ForumsThe TavernA New RP Session from me! liek ZOMG!

26 4401
Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

I have gotten a lot of requests from people to start back up my 'Dark Ages' RP session.

But I will not. XD

Too many of the members that were active in that one are gone, and I was getting bored of the whole dark ages theme anyways.

So it is up to you, the players, to figure out what you want for the next one.

I am going to set up a basic form for each person to fill out, so I can get ideas for the next one.

**Form**
Description of RP:

Same quest for everyone?:

Class based?:

Predetermined starting items?:

Story lines intermingle?:

**Example of completed form**
Description of RP: Everyone is a Pokemon and they have to run around and do stuff! Pokemon stuff!

Same quest for everyone?:Yes, everyone must try and defeat a giant rock.

Class based?: Yes, each different type of Pokemon

Predetermined starting items?:No, player gets to choose starting items.

Story lines intermingle?: Yes

If there are any questions about filling out the form, feel free to ask!

And no, there is no way in hell I am going to do a Pokemon RP. Sorry kids.

• 26 Replies
Timegoesby
Timegoesby
1,006 posts
Nomad

I like steevo15's idea, but during a middle age theme.

Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

Even if you are a male, you can make your character a female (which would be fun XD)
As a DM here is my general experience in this matter: What a player says: I want to explore gender roles through the creative meadiam of D&D.
What he means: I like lesbians.
steevo15
steevo15
1,562 posts
Peasant

Timegoesby said: I like steevo15's idea, but during a middle age theme.

Thanks! You know, army doesn't always mean modern, a group of soldiers in the medieval age was called an army too!
drakokirby
drakokirby
1,651 posts
Shepherd

That's so over used though. You also sound like you copied the names out of Military Mayhem.

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

A pokemon one would be very funny!
Here is my idea!

**Form**
Description of RP: Magical Pixies and fairies flying around in the clouds going on magical adventures....including Unicorns and evil Hognobbits.

Same quest for everyone?:
One main goal to defeat the evil Hognobbit king who is trying to take over Cloud Land.

Class based?:
No...everyone is either a Fairy or a Pixie...although the mods are either good and evil...
The Evil Mods are:
Darth Voidy - Evil Hognobbit King.
VoldeTuna - Evil Hognobbit King Adviser.
Strop - Evil Hognobbit Assasin.
Asherlee - Evil Witch of the West

Good Mods:
Carlie - Unicorn Adviser
Dragon Mistress - Great Wise Dragon of Cotton Mountain
Moegreche - Great Librarian
Calm - The Wanderer

If the Admins want to join in this they can.

The idea of that is that they provide advice, quests and directions for the Pixie and Faery Heroes.

Predetermined starting items?:
A Standard Issue Wand...and whatever else the Faeries and Pixies can fit in their pockets.

Story lines intermingle?:
Yes!

Do you like it?

KingRyan

jwalshjr
jwalshjr
536 posts
Peasant

As a DM here is my general experience in this matter: What a player says: I want to explore gender roles through the creative meadiam of D&D.
What he means: I like lesbians.

Maybe I do like lesbians! I mean look at Asherlee, she's like uber awesome! Do you have a problem with lesbians Xzeno?
Fate
Fate
114 posts
Nomad

here is a bleak future RP idea ..

sorry is the post is long ...but I wanted to make it somewhat detailed ...note: all magelike classes have small limits put on their powers.

Description of RP:

An Small OVerview:
The world is now controlled by 4 very powerfull global corporations that are fighting over what remains of the worlds resources. During this time of chemical and nuclear warfare , magic has resurfaced ...this has lead many to believe that there is another energy source with in this new invisible...this has also shook up the religious beliefs of many that still follow the Church.

The Way the World is Divided and The Others :

The Omni-Tech Corp.- They rule over all of Russia , Asia , Australia , and parts of the Middle East ...Their terrority ends around what use to be the Poland/Russian boarder , and again somewhere with in Iran.

The United Front Labor Division or The UFLD - They control all of Europe up to the old Poland boarder and down to the old boarder of Syria , Iceland , and 3 old lands in Africa ...Morocco , Tunisia , and Algeria.

Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries or OPEC - They control Africa ( minus the 3 places stated above ) , The Middle East , Venezuela , and Ecuador.

The Newfoundland corp. - This group is the ruling body over North and South America ( minus the 2 places stated above ) , and Canada ..they also rule all the islands in the gulf.

The Revolutionary League - They are a group of Anarchists that try to bring down the corporations. They can be found through out the world , their numbers are uknown because most act as normal civilians until they are needed. Something else to note is that they are said to have mages and witches with magic that can heal the land.

Same quest for everyone?: That would be up to the person running the game

Class based?: The Classes will be based on the Group you fight for.

The Omni-Tech Corp :

Omni Deathwalker - They are the ground troops for the Omni-Tech Corp.... They wear heavy armor ( usually painted black ), and carry a variety of weapons.

Omni Hellhound - They are the assissins of the Corp. ... The Omni-Tech Corp is known for trying to kill the leaders of incoming troops. Their troops are known for burning their targets.

Omni Ash Priest - The Omni-Tech Corp does not allow religon , There is only Omni-Tech Corp. ..one should live and sleep for his ruling body ...The Ash Priest are there most loyal troops ...as a gift they have been subjected to a drug called XSD24. This drug feeds off the living tissue of a person ..which is bad..it limits them, but in turn gives them unheard telekinesis powers, which they use in the most vile ways possible.

The United Front Labor Divison:

Gunner Boys - They are the ground trooops for the UFLD ...They are 8 foot Mecha type constructs that a single person gets in and controls , and use heavy machinegun type weapons. The name Gunner Boy comes from the fact that most of the pilots are very young and small.

The Souless - They are the assissins of the UFLD ...They are known for the masks they wear ...some say they are made out of the faces of their targets

Fire Saints - The UFLD has warlocks and witches that know how to tap into the magical weave and produce fire ..but their art is very taxing and can only be done a number of times a day ...still they are feared world wide...

Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries

Doomblades - They are the group troops for OPEC ...They are known for the large guns they carry that also can be used as swords...their body armor looks like its thin and light ,but its just as strong as any other.

Ritual Killers - These are the assissins for OPEC ..these guys combine a mix of muslim and the occult to form one of the most feared groups in all the world ...they are very bold and have attacked some of the highest ranking people from the other nations. They also believe some members of their group are immortal.. the truth is unknown.

Defilers - These are kinda of like the ones from D&D , they draw power from the land ( because it is attached to the weave ) , but in doing so ..they also destroy it. A person can only with stand only so much of this magic at a time ,because it is destroying the weave ..and the person.

The Newfoundland corp

Devil Dog - They are the ground troops for the Newfoundland Corp.... They are normal humans that have been had their skin graphed with Del-Vi 4 which makes them almost bullet proof ( note the almost ..some guns can go through Del-vi 4) ..the bad thing ..it also makes them mildly insane.

Gods Hand - With the war and magic through out the world ..the Church of God has all but fell of the map ...but there are still a few with in the Newfoundland Corp. that have their old faith. The church only trains a select few to help ..those become the assissins of the Newfoundland ...They wear white robes ..it is said ..if you hear the words " I forgive you my friend " ..it will be the last thing you ever hear...it's their calling card so to say.

Stormlords - The Newfoundland Corp. has found away to push the invisible weave into someones body ..through a device that is attached to the person spine ...it allows this person to tap right into the source ..letting them send bolts of light from their eyes and hands...this light is hot enough to melt steel... the draw back is a persons body can only handle so much a day ...they they are limited in some ways. They get their name from the fact that during major battles if a couple of them cast in the same area the magical energy released from their attacks cause the weather to change.

The Revolutionary League

Chaos Healers - There are only a handful of them ..and the League will do anything to keep them alive....they have the power to cleans and heal the enviroment.... a single tear from a Chaos Healer is said to have the power to purify a small lake. If they cure too much this will draw the attention of the 4 nations ..who will stop at nothing to capture them and use them in their war.

They can also be any of the classes listed above.

Things to note ..all nations have normal troops also !

Predetermined starting items?: That would be up to the person running the game

Story lines intermingle?: Yes , they could even end up fighting each other ...I see lots of death in this place ..if the person running the game permitts I would say that you even have more than one toon.

Fate
Fate
114 posts
Nomad

new invisible WEAVE ..that was left out of the first post ..not sure how to edit post here ..so I just added it here.

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Teehee...anyone like my idea?

KingRyan

drakokirby
drakokirby
1,651 posts
Shepherd

Eh. I'm not sure on Ryan's idea. It's just too cliche'. Using magical creatures with villains and mentors. It also sounds like Star Wars and Harry Potter put together. Also, Carlie wouldn't be a Unicorn adviser and Strop would of been a Ninja lord like a shogun or a daimyo.

CowInAPie
CowInAPie
83 posts
Nomad

Description of RP: An age when castles where prominent and the crossbow was the anti-armor weapon of the day. Villages and town could work together as a community and work towards goals. Kings where kind or forceful (depending on the region) and soldiers reflected this (As in kinder soldiers, or the tough, mean and rude soldiers).

Same quest for everyone?: Depends. The different quests, that could have the same idea, should be different to get different reactions, although same quests could make people come up with different ideas on how to complete the same thing.

Class based?: Yes, or sort of. A skill table would work best so someone could split off any way with any combination of skills, but this would take major time to complete and therefor a class system could help lessen this, with a side affect of less diversity.

Predetermined starting items?: Yes, therefor no one can make themselves start with the best items possible to starting.

Story lines intermingle?: They can, if you want. As long as people don't force others to do anything. I.E. *Rockie drags Sophia into the bar* But instead try to work with that person to cooperate. I.E. *Rockie trys to convince Sophia she can find work at the local tavern* And then after the person playing as Sophie can decide for him/herself.

Showing 16-26 of 26