ForumsSupport ForumComments- "Responding to" Plan!

64 8740
Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

So this might seem complicated, probably because it is.. but it could be done in the long run, for when ArmorGames makes another major update let's say. When I am surfing my comments I tend to find a bunch that are just a sentence or something I completely find out of context and I am confused. This is mainly because I do not remember what I said to who to evoke such a response! Now I would find it quite nice, if someone is replying to a comment and not just leaving one out of the blue that on my comments it would say "So and So Responding to this message"

Example:

I leave a message on Plokkey's Comments: "Hey Plokkey, I don't know about you but I am so tired lately, do you rather orange juice or apple juice?"

Plokkey looks at his messages and goes oh hey klaus I love that guy. And clicks a special button on my comment to him called Reply or whatever. He says: "Hey klaus, me too! And I quite rather the latter**!"

**If you don't get it, latter means the second choice pretty much

*Normally I would look at my comments and say "wtf?" cause I don't know what he is talking about, I would have to search his comments and find mine to see what he is talking about. BUT WITH MY IDEA it would play out like this:*

I go to my comments, and see 'Plokkey responding to "Hey Plokkey, I don't know about you but I am so tired lately, do you rather orange juice or apple juice?"" then his message. Things would make sense.

But this is complicated and would need more fleshing out. Like the whole Responding to, if it would use the entire message or just a part of it if it's too short, or maybe you can have something like it shows the first 10 words and a "..." and if you click more, it would maximize and show you're entire comment or something like that. Anyways hope everyone gets me. What do you guys think.

• 64 Replies
Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Brag about what? My incredibly amazing ideas? ;D I just want a mod to look at this thread and say "sounds good." so I can stop posting here LOL . :[

P.S. My armartar is a bear, is rocks. Hard.

Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

Yes but you must be 2,000 AP+

Because they would thing you're not experienced enough.

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

LOL Dan, you are referring to the mod comment florg said. I tend to ignore those, there is no right reply to those, except that I am flattered that he would say that. Let's leave it at that and come back to the subject of the comment system shall we?

Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

Ha, Dear apologizes,

Sorry I didn't reply faster, I was making a LONG! story. Here's the link

http://armorgames.com/community/thread/1465419/rp-session-my-story

kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

Absolutely nothing... good story though.

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Dan... what on earth does that have to do with this thread?

florglee2
florglee2
1,778 posts
Peasant

Hey, ah, wait a minute. So, Danstanta has a turtle, and theres only four different 10,000 AP fish armatars. But I've seen five: Sea Otter, Dolphin, Shark, Penguin, and Sea Turtle. Does that mean penguin is a bird?

jalex12
jalex12
195 posts
Nomad

i think that is a great idea

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Just because I have such a big ego and I am in love with myself I have decided to revive this thread. I am in love with this idea even with it's insane amount of complexity. :3
And I had to manually go through almost all these pages to find it rofl.

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Well, Klaushouse. I approve of your idea.
Especially because I'm so friggin lazy when it comes to continuing conversations... It can easily be a few days, and then the 'huh, what was that about' is really common...
Only con is coding?

ubertuna
ubertuna
2,120 posts
Shepherd

I was about to post my "Do not raise the dead! (please)" picture, when I realized that this is an awesome idea that was never fully addressed. I'll bring it up to the other mods. Generally though, don't resurrect topics. It makes us unhappy

Flippin3500
Flippin3500
2,581 posts
Shepherd

Why cant we just put the "Quote" option in our messenger?

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

You have no idea how much help this will be to us users! Klaushouse saves the day, once again =D

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

ubertuna, last time I checked there was nothing wrong with resurrecting topics as long as you post on topic and continue the purpose of the thread.
It is only when the thread is pointless or it is bumped with a pointless post that it should make you sad. Not when it's just brought back up.
We don't want duplicates created because it makes mods sad to see resurrected threads, right?

Thread resolved, leave it alone. Thread still open, just stay on topic and it should be fine.

Or have I missed some crucial point here? :/

Gah, so sorry for all off-topic post!

96blackwolf
96blackwolf
30 posts
Nomad

nice i agree that would be a great addition

Showing 31-45 of 64