ForumsWEPRCalifornia Earthquake

48 8006
Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

Did anyone heard about the earthquake in California in just a couple of hours ago? The meter was around 5.9 or 5.4, no one did get hurt. That was a relief.

• 48 Replies
Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

They told a bigger one might come.

1. Just might.

2. Its a news show for profit.
SuperzMcShort
SuperzMcShort
325 posts
Nomad

It's not really an if, it's more of a when (talking on a scale of decades if not centuries). My hope is that it's just not in my lifetime.

Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

Or around 7.5

Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

Or not at all

TotalReview
TotalReview
803 posts
Shepherd

Bigger one might only be 6.5 or so. maybe ****** I;m not sure.

Did you ever take a science class? There have been earthquakes over 8.0 before so there is no doubt it could happen again. There could even be bigger then that but no one knows when.
darkd00m
darkd00m
505 posts
Nomad

i never felt it, but animals sense these things... floods, earthquakes, listen to your pets, they might save u. there was a flood somewhere and there was alot of bodies there, some alive, some dead, but there was no animals because they sensed it.

dragoncrusher
dragoncrusher
773 posts
Peasant

I didn't hear about that one. Well, nobody got hurt so I guess it doesn't matter.

Craze77
Craze77
813 posts
Peasant

Where I live is a Earthquake zone. I live in the Bootheel. In the 1800's a earthquake was in New Madrid and it made the Mississippi River Flow Backwards for a secs! This earthquake made ReelFoot Lake in Arkansas.

Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

Oh, I guess that's sad to hear but I am kinda worried.

TotalReview
TotalReview
803 posts
Shepherd

Oh, I guess that's sad to hear but I am kinda worried.

Earthquakes can be devastating. There is time to prepare and evacuate for hurricanes but earthquakes just happen. There is even some minutes to prepare for a tornado. Earthquakes just happen so there is no preparation.
thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

There was a earthquake that tipped 8.2 I think.

Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

Yes so I worry and wish that something would not happen to destroy my city and family.

Craze77
Craze77
813 posts
Peasant

Yea. I agree! I wish there wasnt nautral diasters!

drakokirby
drakokirby
1,651 posts
Shepherd

We are bound for a big EarthQuake soon. Also, California has had some big earthquakes. It was either 1994 or 1995 when Northridge was hit hard with an earthquake.

Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

Yea. I agree! I wish there wasnt nautral diasters!

if we didn't have that we would not have a correct earth. or mountains.
Showing 16-30 of 48