ForumsSupport ForumNationality?

46 6408
Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Alright. So how about in the forums or something under the armatar you have a little miniature flag of your nationality. So if you're american an american flag, canadian a canadian one, german a germany one, etc. Not much use but seems alot of people don't know who is what. For example the Canada thread some people were like "WHAT YOUR CANADIAN 'so and so' ?!?" and was interesting. I think it would be nice!

• 46 Replies
DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,058 posts
Blacksmith

I think this could be a cool idea, but you can already set where you live (though I don't think most people write their actual location...). It would make it easier to see who is from where, I like the idea so long as it was optional.

purpledinosaur
purpledinosaur
679 posts
Peasant

ahhh... that would be cool but people would lie to be like another nationality but anyways good Idea I like that

ArmourGames
ArmourGames
57 posts
Nomad

Yea that would be really cool I like that idea,but what if people didn't select their country like me for an example?

flappybob999
flappybob999
797 posts
Peasant

Very good idea, needs some work, but very good bones here!

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

I think thats a pretty cool idea. I do beleive that we should be able to reamain anonymous if we wanted too and not show a flag and for everyone who wants to let everyone know were they are from they may choose a flag.

I like the idea. As long as we had the option to not show a flag.

flappybob999
flappybob999
797 posts
Peasant

Good idea NoName! Optional is gold!

I don't see what the big deal is about lying and changing flags. If it's not spam, if it's not hurting anyone, I don't care. :P

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Hopefully there wouldn't be an army of people lying about nationality and yes the optionality is key. But yeah this would just be a little thing in control panel, dropdown box with all the countries. And a little checkbox beside the dropbox. If checked it shows it. If not it just doesn't do anything!

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

Well there are also some flaws. For example let's say that a member puts thier nationality, and other irresponsible users insult them or in other words be racist. Don't get me wrong there are a lot of good people on AG but there are also bad. So to avoid these major problems I disagree.
P.S
Some people might judge others based on thier nationality and treat them as if they know how they act when perhaps they act very differently

True this happens on nearly every site I see.
Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

We already have where you live so if you want to discriminate all you have to do is look. And if you feel you're origins will have you discriminated then don't show your flag. I for one would show my Canadian flag and if anyone wants to discriminate me then I'd like to so be it, it's their problem!

kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

This is a good idea, it saves the trouble of going to their profile.

As for the discrimination, that probably will happen. The people that are discriminated against should just report this to a mod/admin, and be happy for who they are.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

This is a cool idea I like the idea of making it optional. And addition to this that would be extremely awesome, would be an Armor Games map showing the number of people from the different countries.

kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

The map would be a great idea. Below the map there could also be a leaderboard for the countries, and we could which country has the most AP total.

Eyes
Eyes
139 posts
Blacksmith

^^ lol, and just like that, a great idea turned into a competition.

I think this is a good idea, too. There so many people from many different countries, it is always interesting to know who comes from where.

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

Yes i think it would be an excellent idea providing it was optional.

A problem might be that people would get racially slammed by spammers.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

A problem might be that people would get racially slammed by spammers.

We don't ever force users to display personal information. If we had this feature, I am sure it would not be any different.
Showing 1-15 of 46