya, I as well really wish we had polls!

parkermb68
parkermb68
323 posts
Nomad

Carlie is right, and people would spam on the profile just by saying that, Carlie, you nailed it, I was gonna say whats the point? I'm gone for weeks at a time quite a bit and eventually I come back and talk to the people who posted on my profile. It's not that difficult. And just lock this...

MasterXatu
MasterXatu
89 posts
Nomad

It would be a great update if we could start polls as topics. That would help^

The_Idea_Men
The_Idea_Men
102 posts
Nomad

would there be a way to bounce incoming pms to banned pages?

like if i havent heard from xatu there in a few days and i send him a

"Dude, are you banned? where have you been?" and he is in fact banned, instead of posting it could i be redirected to

---------------------------------------

YOUR MESSAGE HAS NOT BEEN DELIVERED AS THIS PERSON HAS BEEN BANNED FOR BEING NAUGHTY.

click HERE to go back to the previous page

--------------------------------------

i realize thad be a programming annoyance at best, but it would achieve the acknowledgment of someone being banned without putting them in the stocks for all to see

Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

Asherlee is correct. Only if we knew how.

Drognar
Drognar
534 posts
Nomad

This is the part that I would be concerned about. We don't really want to put extra embarrassment on people when they are banned. I can imagine this might encourage some heckling on peoples profiles... I can imagine things like "Ahahaha you got banned you spammer!"

I think it might only add insult to injury.
Well the account should be gone in the first place that way people won't have a profile to spam on

Showing 1-15 of 33