ForumsThe TavernPoints? What's the Point?

35 5378
tempo013
tempo013
581 posts
Nomad

What is the point in trying to gain Armor Points? Especially when once you've reach a certain goal of yours people just take them away. Who cares about the points? Seems to me like a vicious cycle people go through to prove they belong here. I guess you have to watch your back on this site now. What are your thoughts?

• 35 Replies
williamrmck
williamrmck
68 posts
Nomad

Why?

tempo013
tempo013
581 posts
Nomad

no way, i would hate to be a mod

tempo013
tempo013
581 posts
Nomad

too much time and effort.

ManUtd4life096
ManUtd4life096
1,359 posts
Farmer

Guys, this is absolutely corny. Everyone on this site is always trying to get AP.

kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

If you like FR2 so much, it would be an awesome job for you.

Yea, tempo you make awesome maps, that would be a job for you.
justgotpwned
justgotpwned
1,166 posts
Peasant

that happened to stqrscramer ppl are just taking ihs points away and i agree he des have a point about ap

Roadripper
Roadripper
1,514 posts
Farmer

I know, you do kinda have a point there...but yeah, I kinda like the idea of points...

ktwngr
ktwngr
179 posts
Nomad

People use it as a status thing too much. I get what you are saying about watching your back. I mean, it is so dumb how when people delete things you say off of their page, it makes you lose the points. I do like that you can unlock stuff for contributing but it is not used for the good intentions that were originally planned. I understand friendly competion but some people take this too far.

ktwngr
ktwngr
179 posts
Nomad

Hey jalex12, I get what you are saying. A lot of people don't realize and/or don't care that when you delete a comment from your page, It take away the points for the comment from whoever posted it. Some people clear it because they don't like clutter but there needs to be a way to clear the comments without taking away peoples hard earned AP.

crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,611 posts
Jester

Just to let you know without points this would be a total disaster.

ManUtd4life096
ManUtd4life096
1,359 posts
Farmer

Yeah, no one would join. People join this site only because of the AP. Only to be No.1.

strifexv
strifexv
54 posts
Farmer

Other then getting new Armatars, what's the point of the AP system?

Strongbow
Strongbow
324 posts
Nomad

@strifexv: Look next to your Armatar...yes thats right..a little to the right. That little helmet there?

THATS the bloody reason.
Its that little thing that has got everyone exploiting the bejeesus out of the points system. That little badge has people spamming profiles and rating games "lsklfes".

I agree with crazynaitor that points are an essential part of this site. Its the little gift that keeps on giving while youre on. Its NICE to see yourself advance. However, I think that the whole thing has become a bit out of control. Deleting messages simply to keep someone else from getting a bloody RANK? Are you KIDDING ME??

The whole issue is rediculous. If someone is paying THAT much attention to that little badge and checking their point total every 2 minutes..perhaps theyre missing the point of this site and need to plug their Wii back in... give themselves a break.

*sigh*..its a bloody shame.

KiLLaH1234567
KiLLaH1234567
248 posts
Nomad

I don't know.

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,202 posts
Farmer

Its NICE to see yourself advance.

Yes it's NICE to see a new rank there, and you know what? Most people believe they need to tell THE WORLD about it!

Can't believe how many people go and spam other profile saying 'hey i jst gota new rank come congratulate me!' or something.

It IS a shame that people are so worked up about points, but it can't really be helped. I think most people believe that it's the only way to get anywhere on this site, by having 10 thousand points or something.
Showing 16-30 of 35