ForumsThe TavernThings anime taught me

9 2315
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

I am not the biggest fan of anime but... sometimes you find yourself getting sucked into some pretty weird stuff (the eyes! How can you resist the eyes?!).

Anyways I would like to share a few things that I have learned watching anime. Every anime is different so you may find some exceptional examples to what I have learned. Feel free to add onto the list.

1. It is possible to have a perfect figure, brains, athletic ability, an honest guy who would go to the ends of the earth for you, and hold the key to saving the world or some other specail power all at once if you are female.

2. The weapon you hold in your hands:
a. is passed down to you from another family member/guardian
b. chose you, you did not choose it.
c. is one of the most powerful weapons ever created.
d. all of the above.

3. Americans have smaller eyes than the Japanese.

4. Cats talk.

5. Every attack you make has a name and it will only work if you yell it out.

6. Expect to make friends with people with one of the following hair colors:
a. red
b. blue
c. white
d. a multiple of at least 2 of the previously mentioned.

...also note that they will have one of the most different hairstyles than anybody else you meet with limited exceptions.

7. You can always cry so hard that flipping your face to the side will throw your tears into the air and slow time for a moment.

8. It is easy to weild and use 2 handed weapons with one hand. Also it is uncommon to not name your weapon. They have feelings too you know!

9. You have a 50% chance of having split personalities, one good and one evil. One will always overpower the other when you near death or get realy angry.

10. Do not be surprised to find a female/male versain of yourself. It is fairly common.

11. Everybody has fangs when they smile deviously.

12. All old people are very wise and much more wise than you... even the ones who are crazy, drunk, or have alzheimers disease; it just takes serious/awkward moments for them to show it.

13. Your parrents could possibly be champion worriors, some sort of hero, or some other unnatural beings (fairys, demons, homunculus, and so on). Don't let their normal boring selves fool you.

14. Your hair looks great! Your afraid that it will get messed up if you go swimming or do other crazy activities? Don't worry! Your hair will always reform into its normal (stylized) shape!

15. Animals will always help you if you help them first or if you save their lives.

16. Destiny can always be changed, don't let the evil man dressed in black tell you differently.

17. No matter how much of a loner you are, you will always make many friends and you will almost always be acompanied by at least two of them.

18. Get married as fast as you can, villians only steal the girls of your dreams and your girlfriends. I have not seen any of them steal anybody's wife yet. (How often is a queen stolen? Always the princess)

19. Magic is real!

20. We call it mana in video games.

21. That woman over there... the cat ears and tale are real.

22. Your pet possibly figured out the problem for whatever situation your in before you did. That is... if your pet acompanies you on your travels.

23. Don't worry, any time you are burned by fire, you will quickly recover within minutes as long as you are not already dead.

24. That old lady with white hair and the serious grin on her face... she holds the answer.

25. You can eat faster with chopsticks than with a fork.

• 9 Replies
Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Well said. Let's extend the list.

26. Old men who are bald are invariably perverts and will frequently react with a nose-bleed and, if the artist is a little more risque, mokkori to the odd panty-flash.

27. When one is afflicted by a normally-fatal trauma (e.g being run over by a plane), they will automatically have plaster stuck to their forehead, which then falls off the next time they react indignantly (usually five seconds later).

28. Sweat drops of bemusement are always oversized, teal and point in the same direction regardless of the character's orientation.

29. Enough power to destroy the universe and its neighboring universes in the multiverse isn't really enough: you can always get a bigger kamehameha.

Blkasp
Blkasp
1,308 posts
Nomad

30. Most of anime shows always have a female as the strong main character.

31. 50% chance they can evolve (transform etc...)

32. Anmie Creators like the focus on the female butt and you know.

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Adding some more...they are based on Yugioh Abridged...so they arn't that common to Anime...but some areas of the show take of common Anime things...

33. You can only enter Duel Tournaments if you have crazy hair.

34. The Main character will often do something stupid and will lose their special weapon.

35. The main character often has a 'hot' younger sister which a side character is interested in.

36. The rules of card games can be broken by the main character without any consequences.

*37 - Only Adults can play children's card games!

*38 - All you have to do to hack into a computer system is press random buttons repeatedly.

*39 - The most evil thing to do is to Spam someone's YouTube profile.

*40 - Every time Kaiba Smiles, a puppy dies.

41 - It is common for the same character to be kidnapped over and over again.

Thats all. Note that numbers marked with a * mean that they are related to YuGiOh Abridged...

KingRyan

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

Your rules are a bit too specific KingRyan. Though some of them are not bad. I am trying to stick with lessons of life learned from anime... not lessons about anime. I hope you don't mind me changing some of the rules around, some of them I can't beleive I missed the first time around.

33. Tournament guidelines strongly encourage "different" looks (weird hair, weird clothes, crazy cape, and so on.)

34. Always carry a backup weapon, you will probally lose your best weapon during battle or have it stolen.

35. Your best friend will have the hots for your sister if you have one.

36. Villains are allowed to break the rules.

37. Childish games are deadly. Especaily card games.

38. You can always figure out how to work a computer program in the midst of peril, no matter how advanced it is.

ManUtd4life096
ManUtd4life096
1,359 posts
Farmer

39. People run with there arms held out behind them and don't actually move while doing it.

Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

That list reminds me of Inuyasha, Bleach, and Yu-Gi-Oh >.<

40. One main character is always in a near-death experience or is in coma that has to be revived by the main character doing something

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

41. Holograms can cause serious injury, even death.

KingRyan

florglee2
florglee2
1,778 posts
Peasant

42. You must look like someone who would be regarded as insane to the real world to be in any form of anime life, or have little hamsters that go on adventures and stuff.

madgamer131
madgamer131
671 posts
Nomad

43. Your best friend is someone you always fued with, and will soon betray you.

Showing 1-9 of 9