ForumsSupport ForumNationality?

46 6412
Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Alright. So how about in the forums or something under the armatar you have a little miniature flag of your nationality. So if you're american an american flag, canadian a canadian one, german a germany one, etc. Not much use but seems alot of people don't know who is what. For example the Canada thread some people were like "WHAT YOUR CANADIAN 'so and so' ?!?" and was interesting. I think it would be nice!

• 46 Replies
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Might work, just might get you a little confused with your badge.

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

I don't know about you but I can usually tell the difference between a crown and a flag! But that's just me! :P
An AG map would be epic, but you'd need to know their town too and put like a little pin then... I expect unless the map is huge then the map will be completely covered with members! XD

kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

You don't need to put a pin on their town the map can just have a number of users that live their written inside the border of that country.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Might work, just might get you a little confused with your badge.

Well, I am assuming it would just be a small flag symbol up near your name. There shouldn't be any confusion with other symbols or badges.
Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Yeah. Someone would have to make some nice little flags, bubbly and stuff >

Chaze100
Chaze100
479 posts
Peasant

i think that would be a cool idea to see where other people are from and how many different countries AG communicates with

Chaze100

Girl_Power
Girl_Power
379 posts
Peasant

I think its a great idea anyway I'm irish my flag is Green,White and Orange!

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

Whats the point of this?
I think it will just cause discrimination. I mean, why do you want to know what nationality someone is anyway?

As soon as you know, your going to think of them differently.

Sorry, but I rather not have this.

Eyes
Eyes
139 posts
Blacksmith

If you feel that you'd be treated differently, then you would (most likely) have the option to NOT display your nationality. This is essentially the same thing as the "location" part of the profile; if people choose to fill it in, so be it, but no one is forcing them.

Regarding, "Why would anyone want to know?", I think one instance where it would come in handy is the Debate Forum. Instead of ASKING where someone is from, you can see where they are from (again, if they choose to display that information). Other than that, pure curiosity.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Well, Canadians and Americans (most of the people on here) have nothing to be offended about, neither Europe, or maybe Australia.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

I think it will just cause discrimination. I mean, why do you want to know what nationality someone is anyway?

We never force people to give out personal information on this site, in their profile or otherwise. If people do not want to list their nationality, then they don't have to. It is a free choice type of thing.
Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

Well yes, but still don't see the point of it.

Although it would be interesting if you were to find someone of the same race, that is if there isn't to many of you...

But I do think that in some cases it will cause some sort of discrimination. Sure you don't have to put your nationality, but its not like you know nothing will happen.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

It isn't about race. Think of America. Just putting an American flag on your wall doesn't mean that you are white. If we have certain members that start to discriminate, then that would be taken care of. It isn't something we would take lightly. I just don't think that it would cause that happen.

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

Well I'm for it. Would be pretty cool.

Along with that, an edit option please =D

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

It's always nice to know that you aren't the only person from lets say Australia or England or somewhere on the site and it could create some nice bonds on the site. Or get newer members feel more at home seeing someone from their country. And if I wanted to discriminate you because you were an Aussie then I wouldn't wait for you to get a flag, I would just check your profile.

Showing 16-30 of 46