ForumsWEPRoil in Alaska

50 7384
thepossum
thepossum
3,035 posts
Nomad

should we destroy the nature in alaska for oil?

• 50 Replies
Lilboi3000
Lilboi3000
230 posts
Nomad

so its pretty much the cold war of oil.

SuperzMcShort
SuperzMcShort
325 posts
Nomad

If we go nuclear that brings up a whole new problem. We will need to find a way to get rid of the nuclear waste. Sure nuclear will be good at first, but in the long run have more pollution than oil.

I just wanted to point out that this statement is incorrect, nuclear is actually significantly cleaner then most renewable energy sources and if you actually reuse spent fuel rods (rather then throw away the still usable fuel left inside) the waste decays completely in ~300 years rather then the 100s of thousands most anti-nuclear power people will say.
dizzyk
dizzyk
423 posts
Nomad

I'd like an electric car that instead of plugging it in to your home at night you can plug into a stationary bike and the recharge the battery by pedaling for a couple hours. It saves money, the environment, and gets our fat asses moving. Probably not a practical car as far as marketability for the masses is concerned, but I want one anyway.

SuperzMcShort
SuperzMcShort
325 posts
Nomad

You could just get a car that plugs into the wall then set up a bike powered generator in your houses electrical system if you really want to charge it that way.

Arax_Nisanu
Arax_Nisanu
1,305 posts
Nomad

Isn't this what they are trying to find on that show ice road truckers?

Showing 46-50 of 50