Forums

ForumsProgramming Forum

Good Programming Technique 101

Posted Dec 2, '09 at 10:20pm

rhp

rhp

4 posts

what code sould you put in to make a button to make a button code to go to a website.

Posted Dec 3, '09 at 1:26am

Darkroot

Darkroot

2,549 posts

Don't forget writing comments in your code and spacing properly.

rhp I think it is..
on (release) {
getURL ("NewWindow=window.open('somewebsite','newWin','width=400,height=300,left=0 ,top=0,toolbar=No,location=No,scrollbars=No,status =No,resizable=Yes,fullscreen=No'); NewWindow.focus(); void(0);");
}
You can do some edits on that

Posted Dec 15, '09 at 2:35pm

Adikaaaa

Adikaaaa

5 posts

Good job, this may be very usefull to me!

Posted Aug 2, '10 at 8:50am

Aang65

Aang65

1 post

does anyone want to know how to make a custom cursor???

Posted Aug 2, '10 at 10:24am

asgerregsa

asgerregsa

6 posts

It might be very well organized if you code on the first frame only but I still put some code on the movieclips and some code on some different frames because on my computer (Windows Vista, 3GB RAM) it starts lagging a lot when there is only like 100 lines of code on a frame.

Posted Aug 2, '10 at 10:28am

asgerregsa

asgerregsa

6 posts

does anyone want to know how to make a custom cursor???

Yes and here is how:

You make a movieclip that's gonna be your cursor. Let's say you give it the instance name of "cursor".
Put "cursor" on the stage.
On the frame, put this code:

Mouse.hide();
startDrag(cursor, true);

That was a little off topic but I hope it helped :)

Posted Aug 25, '10 at 9:19pm

Ancellius

Ancellius

1 post

First time even reading about ActionScript... but it's all very interesting. I just used about 5 hours of my life and 10 billion brain cells memorizing all of this... now ijust need to get a flash program to start doing it myself.... got an artist, and a musician...guess i've gotta be a programmer haha. Thanks guys, this really REALLY does help.

Posted Sep 7, '10 at 5:08pm

NightSh4d0w1

NightSh4d0w1

1 post

Trust me Flash takes over your life but it is so much fun to create your own games and animations also leaves you with somewhat a sence of pride in yourself! Also you always know there is something new you can learn and never know what is around the corner! Forum actionscript is mostly the best due to people giving HONEST scripting most of the time and can tell them if it don't work.

Posted Oct 29, '10 at 10:46pm

Darkroot

Darkroot

2,549 posts

flash program to start doing it myself.... got an artist, and a musician...guess i've gotta be a programmer haha. Thanks guys, this really REALLY does help.

Don't forget to practice use flash develop to hone your actionscript skills for the future in which you might get flash and make a game :).

Posted Nov 25, '10 at 12:53am

Ongokiller50

Ongokiller50

12 posts

To make a Combing Game

Fighting Frames after the attack Make a var saying something like _parent.comboMove = 1 then on the movieclip put
Punch = 65// A key
if (comboMove == 1){
if (Key.isDown(Punch)){
// Making sure its on the attacking animations
gotoAndStop("fightMoves");

//The MoveClip To go to the next attack combo//
Fighter.gotoAndPlay("attack2");

//Canceling The code because you already press it. No need to make it repeat it//
combo = 0
}
}

Reply to Good Programming Technique 101

You must be logged in to post a reply!