ForumsSupport ForumComments- "Responding to" Plan!

64 8741
Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

So this might seem complicated, probably because it is.. but it could be done in the long run, for when ArmorGames makes another major update let's say. When I am surfing my comments I tend to find a bunch that are just a sentence or something I completely find out of context and I am confused. This is mainly because I do not remember what I said to who to evoke such a response! Now I would find it quite nice, if someone is replying to a comment and not just leaving one out of the blue that on my comments it would say "So and So Responding to this message"

Example:

I leave a message on Plokkey's Comments: "Hey Plokkey, I don't know about you but I am so tired lately, do you rather orange juice or apple juice?"

Plokkey looks at his messages and goes oh hey klaus I love that guy. And clicks a special button on my comment to him called Reply or whatever. He says: "Hey klaus, me too! And I quite rather the latter**!"

**If you don't get it, latter means the second choice pretty much

*Normally I would look at my comments and say "wtf?" cause I don't know what he is talking about, I would have to search his comments and find mine to see what he is talking about. BUT WITH MY IDEA it would play out like this:*

I go to my comments, and see 'Plokkey responding to "Hey Plokkey, I don't know about you but I am so tired lately, do you rather orange juice or apple juice?"" then his message. Things would make sense.

But this is complicated and would need more fleshing out. Like the whole Responding to, if it would use the entire message or just a part of it if it's too short, or maybe you can have something like it shows the first 10 words and a "..." and if you click more, it would maximize and show you're entire comment or something like that. Anyways hope everyone gets me. What do you guys think.

• 64 Replies
Gametesta
Gametesta
1,707 posts
Nomad

actually this is a pretty good idea for when you compltly fooget about what you were talking about with a paticular person

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Is that possible? If so, it wouldn't be private. I think it would be great to have a PM system, but they probably will never allow it.

For the most part yes. If we had it and no one(i mean No ONE!) could see it, then the mods won't allow it. I think they should be able to see it.
slipsoccer
slipsoccer
1,081 posts
Peasant

Yeah I agree cause what if they were planning to create a profile just so they can spam on it....

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Private messages come as a problem where people complain that mods are looking at private messages and such I presume. And having the messages public keeps this place a little cleaner, as you do make sure what you said it ok because people will see it. Thanks for seeing my point in resurrection Uber, I did like this idea more than others which is why I went to the trouble of manually finding it. This wouldn't clutter so much, I'd have to disagree with you on that one plott. As it is, it would just take an extra line or so per comment if you keep them minimized as shown in a photo. But to each his own opinion. This might just be a matter of toggling them on or off, but of course not everyone is going to agree, and this won't benefit everyone in the world, just hopefully the majority!

Showing 61-64 of 64