ForumsSupport Forum[necro] A armorgames.com wiki?

138 18764
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

In another topic me and dirkpitt1 were discussing making a wiki site for armorgames.com.here is the linkI actually like the idea and would be willing to help on it, but as dirk noted in this thread.It would be a good idea to see what the admins/mods think about the idea first, before we do so.So I am going to post this thread so that the admins may possibly respond quicker,and take more notice of the idea.

• 138 Replies
dirkpitt1
dirkpitt1
1,281 posts
Nomad

I think itd be better if i was the owner of the site, tbh.

florglee2
florglee2
1,778 posts
Peasant

Uh oh....you put a space between Klaus and House...anyways, can you gimme a link and maybe a tutorial for this site building stuff? I don't have much experience, like I said.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

with wiki you don't need knowledge of html coding.We already discussed this, but if you want to learn how to code html anyways a good site to go to would be echoecho.com I found it to be quite useful, but I have very little patience with this stuff outside of school.

dirkpitt1
dirkpitt1
1,281 posts
Nomad

no html coding will be needed. The hardest thing you will have to learn doing this will be how to make a custom youtube video player, and a lot of people already know that. Theres an easyedit button on every page, and you can do the layout how you want.

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

I suggest get a free hosting plan with some one that has good amount of bandwidth, space, allows PHP, and FTP access so we can all get to it

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Also drace keep in mind some of us don't understand some of us don't fully understand some of those terms, so just bear that in mind.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Well if you want to embed something,then most things come with a code to do so, such as youtube videos.

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

No HTML needed?

How do you plan to start a wiki without html, seems crazy o.o

florglee2
florglee2
1,778 posts
Peasant

Well, this sounds incredibly easy. I'd better not get cocky about it though. (that's gonna get bleeped, so here you go, this is the word i tried to say: coc.ky)

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

If we were making the website from scratch though than we would need html coding knowledge, but that is apparently not the case here.

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

If we were making the website from scratch though than we would need html coding knowledge, but that is apparently not the case here.

Well your still gonna need SOME HTML to make changes to it, and you surely will need to do so.
Html is the most basic web script so yeah, there is nothing to do without it.
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

If were going to change it then of course we may need to use some html coding,but the original website can do without.Besides, it is possible fore other people besides the owner to change it, if the owner allows it.So if you want to add some extremely awesome thing that you think would help the site than you can, by all means.

dirkpitt1
dirkpitt1
1,281 posts
Nomad

Trust me, there is absolutely no html coding knowledge needed. Any html is pregenerated

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

either way I think we have it covered guys so lets concentrate on some other things at this point.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

its called wetpaint.com

Showing 46-60 of 138