ForumsWEPRboredom

38 6623
MarkedTarget6
MarkedTarget6
1,699 posts
Peasant

The emotion known as boredom (to me) is a 20th century creation...wat do u think it REALLY means to be bored?

• 38 Replies
MarkedTarget6
MarkedTarget6
1,699 posts
Peasant

if there was no TV's no computers then more than likley we would think reading is fun and playing outside more often...im sure most people wouldn't get 'bored'

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

Of course Marked.
People were as happy as 50 years ago and as 500 years ago! That is if you don't take in account the evil oppression of the lords and rulers.

I'd say maybe even happier.

Midnightday
Midnightday
86 posts
Nomad

I just think that when we here about the past from our parents they just glorify it.
I'm sure they weren't all jolly and happy playing with sticks and grass.

Gavan
Gavan
12 posts
Nomad

I believe that boredom is an emotion caused by lack of activites. It is not "20th century creation," were in the world did you get that piece of false information!

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

I'm sure they weren't all jolly and happy playing with sticks and grass.

They had fun playing tag and such. Making up games and running around. Thats how it was back in my homeland. Since I moved to USA...Blagh!
Craze77
Craze77
813 posts
Peasant

Im bored!!!!! =( Some one talk to me!

GreatZulu638
GreatZulu638
279 posts
Nomad

boredom is probably the worst thing in the un-sick world.. i hate being bored.. time crawls when you are bored and no one is usually productive when bored..

Snakebite
Snakebite
996 posts
Nomad

Well if you're bored, get some hobbies, go hang out, quit feeling sorry for yourself, etc. Once you set your mind to NOT feeling bored, it's amazing what doors will open!

tempo013
tempo013
581 posts
Nomad

boredom is being at work and in school.

Kalkara
Kalkara
141 posts
Nomad

GreatZulu638, did you post at midnight?! i'm always bored. so i came up with a cure... go to armorgames! duh!

Flipski
Flipski
623 posts
Nomad

Boredom is what I use to describe, not having any things that I would prefer to do or would rather be doing, than what I have available to do in front of me. It is a sort of spoiled, and needy mindset, that did probably originate recently. Probably because of how nowadays we are able to do so many different things that we enjoy, and are able to travel farther and experience more. Now that we are able to experience so many fun things, things that would normally be pretty entertaining, become lame things that we have to do when there aren't more exciting things to be done.

thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

doesn't this belong in the tavern?

here is the dictionary definition of "bored"

to weary by dullness, tedious repetition, unwelcome attentions, etc.: The long speech bored me.

End of topic

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

Yes and flip, all those new and exciting things cost money.

Snakebite
Snakebite
996 posts
Nomad

I still think the cure to boredom is to get your mind off yourself and SERVE OTHERS!!! Volunteer....ITS FREE!!!

Ninjacube
Ninjacube
584 posts
Nomad

I still think the cure to boredom is to get your mind off yourself and SERVE OTHERS!!! Volunteer....ITS FREE!!!

I beg to differ. I am fairly selfish myself, but serving others is definitely not free. Sure, you don't have to go out and buy something, but you have to put time and effort into it. Time is money. Making it not free. Show me a way to not spend any time and I will believe you.
Showing 16-30 of 38