ForumsWEPRCalifornia Earthquake

48 8004
Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

Did anyone heard about the earthquake in California in just a couple of hours ago? The meter was around 5.9 or 5.4, no one did get hurt. That was a relief.

• 48 Replies
drakokirby
drakokirby
1,651 posts
Shepherd

We also would not have the Grand Canyon, Nigrava Falls, etc. We would not see the beauty of Mother Earth and we would just be living on a flat piece of Savannah. Do you want to just be flat?

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,202 posts
Farmer

We(Lemoore, CA) didn't feel it, but my relatives did lol. I was at home when it happened, and didn't even realize something had happened until my mom picked me up, heading off to Target, and learned there wasn't much damage, if any at all, and no injuries reported. So all is well, glad nothing bad happened.

[quote]Yea. I agree! I wish there wasnt nautral diasters!

if we didn't have that we would not have a correct earth. or mountains.[/quote]

No natural disasters....hmmm, move to Central California, like where I live, Lemoore, Fresno, around here, trust me, nothing, minor earthquakes, but we haven't felt one in years, plus they're never beyond messing up your nice DVD stacks, or knocking over your cat on stilts. HOWEVER, you get things like semi-bad air, allergies, creepy creatures, and stuff like that...LOL

We are bound for a big EarthQuake soon.

Oh noes....retreat!!!
Is this particular Earthquake you speak of the one that's supposed to split Cali in half? Or another big one?
SuperzMcShort
SuperzMcShort
325 posts
Nomad

Oh noes....retreat!!!
Is this particular Earthquake you speak of the one that's supposed to split Cali in half? Or another big one?

I don't think any earthquake is actually supposed to split Cali in half...

Though what was said about being due for a big one is true. The entire western coast of the U.S. is sitting on a fault line that hasn't really acted up for over a hundred years and it's bound to happen sometime.
Crazy_Chris_84
Crazy_Chris_84
139 posts
Peasant

Can you imagine the devestation that will be left behind in its wake? I was in California yesterday when that 5.4 hit. Over here in California we get these mild quakes from time to time. So for me I'm used to these mild events happening. As far as the BIG ONE is conserned, it will be a day that will live on forever.

Roadripper
Roadripper
1,514 posts
Farmer

I thought that it was a 5.6... am I right or no??

Crazy_Chris_84
Crazy_Chris_84
139 posts
Peasant

Some people say it was even a 5.8. we'll just say it was between a 5.4 to a 5.8. How's that? I was playing the Letter Game from the Forum Game Section and as soon as I replyed with the word KILOGRAM and clicked "Post Your Reply." The quake happened immediatly after when I clicked it. Do I have magic powers or was it a computer glitch that somehow triggered off a real life event? How you ever had those kind of moments?

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

The AG office went to Disneyland yesterday, and we felt the earthquake when we were there. The dock we were on waiting in line started shaking and all of the rides automatically shut off. It was interesting seeing them go to the top of California Screamin (roller coaster) to get people off. All the rides were shut down for a couple hours.

rocketsrule
rocketsrule
236 posts
Nomad

Yeah, I heard that this earthquake was pretty intense.

Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

Yes, But I didn't feel it, I was sleeping.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Yes, But I didn't feel it, I was sleeping.

At noon? lol you sleep late!
Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

Carlie I woke up at around 2 or 3 when the earthquake hit. :-)

thelistman
thelistman
1,416 posts
Shepherd

Was it anything like this?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hwnKy1mOnM4

Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

Oh my lord wow!!! But no.

Drace