ForumsSupport ForumSuggestions on how to be nicer to each other

34 5515
Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

In a lost of the posts in this forum recently, I have seen people acting very rude to other users. This may be because they started a topic that has been started before, or it may be a spam topic. However, you must understand that when users first make an account, they come to this forum because they don't know what they are doing, and just need a quick bit of help. Being met with rudeness and sarcasm is not the way to welcome people to the site. So please, keep some of these things in mind:

+ Always be courteous to other members of the community.

+ If it is already a question that has been asked by another member, kindly point them in the right direction of the original thread. Posting the link to the original thread would be both very helpful, and productive. A moderator will surely see the topic later and lock it if needed. There is no need to be mean to them, or send a link to a mod asking them to lock it.

+ If the topic is spam, don't post that it is spam and needs to be locked. To me, this is one of the most annoying types of spam. People spamming to say something is spam. Most time these posts will be deleted anyways when the topic is locked. There is no point in saying it should be locked. You have to trust that with out judgement, we would be able to tell. Either post something helpful and constructive on the topic, or do not post at all.

So please, when you are replying to threads in this forum, keep these things in mind. Its disappointing to look at threads with people asking for help, and seeing sarcastic and rude remarks. They deserve a nice response, and a point in the right direction. That is what this forum is for.

Just remember this: If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!

• 34 Replies
flappybob999
flappybob999
797 posts
Peasant

Aha Carlie, you have done it again.

People, read this!

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

Instead of making it a suggestion, it should be more of a rule : /

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

Great job Carlie! I might have been a little mean to new people, sorry about that...=P I'll try to follow this from now on.

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

Ehh Carlie nice try but I don't think those people even read or pay attention to these posts :-$

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

Ehh Carlie nice try but I don't think those people even read or pay attention to these posts :-$

That is their fault they can't be blamed for not noticing.
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

When somebody is being mean, direct them here.
Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

This is spam. Lock please.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

This is spam. Lock please.

Urm, how is this spam?
plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

Urm, how is this spam?

You tell if anything is a joke can you -_-
Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

I believe he meant to say

You Can't tell if anything is a joke can you -_-

MasterKainIV
MasterKainIV
18 posts
Nomad

that happens to me all time i hate it!!!!!!!

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

I know and there is no edit button so we are all just like oh crap better double post. And then it's like OH YOUR BANNED and then your like WHAT? And then the police come and check your butt for drugs. This happens to everyone right?

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

Haha, I got it, I was joking around with you. I know your personailty Klaushouse.

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

Hey man I had my butt kicked triple hard for triple posting o.o

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

klaushouse it olny happened once or twice! Good job carlie that should be stickied.

Showing 1-15 of 34