ForumsThe TavernPoints? What's the Point?

35 5377
tempo013
tempo013
581 posts
Nomad

What is the point in trying to gain Armor Points? Especially when once you've reach a certain goal of yours people just take them away. Who cares about the points? Seems to me like a vicious cycle people go through to prove they belong here. I guess you have to watch your back on this site now. What are your thoughts?

• 35 Replies
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

Everyone, stop saying "you take away points by deleting people's comments."

You have 10AP

You message me and gain 2AP

You have 12AP

I delete the comment and you lose 2AP

You have 10AP

I did not take any of your points away, I just prevented you from gaining any.

A lot of people don't realize and/or don't care that when you delete a comment from your page, It take away the points for the comment from whoever posted it. Some people clear it because they don't like clutter but there needs to be a way to clear the comments without taking away peoples hard earned AP.

Hard earned AP is gained from writing merit worthy comments under a game and getting a merit. I spend a lot of time on almost everything I type, forums, profile comments, or gaming comments. I encourage people to delete comments on their pages.

Here is how I see it, if you truly do want to comment someone or talk to someone, you should not care if you get points or not because you are sharing your thoughts with someone else and the whole purpost of commenting is to share thoughts or to talk to each other.

If you are commenting only to gain points, then you do not deserve the points in the first place. So if you leave me a comment and I delete it, then be happy that I read what you typed and be happy if i reply. If you get angry that I deleted your comment then good, I don't want people to talk to me just so they can gain points. I AM NOT A TOOL! Thank you.
Henrytheonlygameking
Henrytheonlygameking
677 posts
Nomad

i wud say a little compitishon if you know what i meen

Coolieo
Coolieo
13 posts
Nomad

If we didn't have AP then this site would be dead.

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,202 posts
Farmer

Okay people, we're obviously not taking away Armour Points. Stop saying this site would be dead without them, we all know it would be, we don't need 50 Captain Obvious coming through here on a Penguin March okay?

@NoNameC68

While yes, you still have 10AP, what if they deleted more? THAT, is what most people ar ecomplaining about. I personally don't see any difference, but when you are jealous of somebody having a higher rank, apparently people go through, say, their last 4-Pages of Prof. Comments, and delete every post made by that Armourgames User. THIS, is wat tends to upset people, basically because, 'you left it there before, now you got rid of it all'. Which then could be seen as an attack, as there have been more than one occasion of two AG Users flaming each other because one deleted one's comments. Sad, but true.

ikillnerds
ikillnerds
256 posts
Nomad

competion dude competion thats all it is...

Showing 31-35 of 35